: Houston Coffee and Cars Event

Onalaska
03-06-10, 07:17 PM
Had a great turn out at Uptown Park this morning. Only saw one Cadillac CTS V there, but did not meet the driver. The Cadillac Allante group was there with 4 or 5 cars. I drove in from South Padre Island Friday night and my car was a mess, by the time I got there about 8:30 in the morning the lot was full so had to park across the street. My XLR was a mess anyway after a 1200 mile trip, plus the top is borken and can not be lowered plus I had a rock in the windshield driving back which left a chip right in my line of sight. Well maybe next month, but get there earlier 7:30AM or so.! Below is a link to some photos of the event.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=1&aid=154233&id=250042415686

Steven

deadringer
03-07-10, 12:05 PM
I got there about 10:30... and people had already started to leave... I also saw all the allentes...

Whats wrong with your top?

Onalaska
03-07-10, 12:17 PM
We left about 10:00 to get back home after being gone for a week. The business owners want everybody out of there by 10:30 so they can open. I'm going to try to be there again in April. I should have my new chromed wheels by then and the car will be clean and will get there early. If other Cadillac owners will be there let's try and coordinate so we can line them up. The Allante guys will not be back until May, they plan on being there every other month.

The top is leaking hydraulic fluid at the top latch actuator mounted above the headliner. The headliner is already saturated with fluid and will have to be replaced. Dealer will make his third attempt to fix it next week if he can find the parts. Got the rock chip fixed at Cliff's down on Westhiemer Saturday morning.

AG'S-V
03-09-10, 07:02 PM
The V you saw was probably mine...were you cruising the lot in a red XLR-V?

Onalaska
03-09-10, 10:52 PM
We were, we couldn't find any place to park so we finally wound up across the street. Will have to get there earlier next time.

AG'S-V
03-10-10, 01:56 PM
:) Yeah, you gotta get there about 7:45 to get a decent spot...I go pretty much every month with another car club I'm in.

They may change the venue soon since the businesses are starting to really bitch about it.

Onalaska
03-29-10, 09:00 AM
Anybody thinking about attending the meet this Saturday, April 3rd? Lots of good photos of the last event on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Houston-Coffee-and-Cars/250042415686?ref=sgm

deadringer
03-29-10, 01:42 PM
I can't make this coming weekend, but look forward to May...

You guys gonna to go to urban speed as well later on in the month?

Onalaska
04-02-10, 09:47 PM
AG's V are you planning on being there tomorrow? I am driving down and will try and get there by 7:30 this time.

AG'S-V
04-03-10, 11:20 PM
Nice to meet you sir!

Was a good turn out...

Onalaska
04-04-10, 09:25 AM
Another great show and great weather! Nice to meet other Cadillac owners. I also met a new CTS V owner who just bought his car last week. Here are some pictures, even got one shot of the XLR V. Time to get the clay bar and Zaino out.

http://picasaweb.google.com/TheAutomotiveAficionado/CarsAndCoffeeApril2010#