: 2007 EXT Rear View Mirror Outside Temp Display

bkop
03-08-10, 07:31 PM
Okay I've done some searching and keep finding things for other model Cadillacs or the older model Escalades, nothing definite for our trucks.

So I noticed tonight as I was driving to class that the temp display on the rear view mirror showed 36 degrees. Actually temp outside is around 70. The last time I drove the truck was last Thursday....or maybe early Friday/Saturday morning, can't remember, days are running together. But anyway, whenever it was, I want to say that it said 36 then too, but it was cold then so I didn't pay it much mind. But now that it's 70 out, and it's reading 36, I know there is a problem.

I have turned the truck off and on several times. The first time I did, it showed 75 for a split second, then back to 36. I've unplugged the wire harness thing from the back of it and plugged it back in several times. Nothing. Still 36.

It is literally stuck on the number 36. I have no clue what to do about it now.

Any suggestions on how to fix it??

djmodifyd
03-09-10, 07:57 PM
try unplugging the neg. terminal on the battery for 15 min or so to let the entire vehicle reset. Ive fixed a few electrical glitches (windshield wipers and dimming mirror) this way.