: An Interesting Find

GizmoQ
03-08-10, 12:46 AM
Well, I'm on the road quite a bit and it finally caught up with me. I blew out a tire and bent a rim on my Caddy on some back road in the back woods of southern Illinois. So I started lurking on craigslist to find replacements. When I did, I had to drive way out to Pacific, MO and I was shocked to find the seller is the proprietor of WWW.SeeMyCars.com. He had me meet him at his garage and look what I found in there:

1937 Sayers & Scovill Byzantine Carved-Side Hearse
1953 Superior Cadillac Combination Coach
1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Formal Landau Limousine
1980 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine
1983 Superior Cadillac Crown Sovereign Hearse
1984 Superior Cadillac Crown Sovereign 3-Way Hearse
1995 Sayers & Scovill Cadillac Victoria Hearse
1995 Superior Cadillac Fleetwood Sovereign Limousine

I took pictures with my phone, but it just doesn't do justice for these beautiful cars - go see them on his website. He's a cool guy. Said he was a forum member, but visits us very infrequently. Seeing his collection was worth the trip.

P.S. Dennis I got the wheels on and they're great. Thanx

RightTurn
03-08-10, 02:39 PM
Wow, the '37 hearse is bad-ass. :lol: Thanks for sharing, Giz.

orconn
03-08-10, 03:14 PM
A little known fact about my very early years on this planet, while apparently always a "car nut" I was especially taken with hearses. When I was three it was my ambition, when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, to be a hearse driver. Obviously I was very taken with the huge beautiful, black cars and considered them the epidomy of auto beauty. As I grew older I refined my taste by thinking that a "convertible hearse" would be really nice! Until I was ten I grew up in Pasadena, CA and, to my knowledge, had never seen a convertible hearse, or a flower car for that matter. It wasn't until I moved to New Jersey as a ten year old that I saw my first flower car, but by that point I had gone on to other career aspirations. However, as a teenager I had a very good friend whose Dad was a funeral director and spent many an hour making money cleaning and waxing the parlor's beautiful 1957 Cadillac hearse and other limousines. His family's personal car was a 1955 Packard Patrician sedan so there was a lot of time spent cleaning 1950's luxury cars!

Jesda
03-08-10, 04:07 PM
Mom told me I wasnt allowed over if I drove a hearse. I seriously want one though.

Ranger
03-08-10, 06:14 PM
Blew out a tire on one of Illinois fine roads? I find that hard to believe Gizmo.

billc83
03-08-10, 06:25 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yy4ia-wQNY4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yy4ia-wQNY4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-09-10, 01:52 AM
BTW Gizmo, I watched "Push." Very good and right up my alley. Thanks for the suggestion.