: Anyone with a 2010 try this........

hcvone
03-05-10, 12:22 PM
My new truck with NO lock picks of any kind, watched it come off the truck, if you go into Nav config and press the bar that says something like "use while driving" (of course I have done this on my 07's, 08' and 09' and nothing) and it allows me to program Nav while driving and every other funtion that used to require me pulling over and putting the truck in park to do. I have to say that the fit and finish is MUCH better than any of my other 6 Escalade's, the bluetooth seems even better than my 09', the USB iPod/iPhone interface works better than I hoped, and even the black ice paint shows less orange peel than any Escalade I have owned so far. The new engine shows as much or more power than any of the trucks I have owned, and it was not far behind my 09' with long tubes, catback, intake and LS1 Edit tuning in the run on the way home, 431 miles, the 09' fuel average was 18.8 and the 2010 was 20.2, the 2010 seems to roll/coast much better than any of my other Escalade's, with work and 93 octane in place of the dealers 87 octane, the 2010 should get 22 on the highway. Thanks for reading, will be off the net for a while, going on a thousand mile snowmobile trip. :)

Alien
03-05-10, 12:55 PM
I'm still getting use to the gas pedal.... more power than I expected. I was use to a 5.3 L Avalanche...

dsteinmann
03-05-10, 03:40 PM
Carl, Are you going to investage the USB Hookup for us other guys:bouncy:

hcvone
03-05-10, 04:11 PM
Not sure if you have to join this forum or not, but the GM truck boys are working on the USB thing, follow this thread for more info

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107157

Big Windy Ext
03-05-10, 05:30 PM
Wheres the snow , nothing but dirt in the midwest . Good to hear from you by the way .

hcvone
03-05-10, 05:36 PM
Wheres the snow , nothing but dirt in the midwest . Good to hear from you by the way .

Hi Big, heading thru Canada and up toward Hudson Bay, never been that far north. :)

DATDAMNGOOD
03-06-10, 12:58 AM
My new truck with NO lock picks of any kind, watched it come off the truck, if you go into Nav config and press the bar that says something like "use while driving" (of course I have done this on my 07's, 08' and 09' and nothing) and it allows me to program Nav while driving and every other funtion that used to require me pulling over and putting the truck in park to do. I have to say that the fit and finish is MUCH better than any of my other 6 Escalade's, the bluetooth seems even better than my 09', the USB iPod/iPhone interface works better than I hoped, and even the black ice paint shows less orange peel than any Escalade I have owned so far. The new engine shows as much or more power than any of the trucks I have owned, and it was not far behind my 09' with long tubes, catback, intake and LS1 Edit tuning in the run on the way home, 431 miles, the 09' fuel average was 18.8 and the 2010 was 20.2, the 2010 seems to roll/coast much better than any of my other Escalade's, with work and 93 octane in place of the dealers 87 octane, the 2010 should get 22 on the highway. Thanks for reading, will be off the net for a while, going on a thousand mile snowmobile trip. :)

is this true? i'm thinking of getting a 2010 and this might make me jump a little quicker.

hcvone
03-06-10, 07:04 AM
It is true on my truck for sure, and to answer another question the DVD does NOT work while driving, it cuts out when you go from park to drive like it always has, as I said all my other trucks do NOT let you program the Nav while driving, this one is the winner. :)

SouthernCaddy
03-06-10, 07:48 AM
Carl, as for the Ipod, autozone sales this little thing that cost 19.95. It plugs into the 12v outlet and has a led screen on it. You set it to a radio station like 88.1 FM that is not use in your location and it has a cable that plugs into the ipod. Set you radio on that satation and you have ipod interface with any other troubles.It takes 3 secounds to do this. Works in any car or truck. What else could you ask for? No other things are needed to use a ipod.

Just wanted to bring this up incase some owners dont know about it.

kars79
03-06-10, 02:16 PM
Welcome back Carl.
Always happy to see you.

tonygxp
03-07-10, 12:00 AM
I hope you're right. My '09 Tahoe LTZ made you stop to enter a destination (not pick from a list, but an actual street address) haven't tried it in my '10 Yukon Denali?? I just ASSumed it was the same? Getting my windows tinted in the AM so i will try this and report back.

corvette00
03-07-10, 11:33 AM
Does that I-Pod interface work with XM MY-FI ? My Corvette does not has a cassette and I am looking for a better way to connect

tonygxp
03-07-10, 03:36 PM
I hope you're right. My '09 Tahoe LTZ made you stop to enter a destination (not pick from a list, but an actual street address) haven't tried it in my '10 Yukon Denali?? I just ASSumed it was the same? Getting my windows tinted in the AM so i will try this and report back.

