: People really don't know anything about these cars, do they?

Umrswimr
03-05-10, 10:10 AM
I was headed to a customer meeting yesterday with my boss and three co-workers. We ended up taking my car.

After the meeting, one of the account managers drove off in a BMW 540. My boss was all :worship: and said "I think he would kick your car's a$$..."

Seriously? :suspect:

"Really. It's like a 4 liter V8. They're fast!"

I just looked at him and said- "Wanna find out?" :)

DiamondWhtV
03-05-10, 10:21 AM
Yep...know what you mean....I have several co-workers that tell me how nice my car looks and that they see them all time around town...lol they have no friggin idea. So far I haven't even seen one in my area. Although we have four or five members here that are near me. Most people are clueless to the difference between the V and the regular CTS.

Ketzer
03-05-10, 10:41 AM
Clue-less-ness can be a good thing!

JFJr
03-05-10, 12:01 PM
Low profile is good. I've even encountered people that didn't know you could buy a manual transmission Cadillac.

gnxs
03-05-10, 12:05 PM
Agreed. I like that I fly under the radar with lots of folks. :thumbsup:

dvandentop
03-05-10, 12:12 PM
take off the cts badge to confuse them even more :lol:

neuronbob
03-05-10, 12:15 PM

I agree, it avoids a lot of LEO attention and racer attention on the road.

However, people do notice when given the chance. When I first bought my car a year ago, I parked it outside the house daily in deference to the wife's stated preference for a garage spot. After the third person walked up my driveway within a month to personally tell me how great it was that I had a V, I had to have a heart-to-heart discussion with the wife about our garage situation. Not wanting my new attention-magnet (to the neighborhood, anyway) V to be stolen, she gave up her garage spot.

Of course, as a result, I get lots of comments from her about when I'm going to sell my garage queen Honda S2000 (I'm not), or if I'm going to add an extra lane to the driveway so I can park said S2000 outside under a cover (whut, spend more money? :) ).

Z06ified
03-05-10, 12:43 PM
LOL - don't you hate ignorance?

This reminds me of a 540i I came across last year in my '02 Z06. Talk about a sleeper: this 540 looked bone stock from the outside, but clearly wasn't anywhere near stock, as we raced to 65 - 155, and from 65-110, he was right on my ass, and I was walking him very slowly - too slowly. :o By 155 I had about 3 car lengths on him, but obviously he should have been a mere spec in my rearview by then if he was stock. After the race was over, I let him pass me to get a closer look at his car, and sure enough it looked like a bone stock 540. I thought something was wrong with my car for a moment, the car was so stock looking. Did a quick test, going sideways in 3rd - car's fine ;) . Maybe the guy was running a 200 shot, or had some other stealthy mod, but whatever it was, it sure as hell wasn't stock!

cbloveday
03-05-10, 01:08 PM
People who are car guys know exactly what "V" is. However, yesterday some jack *** in a maseratti turismo pulled along side me. You know when your being sized up right? So he kept inching up and up and when the car in front of him allowed just enough room, he floors and moves right into my lane. I slowed down as I did not want rock chips nor did I want to waste my race fuel on him. To make matters worse we were in a 45 mile an hour speed zone with alot of traffic.

I let him go and just smiled. I knew I could have sucked his car up my CAI and shot him out my exhaust, if I wanted to.

Titaniumseeker
03-05-10, 01:21 PM
A 540i, depending on the DINAN upgrades, can equal or even exceed stock M5 stats. My guess is that you met up with a DINAN 5 who elected to keep the stock badging to run stealth.

Gotham CTS-V
03-05-10, 01:37 PM
A construction worker who is always outside of my job has been eyeing my car. He finally said "yo that caddy looks nice but you think it would beat my ride?" He has a Sabb Turbo with an exhaust LOL. I told him my caddy is "pretty fast" and he said "yeah yeah sure"

The other day I am driving and see him looking at me. I turn off TC, downshift into 1st and let 'er rip. Supercharger whine echoing through the streets, I disappear in a cloud of smoke. Next day he was basically bowing at my feet and asking a million questions lol.

It's funny how people are completely clueless. I've even had challenges from people in stock Mustang GT's and such. Lot's of Mercedes and BMW's are always on my case about racing though, usually the German car drivers feel they have more to prove.

RemoWilliams
03-05-10, 01:58 PM
I had a C63 AMG Merc pull up next to me the other day at a red light. It was close only went up to 70 mph and I was about a 1/2 car length ahead. We stopped and the next light. He said he had exhaust, intake, and tune. He could not believe that my car was bone stock.

Caroutisine
03-05-10, 02:01 PM
A lot of folks don't know what the CTS-V is, but then again I've seen MANY slow down when passing my parked V to get a better look. Car lovers know what it is, just that to most people cars are little more than basic transportation :)

The V is an absolute sleeper in it's stock form.

Z06ified
03-05-10, 03:08 PM
A 540i, depending on the DINAN upgrades, can equal or even exceed stock M5 stats. My guess is that you met up with a DINAN 5 who elected to keep the stock badging to run stealth.

Interesting - thanks. Yeah, that would explain it. :cool2:

cbloveday
03-05-10, 03:30 PM
A construction worker who is always outside of my job has been eyeing my car. He finally said "yo that caddy looks nice but you think it would beat my ride?" He has a Sabb Turbo with an exhaust LOL. I told him my caddy is "pretty fast" and he said "yeah yeah sure"

The other day I am driving and see him looking at me. I turn off TC, downshift into 1st and let 'er rip. Supercharger whine echoing through the streets, I disappear in a cloud of smoke. Next day he was basically bowing at my feet and asking a million questions lol.

It's funny how people are completely clueless. I've even had challenges from people in stock Mustang GT's and such. Lot's of Mercedes and BMW's are always on my case about racing though, usually the German car drivers feel they have more to prove.

True.

I have found that challengers come in 2 distinct types:

1.) Those that think they can beat you
2.) Those that know they can't but wanna hear and see the V accelerate.

Karch
03-05-10, 03:31 PM
I find it to be one of the best parts of the car, as unless you're a car guy, you have no idea.
I don't have one yet, but I drive a Trailblazer SS (only a few mods). I took out a lead engineer at TRD, who drives a 9 second Nova. We're talking over lunch and my Trailblazer came up. He said, that's got the straight 6, right?

I paused, and politely mentioned it's basically a Corvette LS2 (a few differences from the Corvette version, but stock is 390hp). He was surprised, and we laughed a bit on the way back while showing him a bit.

No where near the level of the CTS-v, but the story is a bit similar.

Caddyscat
03-05-10, 03:52 PM
I seriously fail to see why people love BMW so much. In my neighborhood, every other house has one, is seems as though they were giving them away. I have seen many M5's. I have seen only one V2 in all of 8 months. Sheep, I swear. The value of our cars is unbelieveable compared to the german rivals. I have had a few thumbs up on the freeway, even had a kid recording me with his cell phone. Sitting at a stop sign behind a string of cars in a rural area, there's a little general store. A couple of boys pointed at me, one of em ran in the store and came out with his dad, he then gave me the thumbs up so I turned off traction control and gave him a small show. Nice when gearheads show appreciation, it's definately a different feeling.

demorgan59
03-05-10, 04:37 PM
I live in the western suburbs of Chicago and most people are clueless. Yet when I drove to a football game at the U of I last fall, I got a lot of knowing looks and comments like "Dang look at that new Caddy!" Probably a good thing for Cadillac and GM that young people recognize it and think it's cool. A free suggestion to GM advertising: use the word "Caddy" in your ads and make it synonomys with "cool". Oh, and keep Kate Walsh, too. :bouncy:

neuronbob
03-05-10, 05:17 PM
A free suggestion to GM advertising: use the word "Caddy" in your ads and make it synonomys with "cool". Oh, and keep Kate Walsh, too. :bouncy:

Werd, werd, and werd. Totally agree.

asabase
03-05-10, 06:23 PM
I've got a thumbs up from a guy in a white mustang GT that looked somewhat modded. Car guys know what a CTS-V is while there are others that don't know it is a caddy, don't know it has a V8 or blower, and others that don't even know it has 4 doors. Such is life.

ecorpuz12
03-05-10, 06:38 PM
i've gotten two "nice car, man" statements in the last week...one from a mustang driver and the other from a GTO with full kooks exhaust.

did one run against the GTO on the drive home...started at 60mph, he was in 4th...even til about 75 then he had to shift and i ran away...by the time i was at 100 i had him by at least 8 car lengths and still pulling away hard. we slowed down and he gave me a thumbs up and a smiling shaking of the head.

i agree that 99% of the population doesn't have a clue...i have gotten stares from two C63s and a bunch of corvettes though. no has been foolish enough to try me yet....i don't count the 98 civic that tried to beat me while merging on an on-ramp....

