: Service Suspension System

Pedy1
03-06-10, 09:24 PM
I have a 1999 Seville STS. For some reason the messages "Service Suspension System" and "Speed limited to 90" comes up on the dashboard. What could be the problem? How can i reset this or fix it?

Submariner409
03-07-10, 04:21 PM
Read the entire sticky thread at the top of the main Northstar page titled "How to pull codes". Practice and read any codes from your car's built-in code reader/scanner/ memory system. Write them all down, noting whether each is Current or History. Return to the sticky and open the link with "obd2" in the URL. Click on the blue links in the Master Index box to get the meanings of any P,B,C, or U codes found. Post them all here.

You have some suspension control/mechanical problem which defaults the active suspension system to a set condition and speed limiter: safety default. You need to find out what has gone wrong in order to correct it. Simply clearing codes will not remove the fault.

kjasey
03-08-10, 08:13 PM
I just replaced a sensor rod on the right side control arm. I replaced rod because the bolt snapped. I snapped her back into place but the "check suspension system" still appears on start up. Do i have this rod in right? Heres the pic. http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f73ea634c2.jpg

Ranger
03-08-10, 09:54 PM
Looks right to me.

tateos
03-09-10, 08:13 PM
Do what Sub said - the code will tell you where to look

kjasey
03-09-10, 10:03 PM
I have RSS 1761 and abs 1283 Code. Meaning right sensor malfunction. I have two rods at my disposal and still have stability system check come on. Maybe the arm swing the other way with the rod. I may have to see how the left side is hooked up. Is there any easy way to check the connections which seems to lead up into the engine somewhere?