: WHY the F are these always in Miami?

hueterm
03-05-10, 03:08 PM
The wheel covers are sad, but OMG:::

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROADMASTER-48KMI-ULTRA-LOW-MILES-RARE-TO-FIND-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ280474144716QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ US_Cars_Trucks?hash=item414d8fcfcc

Stingroo
03-05-10, 03:13 PM
Hey, I know where that place is. :) I lived like right around the corner.

That's a really sharp car too. Road trip? :D

V-Eight
03-05-10, 03:32 PM
Because there's lots of old people?

itschrome
03-05-10, 03:32 PM
Its where old people go to die, and they take their old cars with them...

hueterm
03-05-10, 04:04 PM
I do know that -- it was more rhetorical, as it's a 3 day drive for me to bring it back.............................................. ....

I just wish it was in Dallas or something....

Stingroo
03-05-10, 04:14 PM
We could totally make a meet around it. :p

Worth it man, worth it.

There's a low mileage RMW near me up here too. It's really nice. I just happened upon it whilst browsing CL the other day (I have a bad habit of doing that).

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/1618139891.html

They're here, that's for sure. :thumbsup:

Ranger
03-05-10, 04:31 PM
That seems a little high for a '95 even with the low miles, but I didn't look it up. Just what I'm looking for to replace my wife's '96 Bonneville with 165K. I have a line on a white '03 Le Sabre with 30K if they'd ever get off their asses and decide to let it go.

Stingroo
03-05-10, 04:47 PM
B-body cars in South FL tend to hold value because of the whole donk "culture". (I use the term really, really loosely).

hueterm
03-05-10, 05:09 PM
Yeah Ranger, they look to be about a grand high. If it was 40K, then I'd say they were on. Awesome color combo though...if it was mint, it'd be worth it. Would need new wheels/tires, though...

If I weren't so swamped, I'd consider it 'Roo. It would cost me probably $1500 to either go get it, or have it inspected/shipped -- so that makes it even pricier...

Ranger
03-05-10, 08:47 PM
I guess a grand high is about right for "asking price" knowing they will have to come down a grand. Never know when some dolt will walk in and pay asking price.

Submariner409
03-05-10, 08:53 PM
................there's an ass for every seat.

Aron9000
03-06-10, 12:54 AM
If they're going to have the gall to ask that much, it better have a brand new set of tires and a perfect set of factory wheels/hubcaps. The front tires are a totally different brand than the rear, and one ugly hubcap is a different design.

Other than that, its pretty damn nice. That interior looks like nobody has ever farted in it:bonkers:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-06-10, 07:16 AM
That's not a Limited, which is nice because the "base" Roadmasters have better, deeper, seats than the Limiteds did.

Sandy
03-07-10, 05:47 PM
"" Its where old people go to die, and they take their old cars with them... ""

You are so comforting... Look, I am 63, and have been battling colon cancer for 2 years & 2 months.
When admitted to the hospital - I had about 4 to 6 months to live. I am now 98.5 percent CLEAN, the cancer doctor's
word for no cancer cells. Yes, I am still battling the last 1.5 percent, probably for some time.
I have a thick head-of-hair (Dark Brown) and a trim body at 222 pounds & 5 foot 11 inches.
I am active, go out everyday, and am not senile. I walk the mauls (Oops, sorry, Malls) in the winter, for exercise
and e'one who knows me - tells me that I look terrific. For endurring 1,800 hours of Chemo infusions, and being chemo-sick
as I call it, for 10 daze (Oops, days) a month - I still look as I did when I was 35 ! Not 1 Facial wrinkle,
no fallon facial features and no big fat belly. No grey hair, either.
I own & drive a Cadillac Sixty Special and a Lincoln Town Car Limited Editon. Those are THE only
"Old" things about me.
I suspect all that chemo is gonna hit the wall like you know what....and suddenly I will look & feel "old"
~ but right now, at 63 - I am not "old" ~ which is really only a state of mind.
When and if I hit age 70 - I will purchase a new Corvette convertible, and go down to Englishtown (New Jersey)
and watch the Drag Races. I am never ever going to Miami Florida to sit and play cards.

ben.gators
03-07-10, 05:51 PM

You are so comforting... Look, I am 63, and have been battling colon cancer for 2 years & 2 months.
When admitted to the hospital - I had about 4 to 6 months to live. I am now 98.5 percent CLEAN, the cancer doctor's
word for no cancer cells. Yes, I am still battling the last 1.5 percent, probably for some time.
I have a thick head-of-hair (Dark Brown) and a trim body at 222 pounds & 5 foot 11 inches.
I am active, go out everyday, and am not senile. I walk the mauls (Oops, sorry, Malls) in the winter, for exercise
and e'one who knows me - tells me that I look terrific. For endurring 1,800 hours of Chemo infusions, and being chemo-sick
as I call it, for 10 daze (Oops, days) a month - I still look as I did when I was 35 ! Not 1 Facial wrinkle,
I own & drive a Cadillac Sixty Special and a Lincoln Town Car Limited Editon. Those are THE only
"Old" things about me.
I suspect all that chemo is gonna hit the wall like you know what....and suddenly I will look & feel "old"
When and if I hit age 70 - I will purchase a new Corvette convertible, and go down to Englishtown (New Jersey)
and watch the Drag Races. I am never ever going to Miami Florida to sit and play cards.

Awesome response!
:highfive: :cheers:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-07-10, 06:13 PM

"Old" things about me.

I had no idea you had cancer (for so long). Best wishes for a quick (and long overdue) recovery Sandy.

Stingroo
03-07-10, 06:48 PM

"Old" things about me.

I admire you, honestly. My father's battling cancer too, and he's only 43. He was diagnosed in 2006. It's been quite the roller coaster in our lives too. There will be days when he feels perfectly fine, and then just like you say, chemo sickness. Those are the worst. It's weird to look in our photo albums and see times where he was completely bald. Now, post-chemo his hair has grown back even thicker than it was before. I like your idea, buy a 'Vette and have a good ol' time. More power to you, Sandy. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-07-10, 06:51 PM
When I worked at that Chevy dealer, we had a customer who had lukemia who had a C6 Z06.

hueterm
03-07-10, 08:00 PM
That's not a Limited, which is nice because the "base" Roadmasters have better, deeper, seats than the Limiteds did.

I've never sat in Limited seats, but the base seats (like my old ones) were hands down the best I've ever sat it for highway road trips...

hueterm
03-07-10, 08:01 PM
Oh...and now the guy has put a "Make Offer" option up...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-07-10, 08:17 PM
I've never sat in Limited seats, but the base seats (like my old ones) were hands down the best I've ever sat it for highway road trips...

Mine was a Limited, and it's seats were firmer and flatter than the base Roadmaster's.