DiamondWhtV
03-05-10, 07:01 PM
....i don't count the 98 civic that tried to beat me while merging on an on-ramp....

That was a gem....got to learn to finish drinking my coffee before reading some of these posts.

wfo
03-05-10, 07:34 PM

No, cluelessnes is dangerous...you just can't teach "stupid" people anything.

GM-4-LIFE
03-05-10, 07:39 PM
This was one of my complaints on the GM Tell Fritz site. I basically told them that if I see another SRX commercial I think I will puke. I told them that nobody knows what a CTS-V is and that they need to advertise on TV a bit more to let the public know about the CTS-V and it would help them sell more.

Cadillac used to advertise for the V-series cars a few years ago in their under 5 second ad campaign that they were running. They were cool commercials, but nothing for the new CTS-V which is pretty much in supercar territory.

SG

asabase
03-05-10, 08:36 PM
I always liked the V commercials where the car (XLR-V I think) shot out of the tunnel. Also liked the Catera "The caddy that zigs" commercials even though it wasn't a caddy and didn't zig all that well.

OKC_CTSV
03-05-10, 08:39 PM
I had a Hayabusa run next to me on the highway when I had my V, I revved it and he started laughing....After 2 races from 70 to 135mph, 1st race he was ahead by a car length, 2nd race I was ahead by a car length....He drove next to me and gave the V a look over and a thumbs up and got off the highway....was great! lol! Man I miss my V, there's always the coupe coming out!

Tony407
03-06-10, 12:06 AM
Great responses guys!! Love it!!

I gave a few friends a ride to lunch the other day. A new guy was with them and when he saw my car he got excited and said: "Lets head to the Ring!" Thinking he knew all about the V2, I was surprised and disappointed when he later made a rear-seat comment about how good my engine/exhaust sounded for a V6. After telling him about the 556 horses under the hood, he said "Well, it's still a real heavy car" and then proceeded to show me his brand new Black Cherry convertible 370Z in the parking lot and said he was pretty sure he could take me because the new 370s are FAST!!! Uh...whatever dude. Nice Z, but whatever...

And when I had the V at a car show last summer I had a lady come up to me all excited yelling: "I have this same car!! I have this same car!! I love it!! I love it" After some conversation she asked me what kind of highway mileage I got and told her about 18 mpg. She got this puzzled look on her face and told me she was in the mid-twenties or something like that. She then asked me why my mileage was so terrible and, knowing she probably had CTS, I explained to her that this was the CTS-V. "What's that?" she asked. "Here's your sign."

Tony

sefa01
03-06-10, 12:30 AM
I think the important point is that the V2 is for ME, not the general population. I agree that 99% of people don't know what this car is. And I don't care. I bought the V2 for me, as I did the V1. If nobody in the whole world knows what this car is, I don't care--because I know and I get a thrill every time I drive it.

Caroutisine
03-06-10, 03:58 AM
I also have a TBSS. The 20" wheels really make this truck stand out over the regular Trailblazer. Had more than one person ask me what kind of Chevy truck it is. Removed the "Trailblazer" badge so it only says "SS" on it. Some people think it's a Tahoe. My mom calls it my "white van" :)

This thing is a beast out of the hole with the AWD and 390HP.

commander112
03-06-10, 08:06 AM
Around here the people that matter (car people) know what a V is. If they are not car people and just think it is a CTS big deal. They never would give a crap anyway. If you bought the V thinking is was some sort of chick magnet or something you bought the wrong car. The wallet sniffers for the most part don't know what it is if it is from this country.

garfin
03-06-10, 08:16 AM
I've had my V since Monday and I've already has numerous people say, "Nice car." or "That's a great color."
The funniest incident happened the very first day when I took it out to a mall. I parked as far away as I could and upon returning to the car, I see 2 guys leaning on their truck, eating sandwiches. I walk up to the car and one of them asks me if it's mine. He says the car looks great, asks if it has leather, and oh, by the way, what's the HP?
When I tell him 556, he literally starts to choke on his food!!! His buddy slaps him on the back and after a few coughs and few more throat-clearing grunts, he's back to normal again. Then he says, "What did you just say?" When I repeat the 556 number, he comes over to the car to look in (the driver's door is open now) and freaks out when he sees it's a stick. "Cadillac makes a stick shift?"
Turns out he's a car guy (has a modded Fox body Mustang), but he was really surprised.

