: Individual Master File.

lev
08-17-04, 09:48 PM
Who got one?
Does anyone know what it is?

I have read that there is actually no law that says you have to pay income tax. Exceptions: you sell alcohol, tobacco or firearms. If you don't government is enforcing a law that doesn't exist.

I am seriously suspecting that a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo needs to dealt with for that to happen.

Can anyone spill some light on this? Is this an urban legend? Is this real? how do you do that? What are the consequences? I want to know everything. Thank you.

illumina
08-17-04, 09:57 PM
Who got one?
Does anyone know what it is?

I have read that there is actually no law that says you have to pay income tax. Exceptions: you sell alcohol, tobacco or firearms. If you don't government is enforcing a law that doesn't exist.

I am seriously suspecting that a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo needs to dealt with for that to happen.

Can anyone spill some light on this? Is this an urban legend? Is this real? how do you do that? What are the consequences? I want to know everything. Thank you.

sorry, section 8, article 1 of the constitution says that congress has the right to impose taxes. infact, section 8 states a lot of what congress has rights to.

T_Dogg8
08-18-04, 08:48 AM
that would be an urban legend. i think it was on some show about myths.

Elvis
08-18-04, 10:07 AM
Thank you, Mr. Wilson.

http://www.tax-news.com/asp/story/story.asp?storyname=13554

lev
08-18-04, 10:41 PM
Does anyone know what Individual Master File is?

illumina
08-18-04, 11:04 PM
apparently it is a encoded computer file that the IRS keeps to audit and investigate any given taxpayer. in other words, uncle sam is watching people who have not filed a return for x years, and are wondering why.

Elvis
08-19-04, 04:43 PM
I get a Social Security statement every year in May. I wonder if that's related.