: Decision made.

Florian
03-09-10, 10:53 AM
With the spring coming up and the V Coupe coming out in the summer, I have made my decision regarding my next ride.....
Until they come out with the V3, Im not buying. Why? The front end of the current V is ass-ugly and has no appeal to me. Im hoping the next Gen V is better looking, but if it's worse, Im gonna have to buy one of the last of the V2s.....I hate the V2s looks, Im hoping the V3 is better and if it is, Im in line. Until then, the STSv seems much smoother and classier...Im keepin her awhile.

F

cad08stsv
03-09-10, 11:26 AM
I agree with you on both your points. I might be tempted to adapt an earlier model front facsa to the V2. That is if I were going to buy a CTSV2 or 3
Russell

Gusteve
03-09-10, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath for a radical change on a V3. Here's a link to the XTS concept car from the Detroit show. http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/12/detroit-2010-cadillac-xts-platinum-concept-ready-to-replace-sts/

I suspect that the design cue's are pretty close to what Caddie will be doing in 2011 or 2012. For a concept car, the front end looks like a straightforward evolution of the current front end. That's tells me that its probably nearly the production version. That also tells me that a V3 won't be much different either, as Caddie tends to keep the family resemble across the product line.

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-09-10, 12:41 PM
Excellent news F. I just bought an Escallade to replace my denali, so MY STS-V is staying with me for a long time.

jedhead
03-09-10, 01:06 PM
I bought my STS-V because I didn't like the front end on the CTS-V. I think the standard CTS looks better.

Bob

PGA2B
03-09-10, 01:11 PM
Excellent news F. I just bought an Escallade to replace my denali, so MY STS-V is staying with me for a long time.

:dance::woohoo:
That is great news.

CIWS
03-09-10, 01:26 PM
I plan on getting rid of mine within the next year's time, provided no radical changes occur. Not because I don't or haven't liked the car, but because my dealership's service department has not treated her well. I'm seriously trying my best to not take the car for service as much as possible between now and then (oil changes will have to happen). She's got 34K on the clock and I'm hoping to keep it below the 50K mark otherwise I'll need to invest in more service. I just shiver at the thought of letting them do it now.

dhemrick
03-09-10, 01:27 PM
I LOVE the look of the XTS! In a few years, I will most likely be getting one of these.

By the way, congratulations on your Escalade purchase, littleelvisdan. We bought a 2009 Escalade Hybrid Platinum and have been extremely happy with it. It is bar none the most comfortable car I have ever owned. Granted, it is no STS-V, but it is quite a pleasant surprise in the performance department as well. GM really did the hybrid system well in these vehicles.

If the XTS has an updated version of the hybrid system in the Escalade, I may go for that, but if they could combine V performance with the hybrid power train all wrapped up in that beautiful car, I'd SO be there.

ray901537
03-09-10, 09:52 PM
If you want to get rid of that 06 sts-v i have a great service department near me that would love to take care of it :) The misses would love to have matching cars and her b-day is coming up soon lol

silverws6ta
03-10-10, 11:36 AM
I'm with the rest of the bunch; My STS-V is here to stay -- Over the past ten years I haven't sold a car.. just keep adding to my collection (and running out of room - lol )

Congrats Dan, and dhemrick on your Lade's -- I bought my EXT last summer (a leftover '08) and I enjoy it just as much as my V as well. GM Sport Grille, Chrome Tow Hooks, Intake, Exhaust, tinted the front windows to match the back, and Ventshades. and I'm leaving it alone now)

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk366/silverws6ta/IMG01005-20090904-1718-1.jpg

dhemrick
03-11-10, 10:04 AM
I'm amazed at how many STS-V owners also have an Escalade. I guess we all just have the same great taste! :cool2:

This is a picture that was taken the day they delivered it off the truck to my workplace.

Florian
03-11-10, 12:36 PM
apparently the STSv crowd is the non boy-racer type. (unlike the CTSv guys)

F

PGA2B
03-11-10, 12:48 PM
apparently the STSv crowd is the non boy-racer type. (unlike the CTSv guys)

F

No, we like more plush and bigger vehicles!!:thumbsup: