: GT5 update.. they did WHAT?

itschrome
03-05-10, 10:25 PM
So its been 5yrs since the last Grand turismo and something like 100 delayed launches of GT5. Maybe its gonna be worth the wait. With the recent addition of NASCAR GT5 stands to offer the most comprehensive racing simulation yet on the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFkIomWVABs

Now i will be the first to cast stones upon NASCAR how ever with the addition of NASCAR this game really raises the stakes.

EAT YOUR FACE FORZA!!*

*well when ever and if ever this game ever actually debuts..

Stingroo
03-05-10, 10:57 PM
NASCAR in GT5 is old news. That's interesting footage though.

I'm pretty unhappy with this, because this took away our 2010 game, and now I don't know about NASCAR content for the 360, which is not cool.

itschrome
03-05-10, 11:01 PM
NASCAR in GT5 is old news.

:suspense:

well...I... :alchi:

either way the game will rock!

V-Eight
03-06-10, 04:42 AM
Meh, Nascar sucks.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-06-10, 08:49 AM
Not anymore. Now they're "going back to their roots." Drivers can actually take someone out again.

Stingroo
03-06-10, 10:11 AM
NASCAR is definitely improving from what it's been for the last "Oh no, we lost Dale Sr. so lets slow everybody down and bunch them up so tightly nobody can race but we can all drive fast" decade.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-06-10, 10:26 AM
GT5 is actually a pretty strong reason for me to buy a PS3 to sit next to my 360.

If I had any money...

Stingroo
03-06-10, 10:31 AM
Eh. Not for me. But if I don't get a NASCAR '11 game, it might be a strong reason for me to can my 360 and replace it.

And dear god get the franchise out of EA Sports's hands. Their servers are absolute SHIT. Oh, new Madden comes out so we have to can servers for 30% of last-year's games when their replacements haven't come yet, because, you know, we're cool like that.

**** that and **** them.

[/rant]

Kick94sts
03-06-10, 01:21 PM
Just what we need, another Dale Jr. fan....lol

I love watching nascar, but I don't think I could play it on a video game. I love Forza and Project Gotham Racing 4 , both of which I got for free....lol

gary88
03-06-10, 01:40 PM
I don't see what the big difference is between this and just having normal circuit tracks in the game :noidea:

Now if you'll excuse me I have some Forza 3 to attend to :thumbsup:

The Tony Show
03-06-10, 01:59 PM
Oh look- more different types of cars that will feel like 10,000lb blocks of lead when driven in Gran Turismo's horribly outdated and unrealistic physics engine.

Yay.

Stingroo
03-06-10, 02:22 PM
Just what we need, another Dale Jr. fan....lol

Not I, sir. Far from it. :)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-06-10, 03:48 PM
If you say Gordon I'm gonna have to drive down there and slap some sense into you. :D

Stingroo
03-06-10, 04:00 PM
I guess we're going to have a Florida meet after all, then. :)

thebigjimsho
03-07-10, 01:24 AM
Dale Jr fan here. Just like I was for his old man. And Cale Yarborough before him...

Stingroo
03-07-10, 02:09 AM
But are you a Jr. fan BECAUSE of his father?

If so: bleh.

Kick94sts
03-07-10, 02:56 AM
I don't hate junior for who he is, I don't like him for his followers....if that makes any sense...

Stingroo
03-07-10, 03:23 AM
That's me. As a person, he's actually nice, I've met him. But his drones piss me off.

thebigjimsho
03-07-10, 03:27 PM
But are you a Jr. fan BECAUSE of his father?

If so: bleh.
Don't even try to assume. No, I'm not. When Sr. died, I didn't have much of a #2 to root for. Jr had just come up into Winston Cup. And I develop a liking to someone, not just pick them out of a hat.

I tried to root for Harvick since he replaced Sr and that worked for awhile. Actually, Harvick winning the 3rd race he was in as Dale's replacement was pretty incredible. And emotional. Actually, Steve Park winning the 1st race after Daytona and Jr winning the next race at Daytona were both pretty incredible and emotional.

It took me a couple of years to really start rooting for Jr with no one else in Winston Cup really doing it for me. And it will be that way even if he never wins another race.

But I will say I really like Marcos Ambrose. So hopefully he sticks around awhile...

Stingroo
03-07-10, 04:09 PM
Not assuming, just asking. I commend you, you actually know what you're talking about. :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
03-07-10, 04:35 PM
Not assuming, just asking. I commend you, you actually know what you're talking about. :thumbsup:
I know there is a lot of hate and disdain for NASCAR, whether it's people who don't like cars and don't like racing or people who look down at it as a southern hick thing.

I've lived in the Boston area almost all my life and I watched the Daytona 500 in 1979 with my father. So I've been watching NASCAR as long as it's been on TV. I have the Atlanta race recording right now. There are races that do bore me, I'll admit, but places like Daytona, Darlington, Martinsville and Dover always get me excited...

Stingroo
03-07-10, 05:05 PM
I've been a NASCAR fan since '94. Jeff Gordon stopped at the local Chevy dealership with a car and I met him, and got his autograph and I watched, the next race was the Brickyard 400, which he won, and I was hooked.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-07-10, 05:08 PM
I only watch the long track races. Not a fan of short track. Jim, wait till you see this race, it was eventful to say the least.

Stingroo
03-07-10, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I'm on the edge of my seat for this finish dammit!

thebigjimsho
03-07-10, 09:07 PM
Interesting so far. Except for Jr and Hendrick having those damn tire issues...