... and I'm lovin' the "invisibility factor" After driving around in a Camaro SS that sets off car alarms when you drive by (and therefore definitely turns heads - usually with looks of scorn painted on peoples' faces), this car is a joy!!

Best regards,

Elie

Jorday
03-06-10, 08:46 AM
Yep...know what you mean....I have several co-workers that tell me how nice my car looks and that they see them all time around town...lol they have no friggin idea. So far I haven't even seen one in my area. Although we have four or five members here that are near me. Most people are clueless to the difference between the V and the regular CTS.

+1 at this.

Other than mine I have seen exactly two 09-10 CTS Vs on the road driving around since the V2 came out.

tbss08
03-06-10, 08:46 AM
When I took my car in for service the other day the Sales Manager came into the service area drooling over the car. I had three car salesmen and two other service writers all drooling over the car. The sales manager said he could hardly wait for them to get a V so he could just take a ride in it. I promised him one the weather clears up I'll be back up and take him for a nice little romp around the neighborhood. All of the people who saw the car just drooled over it. I had all four doors open the hood and the trunk. I thought I was at a NASCAR pit stop instead of the service bay! Good group of car nuts and they took great care of the car and me.
I did have the car at a show last fall with everyone passing by some nice street rods to look at the V. Pretty cool car. I haven't seen another one in the area around here.

ecorpuz12
03-06-10, 09:09 AM
i agree with the guys that didn't buy the car for the "look at me!" factor. it's all about the drive for me, although i do admit a bit of ego stroking whenever i see the occasional dude checking out the car in the parking lot or watching intently as i drive by. and still haven't seen any other V2s out there.

i neglected to detail the story of when i took delivery...long story short, when the car arrived on the flatbed from south carolina, the entire dealership stopped working to come look. entire service dept was in the reception drive through checking it out. i should've charged admission. :) but it's always a mini-event whenever i bring the car in for service....good times.

OldRoadDawg
03-06-10, 09:59 AM
I think the important point is that the V2 is for ME, not the general population. I agree that 99% of people don't know what this car is. And I don't care. I bought the V2 for me, as I did the V1. If nobody in the whole world knows what this car is, I don't care--because I know and I get a thrill every time I drive it.
^ ^ ^
Déjà vu

Heard these comments 5 years ago driving a V1.

IRONDOG
03-06-10, 10:30 AM
Around here the people that matter (car people) know what a V is. If they are not car people and just think it is a CTS big deal. They never would give a crap anyway. If you bought the V thinking is was some sort of chick magnet or something you bought the wrong car. The wallet sniffers for the most part don't know what it is if it is from this country.

Isn't that the truth!

Mike 09 V
03-06-10, 12:43 PM
I went to a spring training baseball game Thursday and at the parking lot entrance there was a city cop standing there with the ticket taker. He asked me how I liked the car and I said I love it. He said he test drove one and it was amazing. He was all smiles. One thing led to another and he said he was sure that I wouldn't do anything illegal with the car and I said I wouldn't but if I did he couldn't catch me! He laughed and said he could and pointed to his cop-motorcycle that was parked off the road. I said "Oh I didn't know you had a scooter, maybe you can catch me!" We laughed and I went through, knowing that even if his bike could go as fast as the V he wouldn't have the stones to ride it that fast! I couldn't embarrass him in front of the ticket taker now could I?! Good citizen and all you know!

concorso
03-06-10, 03:22 PM
True.

I have found that challengers come in 2 distinct types:

1.) Those that think they can beat you
2.) Those that know they can't but wanna hear and see the V accelerate.I agree. Ive often challenged a much more capable car, only to get a look of disgust. I dont feel embarrassed tho, how else will I get to see their car run?

concorso
03-06-10, 03:26 PM
Around here the people that matter (car people) know what a V is. If they are not car people and just think it is a CTS big deal. They never would give a crap anyway. If you bought the V thinking is was some sort of chick magnet or something you bought the wrong car. The wallet sniffers for the most part don't know what it is if it is from this country.Wallet sniffers seldomly know what the imported car is specifically, either. They only see the badge in the center of the hood. In my experience, the people who dont know what a V is also dont know what an M or AMG is.

lewster01
03-06-10, 05:22 PM

Agreed x10.

