: 2009 Escalade Leaking from roof

lnstarr
03-06-10, 07:20 PM
So the other day, my uncle was telling my husband about his 07 Escalade leaking. Hahaha. It [was funny until I look at the top of my 09 ESV and found the same problem. It was so disgusting. It looks like water seeped in from the rear window (FAULTY SEAL?) and dried up leaving a moldy looking spot in the top of my car. Seriously, this has happened to me before in my old 550i. I plan on taking it in soon, but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.
What do you think they'll do to fix it? Like the top of my car is probably ruined. I don't know if you can get the spot out...hmmmm :mad:
HELLLPPPP!

itsrixter
03-07-10, 12:41 AM
Was your moonroof closed all the way?

tonygxp
03-07-10, 12:54 AM

had two new GM's leak. Both times was a stupid seal. Once from the OnStar antenna and the other was a door seal so yeah, i'm sure it'll be a seal..bring it in and MAKE sure they fix it. If they can't find it tell them to call in the experts at a water leak detection place.

lnstarr
03-07-10, 01:33 AM

Well, it was by the liftgate.
Like the rear window.
I had my husband check it out when it got home from work.
The seal was on solid.
But we're going to take it in to the Dealer sometime this week.
There is a watermark on the top of my car, do you know if they'll be able to remove it?

tonygxp
03-07-10, 04:40 PM
Well, it was by the liftgate.
Like the rear window.
I had my husband check it out when it got home from work.
The seal was on solid.
But we're going to take it in to the Dealer sometime this week.
There is a watermark on the top of my car, do you know if they'll be able to remove it?

I doubt it. Sorry. You may get lucky though. Let the pro's work their magic. But water spots staining interior is a tough one. You don't know how long its been there.. a day or two if it's cold out would still be damp but if it's dry? Tough stain.

TSS
03-07-10, 08:40 PM
I had a leak due to clogged up sunroof drain tubes. And, then, had water spots. I told my dealer not to touch the spots. I used Resolve Spot Magic (for carpet) on the headliner. I applied it with a clean white wash cloth. It was my new best friend at the time and I use it for all headliner cleaning needs now. YES, it will remove water stains from the headliner. Do it yourself, don't let the dealer make it worse!!! :alchi: