: NFL predictions? anyone?

illumina
08-17-04, 10:31 PM
i would be interested in knowing what everyones favorite team will do this upcoming season. so please, let us all know how you think your team will do. ill start...philly will win it all!!! seriously, they will go 12-4 yet again, but who knows during the post season. your turn folks. :cool:

davesdeville
08-17-04, 11:15 PM
Cheifs will go 12-4 too. As long as we beat the crap out of the Broncos I'll be happy.

illumina
08-17-04, 11:35 PM
depends on whether or not gunther cunningham can get that defence to play right. i think it was a very good idea to bring him back, his defences were in the top 10 for 3 of the 6 years during his stint as coordinator. the broncos however have made big moves in the talent dpartment as far as their defence is concerned. with the seconadary improvements, i would favor denver in that division, but im not sold on their offence this year. plummer will be fine, but who will run the ball? without alex gibbs, the o-line genius behind terrel davis, olandis gary and clinton portis, this will ba an un-proven unit. i agree, chiefs probably will take the division again, but not without a fight from the broncos. the raiders are another year or two from being anything more than marginal wild-card contenders, and san diego... :helpless:

BUILDINGCTSAMG
08-17-04, 11:53 PM
Redskins=superbowl champs...hopefully

illumina
08-18-04, 12:02 AM
Redskins=superbowl champs...hopefully
not if my eagles have anything to do with it :lildevil:

we will soon see if gibbs is ready to be in the game after a 12 year hiatus. so far, he seems to be stepping in just fine. he has gregg williams as d-coordinator, so things are looking up for them. i do hope they stomp the pizz out of the cowboys though. and remember they did lose a top o-lineman during a pre-season game against denver. that will make a huge difference as to the progression of clinton portis.

bbozsik
08-18-04, 12:22 AM
Here come my predictions. I know you've all been waiting.

The Patriots will top their division, and just about everyone in it. In fact, they will be Super Bowl bound....

Except...

The Steelers are going 16-0 this season. The Patriots will have 1 loss all season, and it will be to a recharged Maddox and Burress, a happy Bus, a teed off Duce, an exceptional Randel El and Ward, and a defense who has had the s"$* beat out of them all winter, spring, and summer.

Oh yes, this is the year.

RBraczyk
08-18-04, 12:27 AM
Patriots patriots patriots. Gonna go all the way like last year SMOKED philly in the preseason opener. Sry illumina

RBraczyk
08-18-04, 12:28 AM
I dunno but im not really impressed by the bus these past few years. Hopefully the bengals will come back too. Bengals are also a favorite team cause their so pathetic.

illumina
08-18-04, 12:38 AM
bengals will be better on paper, but may have a sub-par record compared to last season. carson palmer will have to overcome hurdles for this team to make the post season. the steelers may be the dark horse here because of the acquisition of staley. i think maddux will be improved this year too. i would pick the ravens, but jamal lewis is expected to go to trial when their schedule starts to get tough after november 1st. the brownies will be last in the afc north. the patriots got some help from miami with the loss of crybaby, uh, ricky williams, and the loss of david boston wont help much either. but history shows that the patriots will be a HUGE target like after their first championship. but this time, they will make the post season.

:helpless: the eagles will rule. they must, i cant handle anymore nfc championship losses. if they dont, im switching to the chargers as a favorite team.

slk230mb
08-18-04, 01:39 AM
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

illumina
08-18-04, 01:48 AM
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

jets will be better this year for sure, but not enough to de-throne the pats for the division crown. i like what pennington has to offer, and martin is always reliable. their defence is the question to me. im not sold on the lackluster performance from last year to make such a move up this year. but should be improved nonetheless. i can see a wild card berth for them, if they play their division hard.

slk230mb
08-18-04, 08:31 AM
I agree with what you have to say about the Jets, except that if Martin gets off to another one of his slow starts like the last 2 years the Jets wont get anywhere.

RBraczyk
08-18-04, 08:54 AM
The jets have nothing for quarterbacks.

T_Dogg8
08-18-04, 09:57 AM
the ravens baby!! with a defense like that you can have a sorry O and still win games. i think the steelers will surprise people, but only have maddox is yanked. he was a 'one-hit' wonder. the bengals and browns are going to be struggling this year.

the eagles aren't going anywhere this year. they have to go to pittsburgh and play a ticked off raven's team. those two games will be BRUTAL. and that doesn't count their division games.

