: Anyone want studs with their head gasket job in illinois

edb150
03-06-10, 01:01 AM
I have done quite a few head gasket jobs using norms inserts but really want to do one using Jakes stud kit.So far my customers have not wanted to spend the extra cash. My repair busines is in Illinois and i am willing to discount my normal price just to get a chance to use the studs. I am currently searching for a car for myself to do this to but I prefer an Eldo and of course I prefer it be black on black so my search is a tough one. anyone interested or know someone who is? shop # is 847 776 1234 joe

whos your caddy
03-06-10, 08:11 AM
roughly how many N* head gaskets have you done and have any failed for any reason i might be interested i am waiting to hear from a couple of people before i make my decision maybe you could post a detailed list of the things you replace with the hg job

thanks
jason

97EldoCoupe
03-06-10, 08:14 AM
Edb150 please send me an email info@northstarperformance.com

97EldoCoupe
03-06-10, 08:28 AM
$349 for a set of studs, nuts, and washers. $325 if you're an INNRS member. $300 per set if you order 5 sets at a time. No head bolts needed with these so you save some money there.

I only offer to sell just the studs nuts and washers to people who have bought the full kit from us once. The reason? These have to go in straight. It can't be free-handed.

I guarantee the studs will clamp those heads to the block and money back if it fails.

Inserts might be A bit cheaper but they just aren't the same.

stoveguyy
03-08-10, 04:13 PM
ARP studs can be used with timeserts since they are the same diameter as stock bolts? but these studs are different in that the entire depth of the block bolt hole is threaded to a different diameter/pitch?

ThumperPup
03-31-10, 09:31 PM
IM heading up to jake on the 10th there is a posability that ill get stopped at borader and that is soemthign that scares the shit out of me
if i cant cross over im up for taking a drive to IL for you to use jakes studs on mine but would alos like to know how many HG's jobs on the N's you have doen and how many have bene a sucess and all that thanks

eyekandyboats.inc
04-01-10, 06:05 PM
WITH INSERTS? then why even buy ARP studs?! LMFAO thats redundant.....

ARP studs can be used with timeserts since they are the same diameter as stock bolts? but these studs are different in that the entire depth of the block bolt hole is threaded to a different diameter/pitch?

why are you scared at getting stopped at the border? do you have illegal stuff on your?.. if not then whats the big deal?..

97EldoCoupe
04-01-10, 08:09 PM
Border guards can be quite rude to people but most of my customers have had pretty decent luck meeting the good guys. the US side (going into Michigan is the worst- but if you're a US citizen you won't have a big issue on the US side)

My advice - if you have big shiny rims on your Caddy, throw the stock ones on for coming to Canada. Don't stand out. Another piece of advice - cross at Port Huron/Sarnia rather than Detroit/Windsor. I've heard they treat people better.

Canada is pretty decent to US citizens because we don't mind having US dollars coming into the country. They can be jerks, but that goes without saying.

Keep your trunk/car relatively empty, don't wear sunglasses, look them straight in the eye when you're telling them what you're coming into Canada for. Have all documentation for your car (registration/insurance) and be honest if you have alcohol or tobacco with you. Have a print-out of my website page and address ready when you tell them you're coming to have your car fixed. They will likely ask you why (according to what my customers have told me) you would come to Canada for auto repairs- tell them the shop has a good reputation and reasonable prices and you can't find that where you live (even if you can, it just sounds good for them).

That's the best advice I can give.

97EldoCoupe
04-01-10, 08:12 PM
The worst they can do is send you back to the USA. And if Canada ever does that, then Canada doesn't deserve your money. People have to be reasonable and decent- the consequences of being anything less is destructive to a country's economy.

Notice I'm not Pro-Canada? Or Pro-USA? I was born in Canada but the way they're treating people here they'll be lucky if I stay and pay tax here. I'm proud of a lot of things Canada has done for people but I'm not proud of it all. Some things are humiliating and unreasonable- even to its own citizens. As far as I'm concerned, we stand together. I'm on the fence wondering "on which side is the grass greener?"

ThumperPup
04-01-10, 09:20 PM
I have the factory rims but when i think about it im not sure the tires on there are any good i just realize i think the reason i had the 20s put on during the time it was still snowing a bit was because they wanted 140 for a new tire to match the 3 good ones i had
and i decided to put the 20s on since i was gona have to by 2 new tires anyways why spend money twice ifigured
now im gona be in trouble if i cant get in there with the 20s on shoot i justy realized that
i know you said you had trouble with yoru rims Jake but do yout think it was because it was a black cady with black tinted windows and rims or do you think it was jsut the rims the made you stick out ?

also if i cant get over do you know anyone near me in the MI or Ohio area that use your studs or anyone that you could send me to that is with in driving distance like say 4 or 5 hours away from iethere Cleveland Ohio ro Lansing Mi

and you sayd don't cross at the detorit windsor crossing right

im gona give you a call cause i got something els i wana ask you tomorrow
thanks

ThumperPup
04-01-10, 09:25 PM
jake i think what your saying is to go this way right ?

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Lansing&1s=MI&1y=US&1l=42.732498&1g=-84.555603&1v=CITY&2c=Langton&2s=ON&2a=2491+W+Quarter+Line+Road&2z=N0E&2y=CA&2l=42.736388&2g=-80.633866&2v=ADDRESS

ThumperPup
04-01-10, 09:28 PM
WITH INSERTS? then why even buy ARP studs?! LMFAO thats redundant.....

why are you scared at getting stopped at the border? do you have illegal stuff on your?.. if not then whats the big deal?..

I have crossed the boarder 8 times going into canada from the USA and out of those 8 i have atmped to cross a totale of 11 and have only goten threw 8 times
once they told me because of a criminial record a charge i had for carrying a knife wich was 2 inchs over the leagle limit for Ohio back when i was 17
and the other 2 1 was because i had a fake idea and i was charged with that when i was 16 and the last time was because i had a chinese visa on my passport and i had 2 many eastern eerupoian and isralie stamps in my Passport so the plain out told me they think im a terorist and dont wana let me in
so 3 times i have had things happen and 8 times i have goten in but those 3 times where not in a row all the times i tried to cross was when i crossed threw NY buffalo area

so im just hoping they dont give me a trouble this time