Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Got my Headers installed! 382 RWHP

4K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  JD03Cobra 
#1 ·
I'm really happy with the headers! I already had a Magnaflow exhaust and added the off-road headers. I was going install them myself but with the Magnaflow there was fab work necessary. The shop gave me a great deal for the install so I couldn't refuse. They heat wrapped all wires that were close...

Sounds great and with nice gains! It was about 65 degress in the shop when they ran the dyno.

See less See more
#2 ·
Great man! I will be doing my install on a friends lift this Tuesday, and likely getting it tuned on Friday at TTP. Hoping for results as good as yours. The shop I use has a Dynojet, however. Either way, great numbers!

#6 ·
LOVE these midwestern dynos. :yup:

Jason, those are fabulous numbers! :thumbsup:

I'm anxious to hear it now with the Magnaflow/Kooks setup.

Now, you can start saving up for an aluminum lung on top.

#5 ·
1 3/4" Kooks

#7 ·
Hey Jason,

Nice numbers. I may have to visit that shop to do any work I need.

#10 ·
On a Mustang dyno too.

#13 ·
Awesome results! Congrats!

Must.......refrain.......headers :drool:

#14 ·
Nice numbers. Look like mine with the same mods. My pull was on a Super Flow Dyno which is an eddy current type just like a Mustang. Car is much more fun now isn't it?

#16 ·
#15 ·
so jealous.... can't wait. I got my jet-hot coated kooks in my trunk (I know that is not where they get installed)... waiting for weather to get better in the NE + daylight savings. It is getting there. nice work under the car. what did they hit you up for the install?

#20 ·
Good price for a header install. I've planned on doing mine all along but asked around anyway just to see what guys were getting....nothing less than 500 around here, minus fab work! :eek:

#21 ·
Hey JD, did you heat wrap any of the wires around the headers? Or just zip tie? Lot of talk of guys frying wires lately and I don't want to be too careful.

#22 ·
I gave the installer a heads up and he did use heat wrap...Not sure exactly what wires but it was on the driver side and they are very close to the headers. Too close actually.

#24 ·
So my cousin brought over his Pontiac GXP

#25 ·
SMOKESHOW! Good race.

#27 ·
I have to admit I was really impressed! The quality was impressive, nice touch screen nav, strong LS3 and no wheel hop. More like a minor chattor. Did some huge burnouts without a problem. Car pulled hard and felt tight.

#31 ·
Hmmm... I would have thought it would be dead even or the GXP on top. I guess it weights 200 lbs more.

Don't they post better quarter mile and 0-60 times? Either way, nice run. I bet your friend was shocked. Did he have passengers as you did?

#32 ·
Yep, passengers in both cars. Make no mistake the G8 is strong from a dig. Overall I'm not too suprised since my V is making more power. But my cousin was pissed to say the least.

#33 ·
Nice. He needs to get headers installed on that g8 with a quickness. :)

#35 ·
Agreed..I think they are nice looking cars but I still like the V better.

#36 ·
thanks for the info on a current install rate JD.. Gotta love the midwest.. I just got a quote for $650 for installing header and a cat back with no fab work and then +250 for a dyno tune... Screw that I'm getting dirrtty

#37 ·
I'd be getting dirty for that price too..f that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.