Elvis
08-18-04, 10:51 AM
Super Bowl: Indianapolis 31, Dallas 21

Stoneage_Caddy
08-18-04, 11:43 AM
man , i looked at the schedual for tampa this year ......not gonna be good , looking like 5 losses, 1 win before the bye with victorys on the chargers and the saints

we got a very tough schedual esp considering we got alot of "new to tampa" players

I hope the colts do very very well (my second favorite team ) espiclly seeing on how dungy got cheated out of a superbowl ring , the only reason gruden is got it is becuase of dungys years of hard work

tru504187211
08-18-04, 11:54 AM
Is there any doubt that its Packers all the way??

T_Dogg8
08-18-04, 12:41 PM
Is there any doubt that its Packers all the way??
umm.....yeah :)

elvis, you really think dallas?? even with their problems so far and in a stronger division?

slk230mb
08-18-04, 07:00 PM
The jets have nothing for quarterbacks.

Just wait till Pennington leads the league in QB Rating and 3rd down coversions. :D

illumina
08-18-04, 07:17 PM
:wantsome?: eagles will destroy all! 16-0 + 3-0 playoff record = ouch!!! :D

ravens have a huge distraction during the season, unlike when ray lewis was charged with murder long before their super bowl season. this will play a HUGE factor as to whether or not they can compete in that division. like i said before about the bengals, they will be good, but not enough to match last seasons 8-8 record. they will be a better team, but 7-9 seems more right this year. i agree that the steelers will be the dark horse team in the afc north. and i would keep maddux as starter to let rothlisberger learn for a year. he is not suited for starting this year. they need to commit to the run however. if so, i see a 10 + win season. brownies are hopeless this year, i just dont see any o-line improvements, and the D is not too good after last yeat either. cowboys in the superbowl??? not likely IMO, they should not have cut carter. he may not have been mvp material, but he did lead the boys' to the playoffs. vinny has nothing great to offer anymore. however, factor in eddie george, and they will be decent. just not super bowl caliber yet. indy will be the top of the afc this year, but manning has got to pull it together for the big games. he did a fine job last post season until new england. if he can get over the big hurdle, they will play the eagles, though futile, in the super bowl.
eagles 27, colts 14 :D

illumina
08-18-04, 07:19 PM
Just wait till Pennington leads the league in QB Rating and 3rd down coversions. :D

i agree that pennington will have a decent season. and favre will be great again too. makenzie needs to grow the $#@& up and play out his existing contract for the packers to be on top. otherwise, without that secondary help he provides, the vikes will eat them alive.

Randy_W
08-19-04, 08:37 AM
I don't think the Eagles are as good as last year, I think this group missed thier shot. The only way the Cowgirls are going to the Superbowl is if they have tickets. Eagles should still win the division. ;)

T_Dogg8
08-19-04, 09:32 AM
i agree the ravens have a huge distraction, but jamal knew about all this last year when he ran over the rest of the league like they were raodkill. obviously this year will be more of a distraction, but he doesn't need to be as good as last year. boller is a completely different QB this year. the steelers will be the dark horse, but i don't think maddox has the stuff needed. so i'm thinking they'll be an 8-8 team. the bengals will be much worse than last year. they have to have an off year so carson can learn on the job. but i think he'll struggle. i say 6-10 is the best for them. don't forget they lost correy dillion. and we know the browns have nothing this year. so with the division so weak, i think the ravens will win again this year. and with a d like they have, you can't count them out of any playoff game.

the eagles on the other hand. i think they missed their chance. TO is going to be a distraction and kearse will be hurt before the first bye week. not to mention they have to come through the ravens :D so after that and their game agaisnt the steelers, the rest of their division will be waiting for the scrapes :)

Elvis
08-19-04, 05:47 PM
umm.....yeah :)

elvis, you really think dallas?? even with their problems so far and in a stronger division?

They just got rid of Problem #1.

Vinny is a "system" quarterback. Parcells is a "system" coach. Eddie George is a top-5 back, and they will be overall improved over last season.

But yeah, I'll admit Dallas is a longshot. The Colts are as safe a pick as any.

T_Dogg8
08-19-04, 05:48 PM
vinny was a system quarterback. i'm not sure he still has it in his body anymore.

Elvis
08-19-04, 05:49 PM
Flutie does, and he's older.

illumina
08-19-04, 07:09 PM
the reason i say eagles for the nfc, other than being my team :D, as that i see no real contenders in that whole conference. green bay could be an exeption. seattle and the rams are good, but the rams are a younger team now, and the seahawks do not have the experience to go deep just yet. however, the seahawks will win the nfc west. the rest of the nfc is just plain weak. the ravens probably should win the afc north crown, and may happen too. to my understanding, jamal lewis may still be able to play during the trial. im just not too sure of the detais though. pittsburgh is the second best team there on paper. i agree that the bengals will have a worse record, but i do feel that they will be a better team. particularly on defence. coach lewis is doing the right thing in starting palmer, but their record may not show it. if the bengals are in it late by chance, and palmer is struggleing, there is a chance that kitna will be put in to take over.

illumina
08-19-04, 07:10 PM
BTW t-dogg...the bengals may have an "off" year :hmm: that is a god one. :D

T_Dogg8
08-20-04, 09:12 AM
lol.....yeah....actually i think they're having an 'off-franchise' :) i agree coach lewis is going in the right direction. he's a great coach and is going to do a lot for them. they just have to get worse to get better right now. pittsburgh looks good on paper but it will all depend on maddox. he has great recievers and the fact that he had a poor year REALLY shows how much he struggled. i think i could be successful with burres, randel-el, and ward. lewis could play during the trial, but they're saying he won't. i think he will. especially if they're in a play-off hunt. i think he'll get off since they keep piling on little charges. it sounds to me like they have no case and they're trying to get whatever they can.

my only concern with the eagles are they are getting older. i don't follow them, but my friend does and he wasn't happy with some of the offseason moves and he felt the team wasn't any better than last year and maybe slightly worse. i think they rely on mcnabb to much. you're right they don't have any other contenders, but i think you'll have a team step-up, possibly from their division.

RBraczyk
08-20-04, 09:30 AM
Oh yea, guess who picked up correy dillon. New England, and who's playing them this coming sunday, bengals. SHould be good.

T_Dogg8
08-20-04, 09:43 AM
eagles and ravens tonight. mr. owens better not try to come across the middle tonight or he'll end up where mr. vick was after the ravens game last preseason.

illumina
08-21-04, 12:17 AM
eagles and ravens tonight. mr. owens better not try to come across the middle tonight or he'll end up where mr. vick was after the ravens game last preseason.

:banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo:

did any one see T.O. blow past the ravens with an 81 yard TD?

yeah, i know it's only pre-season, but i have rights here... :D

illumina
08-21-04, 11:44 PM
hmm...palmer looked pretty sharp to me.

T_Dogg8
08-23-04, 09:49 AM
:banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo:

did any one see T.O. blow past the ravens with an 81 yard TD?

yeah, i know it's only pre-season, but i have rights here... :D
let's wait until he goes up against mccalister. it really looked like not having their top corner affect the whole coverage.

illumina
08-23-04, 08:46 PM
let's wait until he goes up against mccalister. it really looked like not having their top corner affect the whole coverage.

it dependes on if the holdout will affect his performance or not. chances are, it wont affect him, but who knows. and also, how long will the holdout last?

T_Dogg8
08-24-04, 09:14 AM
he's suppose to be in camp this week. haven't heard if he reported yet though. i don't think it will affect him. the d is the same as last year so he doesn't need to learn new plays or anything and i'm sure he stayed in great shape over the off-season. most of those guys do anyway, and ray lewis would kick his ass if he didn't :)

GodduCaddy97
08-24-04, 01:51 PM
Wishful thinking:
Bears vs Patriots - Patriots win (continue the dynasty)

Reality:
Eagles vs Patriots - Like the ravens guy said defense wins games.
Belichick(how ever you spell his name is a magician!)

illumina
09-12-04, 09:43 PM
Well, after week 1:

eagles rock!
patriots took care of buisiness,
bengals lost, but palmer looked good,
seattle looked good,
st.louis won, but im unimpressed,
brownies won!!!!!?
detroit wins first road game after 24 road losses,
titans beat miami,
san diego actully looked decent in a win,
steelers put the beat down on the raiders,
jags win,
redskins looked good over tampa,
vikings beat the sh** out of dallas,
atlanta pull one off over the 49er's.

eagle rock!

Stoneage_Caddy
09-12-04, 09:47 PM
and tampa looks to be unable to find there way out of a paper bag on 3rd down ........i am one sad bucs fan right now

slk230mb
09-12-04, 09:51 PM
I agree with what you have to say about the Jets, except that if Martin gets off to another one of his slow starts like the last 2 years the Jets wont get anywhere.

Well I'd say that 29 attempts for 196 yards is a pretty damn good start. :D

illumina
09-12-04, 10:07 PM
how bout' them eagles? d-mac and t.o. did their thing. mcnabb: 4 td passes, t.o. caught 3 of them.

bbozsik
09-13-04, 02:36 AM
Eddie George is a top-5 back,

Being a huge Steelers fan and still smarting over that one playoff game 2 years ago... Eddie George bit the big one today. Averaged his usual under 3.0 yards per carry.

Usually I don't knock pro athletes, because even the ones that "suck" could still beat my arse.

Now I think I found my match!!! Look out George, there's a new fat-ass in Dallas, and he's got hair! bbozsik-#15