: any recommendations for mods

nascarhead
03-08-10, 03:50 PM
hello all! i just purchased a 2007 sts-v with 25500 miles a week and a half ago. i was recommended to your web from a friend who is a technician, but not with cadillac. looking thru the site, i've noticed a lot of information on modification (d3) to these cars. does anyone recommend a servicer/technician who does these mods in the delaware/s.e. pennsylvania area? thnx

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-09-10, 06:32 PM
Most mods are "do it yourself". Intake stage 1 and 2 are easy and take about 2 hours for a noob or 1 for a vet. It really depends on how mild or wild you want to go. as simple as a intake or exhaust or tune or upgraded blower/cooling/spark plugs/cams/heads... breaks...suspension etc..

intake-tune-exhaust-brakes are the most mainstream mods.

nascarhead
03-10-10, 12:16 PM
littleelvisdan, thanks for insight. i will keep up on some of the mods people in forums are talking about. i went on d3cadillac and i do like the pictures of some of the stage 1-2 modified motors. just not sure what i am looking to do or get done. plus i just got the car and don't want to go overboard yet. do mods affect factory or exented warranties?

thanks again, nascarhead

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-10-10, 04:36 PM
lots of discussin on that. But bottom line is plan for YES it voids it, and be glad if they warrenty it. Part has to be directly involved with failure to void warranty.

An intake would not void a warranty for a wheel berring. I lowered my car and don't expect to get caddy to pay for new shocks.

PGA2B
03-10-10, 09:02 PM
Make sure you develop a good relationship with your dealership (Service Manager, Salesman, and GM) that is the key.

silverws6ta
03-10-10, 09:06 PM
Make sure you develop a good relationship with your dealership (Service Manager, Salesman, and GM) that is the key.

:yeah: Very well stated.. x2 -- If you take care of the vehicle, its not abused, and not 'rigging' up something they will take care of you..

cad08stsv
03-14-10, 03:00 PM
Nascarhear, Good Morning.
I agree with the other guys on building a good relationship with the dealer. I grease the palm of the service writer every time I go for service, and I use the same writer every time If I don't get what I want then I look for another dealer. The Mods recomended by LettleElvisDan are the most popular some of them you can get dealer installed, like the GMPP/Borla exhaust. That is a gm part and if a dealer installs it, well I would think that GM would honor it. D3 sell parts you could more than likely get in without them knowing about it. There ECU box is a plug and play and can be unpluged before you go in for service. You can get past the dealer. I have found that unless it fails. I know James will back what he sells. Luke at Lindsay Cadillac is a good sourse for parts. I even think you could go there and have them install the parts He has the best prices over all.
They are not that far from Phila, and it is a nice ride. Luke can tell which service writer to ask for. And don't be afraid to ask anyone for advice The guys who advised you already are some of the most knowadgeable guys here. So the best of Luck with Your new ride and watch that right foot it gets heavy at times.
Russell