Also when I drove a vette every jackhole with fart pipes would roll up, and rev up. Now they don't even notice, and if they do they think the car has aftermarket body kit. :shhh:

lewster01
03-06-10, 05:25 PM

Again, I must agree x10. The V2 is NOT for the "ohh, look at me" crowd. It is for people who know and like cars.

dmp
03-06-10, 08:12 PM
You are right, except for car people, don't know about the CTS-V. I was trying to decide between the V and the M, one of my closest friends said V since "most the bmw drivers he knows are @ssholes." Not that the M series aren't well engineered and fun.

When I bought the V, mosts people laughed when they heard I bought a had one Cadillac, except for the car guys who said, "the new CTS-V, huh?" without even seeing the car...

In two months, really only a guy filling his car at a gas station looked over and asked me about how I liked the V. Now, a few weeks ago, a 335i rolled up behind me on the interstate and it was clear behind and I had just left a construction zone. I was doing 65 and flipped the paddles down to 3rd as he came up about to change lanes to pass me, I floored it, broke the rears loose, kicking up salt dust on the road and leaving him, quite literally, in the dust. ;-)

Cadillac CTS-V, popping the inflated egos of BMW owners since 2009.

Ok, I kind of wanted to blow out a new A5 owner yesterday, but too many cops were out and really didn't seem fair anyway...

sefa01
03-06-10, 08:36 PM
Cadillac CTS-V, popping the inflated egos of BMW owners since 2009.

Actually, it's been since 2004--when the V1 blew away M5s, M3s and anything else made by BMW.

GM-4-LIFE
03-06-10, 08:57 PM
I do agree 100% with most of you though. If you bought the car to attract women, wrong car. If you are like me, you bought the car because you are a true enthusiast and love what the car stands for and for how the car truly performs.

SG

Vlakaz
03-08-10, 03:57 PM
Haha I luv all these stories. Thats the best part about driving something that is somewhat of a sleeper.

When I first got my 09V someone at work that has a Nissan Maxima with ram air kit was telling me that his car would destroy mine in a race. Umm ya. Not even worth me using up the fuel to prove him wrong.

Two month after I recieved the car I was at a light, my lane ending about 1/8the of a mile after the light. Who pulls up in the lane beside me, a bmw 540i with two young guys in it, windows rolled down, music pumping. Light goes green and I hear a slight squeak from his tires. He didn't want me to merge infront of him I guess...I have the car in regular auto mode (I didn't bother moving it to sport) and gave it. Needless to say there was more then enough room for me to merge into the lane. Hec, I think 10 V's could have merged infront of him ;)

For me its all about how quick you can go from 0 to speed limit...since I don't track the car.

neuronbob
03-08-10, 04:37 PM
This car is such a sleeper, I'm planning on bringing my dyno report with me to the next Cleveland Cars and Coffee for window display. :) That will genuinely shock some people.

I love all these stories, I guess I have a thing for sleeper cars lately.

DiamondWhtV
03-08-10, 04:57 PM
Well it was a semi-sad day yesterday. Driving around town with the wife, we spotted a 09 Black V....and they put an italic script chrome "Supercharged" emblem below the V badge on each door (about 12" in length). Sorry, but for me...just really bad taste and it didn't look right. I guess the owner was proud and wanted to make a statement some how...but wasn't necessary to do it that way...at least in my opinion.

Silver -V-
03-08-10, 05:15 PM
DiamondWhtV -

Are you sure it wasn't a STS-V? They have the supercharged emblems on their doors right behind the "V" logos.

Off-subject, have you been to the Highland Village shops in the last 2 weeks? I have been in there and twice seen a white "V" in the parking lot lately.

DiamondWhtV
03-08-10, 05:17 PM
DiamondWhtV -

Are you sure it wasn't a STS-V? They have the supercharged emblems on their doors right behind the "V" logos.

Off-subject, have you been to the Highland Village shops in the last 2 weeks? I have been in there and twice seen a white "V" in the parking lot lately.

Nope...definitely a CTS and the White V in Highland Village...yep probably mine. The wife and I go to the movies on Friday nights...date night.

garfin
03-08-10, 05:25 PM
DiamondWhtV -

I was thinking along the same lines, but the STS-V says "SUPERCHARGED" in block letters rather than italic script.

