: 1999 SLS window trim fabric

chiguy7
03-07-10, 05:54 PM
This is my very first forum ever of any kind. Hope I can get some help.
I'm trying to "re-tuck" the fabric covering that "tucks" into a hard grey plastic seal/gasket going all the way around the door and attached to frame not door. Tried using a thin screwdriver and pushing it back into a slim gap in the plastic seal/gasket but it won't stay in. Any ideas how I can fix ? Do I have to remove the hard plastic piece going around entire door opening ? This piece seems to be attached to frame pretty tightly.
Any help would be appreciated.

CBodyFan
03-07-10, 10:43 PM
Do you have a Cadillac body manual? That should tell you how to pop off the trim piece. They're usually held on by plastic clips. The thing is to not crack the plastic trim which is your windlace. The clips can be replaced if need be. Trim removal tools are available but you really need to know what kind of clip is under there. As for tucking the fabric back in what you need is a tucking tool. Yes, there really is such a thing. Auto trimmers use them. Good luck.

chiguy7
03-07-10, 11:01 PM
Thank you for your response. I don't have a body manual. Maybe I can get one or look at one at an auto parts store. It may be more invoved and tricky than I can handle. Besides a caddy new car dealer, where might you suggest I go to get this fixed relatively cheap?

CBodyFan
03-08-10, 10:22 PM
If you decide to have someone do it for you any auto upholstery shop should be able to do it. If they replace or repair headliners they have experience with removing and reinstalling the trim pieces.