It doesn't work any differently on my '10 denali as opposed to my '09 LTZ.. So I don't know what you've experienced but you can only pull up POI's and narrow it down to "nearest" with directional arrow and distance. BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO STOP TO ENTER AN ADDRESS.

hcvone
03-07-10, 05:17 PM
It doesn't work any differently on my '10 denali as opposed to my '09 LTZ.. So I don't know what you've experienced but you can only pull up POI's and narrow it down to "nearest" with directional arrow and distance. BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO STOP TO ENTER AN ADDRESS.

Not on my 2010 Escalade, I have had (3) 2007, I have a 2008, 2009 and just got a 2010 that I traded my last 07' for, as I said my 07's, 08' and 09' DO NOT ALLOW ME TO PROGRAM IN DRIVE, my 2010 does

tonygxp
03-07-10, 09:27 PM
walk me through the steps so i can replicate what you did please. I would love for this to be true. But the onyl thing i see is limit use while driving. when you eliminate it you can utilize amny more functions but not Address Entry... looking up street etc.

tonygxp
03-08-10, 07:22 PM
hcvone. I contacted Gold Coast Cadillac today and spoke with both sales and service. Both stated the 2010 Escalade does not allow entering addresses while in motion, even the 8.3 disc. More things have been free'd up but not this. So count your blessings you're not in the majority.. maybe some other guys can try this and report back?

evil0ne
03-08-10, 07:42 PM
the bluetooth seems even better than my 09', the USB iPod/iPhone interface works better than I hoped,

Look above your head, there are now two round circles on the 2010's. Any idea if that might help your bluetooth?

kars79
03-08-10, 07:54 PM
As far as i know those round things are heat sensors !!

evil0ne
03-09-10, 08:34 AM
As far as i know those round things are heat sensors !!

That's what I thought, but the 2010's definitely have two there now where as 09 and under only had one.

Alien
03-10-10, 11:55 AM
Just tried the nav in my 2010 today. Engine running in drive but like at a stop sign, everything works. Moving..., address entry grays out... Address book comes up, but only like the last page list items can be selected, can't scroll the lists. Fast select destination buttons at bottom of display can be selected... So mine will not work in motion as a full nav system. Mine was an early built, I got it on Dec 22, 2010.

hcvone
03-16-10, 09:31 AM
Hi guys, just back from Canada, could not get on this forum in Canada because of all the pop ups, Two other 2010 owners e-mailed me that their Nav works like mine does while moving, one person is in Ohio, but has not e-mailed me back yet, the other lives in PA in the Pocono area, I am meeting with him (wants Zaino) next week and will check out his truck. My dealership salesmen and service manager have confirmed that my truck at 60 mph has full funtion of the Nav, as my 08' and 09' does not.

tonygxp
03-16-10, 08:27 PM
Hi guys, just back from Canada, could not get on this forum in Canada because of all the pop ups, Two other 2010 owners e-mailed me that their Nav works like mine does while moving, one person is in Ohio, but has not e-mailed me back yet, the other lives in PA in the Pocono area, I am meeting with him (wants Zaino) next week and will check out his truck. My dealership salesmen and service manager have confirmed that my truck at 60 mph has full funtion of the Nav, as my 08' and 09' does not.

If i were you i would leave it be then. You get a service manager that's a worry wart and you will end up with one like the rest of us. It's not supposed to be fully functional on the move. I checked with Gold Coast Cadillac, where i bought my SRX in 07. both the sales manager and service manager said even the new disk does not allow address entry while on the move, only the limited previous addresses and POI list. You got lucky, or your Nav has a lockpik from the factory lol

hcvone
03-17-10, 07:21 AM
If i were you i would leave it be then. You get a service manager that's a worry wart and you will end up with one like the rest of us. It's not supposed to be fully functional on the move. I checked with Gold Coast Cadillac, where i bought my SRX in 07. both the sales manager and service manager said even the new disk does not allow address entry while on the move, only the limited previous addresses and POI list. You got lucky, or your Nav has a lockpik from the factory lol

Don't have to worry about that,my dealership takes care of me, I guess the near 40 cars/trucks I have purchased from them means something. :)