Best regards,

Elie

egyptianzeus
03-08-10, 05:50 PM
I was headed to a customer meeting yesterday with my boss and three co-workers. We ended up taking my car.

After the meeting, one of the account managers drove off in a BMW 540. My boss was all :worship: and said "I think he would kick your car's a$$..."

Seriously? :suspect:

"Really. It's like a 4 liter V8. They're fast!"

I just looked at him and said- "Wanna find out?" :)

I can't believe your boss said that.....I would've stomped a whole in the 540's @ss! if you know anything about cars, they'd know that at the most the 540 and 550's top hp was 360hp! lol!

it's nice to have this car, we have soooo many camaro SS's in my town and they are all driven by girls and a few college kids, but no one has tried me yet! :cool2:

there is this one kid in a bmw 135i that always punches the gas at lights, and i'd love to get next to him at a light to show him what a REAL car can do! :sneaky:

asabase
03-08-10, 06:02 PM
Apparently Volvo drivers (at least I think that was what it was, S40 or S60 maybe) know what it is. Anyway this guy last night recognized the car pulling up behind him and wanted a show. He gave a thumbs up after. Earlier yesterday a GTO gave a thumbs up.

IRONDOG
03-08-10, 08:37 PM
Haha I luv all these stories. Thats the best part about driving something that is somewhat of a sleeper.

When I first got my 09V someone at work that has a Nissan Maxima with ram air kit was telling me that his car would destroy mine in a race. Umm ya. Not even worth me using up the fuel to prove him wrong.

Two month after I recieved the car I was at a light, my lane ending about 1/8the of a mile after the light. Who pulls up in the lane beside me, a bmw 540i with two young guys in it, windows rolled down, music pumping. Light goes green and I hear a slight squeak from his tires. He didn't want me to merge infront of him I guess...I have the car in regular auto mode (I didn't bother moving it to sport) and gave it. Needless to say there was more then enough room for me to merge into the lane. Hec, I think 10 V's could have merged infront of him ;)

For me its all about how quick you can go from 0 to speed limit...since I don't track the car.

That's my way to drive. They can't mess with you on the road! They only wish they could.

cbloveday
03-08-10, 09:33 PM
Well it was a semi-sad day yesterday. Driving around town with the wife, we spotted a 09 Black V....and they put an italic script chrome "Supercharged" emblem below the V badge on each door (about 12" in length). Sorry, but for me...just really bad taste and it didn't look right. I guess the owner was proud and wanted to make a statement some how...but wasn't necessary to do it that way...at least in my opinion.

i have seen that on a silver V that looked like it was an earlier gen. Not sure if it was an STS-V or a CTS-V. The emblem looked like this one available on EBAYfor $25.00.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/supercharged.jpg

It is listed as "2010 CTS-V OEM supercharged emblem"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Cadillac-2010-CTS-V-SUPERCHARGED-Emblem-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a04626bfbQQitemZ18 0462185467QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcce ssories

garfin
03-08-10, 09:48 PM
i have seen that on a silver V that looked like it was an earlier gen. Not sure if it was an STS-V or a CTS-V. The emblem looked like this one available on EBAYfor $25.00.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/supercharged.jpg

It is listed as "2010 CTS-V OEM supercharged emblem"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Cadillac-2010-CTS-V-SUPERCHARGED-Emblem-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a04626bfbQQitemZ18 0462185467QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcce ssories

Yeah... it looks like the emblem on our engine covers - and it's advertised as such in the listing as the emblem that "Cadillac forgot".

Also looks similar to the lettering on the 2006 STS-V doors that says, "SUPERCHARGED"... just not sure if it's similar to the "italic script" that was previously described. :hmm:

Tony407
03-08-10, 10:21 PM
If anyone wants the above-mentioned SUPERCHARGED emblem, let me know. I purchased one on eBay thinking it was a lot smaller. It's 11 inches long and each letter is separate.

Tony

concorso
03-08-10, 10:28 PM
I can't believe your boss said that.....I would've stomped a whole in the 540's @ss! if you know anything about cars, they'd know that at the most the 540 and 550's top hp was 360hp! lol!

it's nice to have this car, we have soooo many camaro SS's in my town and they are all driven by girls and a few college kids, but no one has tried me yet! :cool2:

there is this one kid in a bmw 135i that always punches the gas at lights, and i'd love to get next to him at a light to show him what a REAL car can do! :sneaky:I dont know if you have mods, but Ive seen a mod'd 135i that will take a stock CTS-V. This guy was runnning low 11's on street drags. Even with just a tune, they are surprisingly quick.

egyptianzeus
03-09-10, 01:42 AM
I dont know if you have mods, but Ive seen a mod'd 135i that will take a stock CTS-V. This guy was runnning low 11's on street drags. Even with just a tune, they are surprisingly quick.

Stock vs stock, we would win. They only have 300hp....modded they can have a lot more with just a few basic mods. I know they don't weigh all that much either, it would be interesting to see what the results would be stock vs stock. If we can beat stock m3's with 116 more hp than a 135i, don't see why we couldn't beat stock 135i's quite easily. They maybe quick but they aren't fast IMO.

Htown09
03-09-10, 02:00 AM
Stock vs stock, we would win. They only have 300hp....modded they can have a lot more with just a few basic mods. I know they don't weigh all that much either, it would be interesting to see what the results would be stock vs stock. If we can beat stock m3's with 116 more hp than a 135i, don't see why we couldn't beat stock 135i's quite easily. They maybe quick but they aren't fast IMO.

They run 0-60 in 4.9 seconds or so. Modded with a tune around 4.1 maybe slower.

Umrswimr
03-09-10, 08:50 AM
They run 0-60 in 4.9 seconds or so. Modded with a tune around 4.1 maybe slower.
0-60 times don't mean jack- especially on the street.

I know you can get 350-375 rwhp out of the 335 with just a tune. I doubt that will be enough to take a stock V2, though.

Gotham CTS-V
03-09-10, 09:16 AM
I ran a modified 135i when my car was bone stock and I had 4 passengers in the car (all big dudes...and no I'm not gay LOL this was just racing night and we went out for a quick bite). I made him look like he was in reverse. Afterwards the guy just shook his head and later on in the night when he came to the races he was telling everyone that my car is on "the nawssss" haha. I also beat a supercharged E30 M3 that night.

Another cool thing about V ownership is that my mom was having problems with the Escalade. Door handle not working or something. When she came to the dealership they weren't giving her the best service. She said "comon guys, we buy lots of cars off of you. My son even bought that CTS-V you guys had." They chuckled and said "as far as we know, only one person has ever bought this car. He probably put the badges on." (what nerve, right?) She told them my name and after the checked with the sales manager (this was all for principal now lol) they treated her like the Queen of England! Now she loves going to Caddy for service...Speaking of service, in the 10 or so months of ownership, I haven't visited the dealership once! That's 2 GM cars now that I've owned that are problem free, the other being a modified Z06.

SRT8/BMW
03-09-10, 10:34 AM
0-60 times don't mean jack- especially on the street.

I know you can get 350-375 rwhp out of the 335 with just a tune. I doubt that will be enough to take a stock V2, though.

as an owner of both I will chime in. Stock to stock--no contest. V in a walk.

Beware, a 135 or 335, with $600 tune, $800 downpipes and $900 intercooler, will run low 12s or high elevens.

My 335Xi with those mods, was in the lane next to my V (driven by my girl who is a great driver)when I ran the 12.1 stock (best ever so far), and the BMW won. Yes--the V smoked by at the line....but- Just saying...don't take them lightly from a dig. Especially if it is an Xi (awd). Launches for me in that are routinely 1.75 60 ft. times.

From a roll---they will hang with your V till about 100-110, then the V will seperate nicely.

Now they have added meth kits very cheaply, and there are already several vids on their website walking a stock V from a roll.

Gotham CTS-V
03-09-10, 10:51 AM
as an owner of both I will chime in. Stock to stock--no contest. V in a walk.

Beware, a 135 or 335, with $600 tune, $800 downpipes and $900 intercooler, will run low 12s or high elevens.

My 335Xi with those mods, was in the lane next to my V (driven by my girl who is a great driver)when I ran the 12.1 stock (best ever so far), and the BMW won. Yes--the V smoked by at the line....but- Just saying...don't take them lightly from a dig. Especially if it is an Xi (awd). Launches for me in that are routinely 1.75 60 ft. times.

From a roll---they will hang with your V till about 100-110, then the V will seperate nicely.

Now they have added meth kits very cheaply, and there are already several vids on their website walking a stock V from a roll.

Any car with the right mods can be made fast ;)

From my experience against the twin turbo 335's and 135's, with the popular mods like tune and exhaust, they are very fast off the line and theres a good chance it could beat our cars on the 1/4 mile because they launch so well (specifically the awd models. most rwd ones with these mods have sticky tires on).

On a highway roll, it's a different story. As speeds climb, the turbos run out of breath and our cars pull.

Most guys who race Caddy V's will at least have a tune though so that helps quite a bit.

SRT8/BMW
03-09-10, 11:07 AM
Any car with the right mods can be made fast ;)

From my experience against the twin turbo 335's and 135's, with the popular mods like tune and exhaust, they are very fast off the line and theres a good chance it could beat our cars on the 1/4 mile because they launch so well (specifically the awd models. most rwd ones with these mods have sticky tires on).

On a highway roll, it's a different story. As speeds climb, the turbos run out of breath and our cars pull.

Most guys who race Caddy V's will at least have a tune though so that helps quite a bit.

totally agree! I was really emphasizing two things: they are cheap to mod (335s) and they CAN BE tough at a street light from a dig.

here is a vid from October of 08-just before the V was released to the public. This was at Milan Dragway--the BMW is me when I had just tune and pipes (car was 12.5ish then).

Keep in mind, the V is being driven in total stock form by a pro driver from Motor Trend who got a 1.95 60 Ft on this launch. ANd he won, but it took himn the full 1/4 mile to catch up. So a lot of times on the street you only get to go from 0-80 or less...he needed 100 mph to catch me.
when you click on the link, also click on the video in top right:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Cadillac-CTS-V-Timeslip-16478.html

Z06ified
03-09-10, 11:07 AM
Who cares about a modded BMW vs. a stock V? Modded vs. stock is always a pointless comparison. For every mod the 135 and 335 has, there is an equal or even more effective mod for the V too. Bottom line is the V can be modded to 750hp running high 10's with a nearly bulletproof engine and drivetrain for under $20k in mods. You can't do that for that cost with a 135 or 335 and expect it to hold together.

SRT8/BMW
03-09-10, 11:13 AM
Who cares about a modded BMW vs. a stock V? Modded vs. stock is always a pointless comparison. For every mod the 135 and 335 has, there is an equal or even more effective mod for the V too. Bottom line is the V can be modded to 750hp running high 10's with a nearly bulletproof engine and drivetrain for under $20k in mods. You can't do that for that cost with a 135 or 335 and expect it to hold together.

well I love my V--so I agree with you. Just saying, don't assume when you pull up to a light that a 135/335 is stock...they are CHEAP to mod! Way cheaper than the V. There are many 11 second 335s running around an they were done for about 2300 bucks.

But--the V will stomp it mod for mod or stock for stock..

All I am saying is the 335s tend to be modded more precisely because it is so cheap and easy, and the V will beat it anyway but just get a good launch.

Umrswimr
03-09-10, 11:23 AM
well I love my V--so I agree with you. Just saying, don't assume when you pull up to a light that a 135/335 is stock...they are CHEAP to mod! Way cheaper than the V. There are many 11 second 335s running around an they were done for about 2300 bucks.

But--the V will stomp it mod for mod or stock for stock..

All I am saying is the 335s tend to be modded more precisely because it is so cheap and easy, and the V will beat it anyway but just get a good launch.
What RWHP does that $2300 turn into? I didn't realize it was THAT easy fopr you folks tog et into the 11's. :thumbsup:

cbloveday
03-09-10, 11:54 AM
I had an M6 2007 and nothing was cheap about the mods,

$3000+ for Eisenmann race exhaust
$15,000 for Dinan Stage 2 and I got about 50 more HP
$300 for scoops
$1,500 for vorsteiner CF lip.

While she looked nice, not a comfortable daily driver for me. I miss that BMW, but I made the right decision for me to go back & buy the V.
The BMW did not have lot of creature comforts but i did like the HUD nd miss it.
I bought the BMW cause I could not wait for the V to be released. Now I got a 780 hp daily driver that I spent only $8,000 to get that additional 230 hp
These cars are great double duty cars. My car will smoke alot of cars out there and look good doing it. Other times, I can enjoy the caddy ride.

Here is my previous baby, you gotta agree, she is a beautiful machine. :)

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/vorsteiner018.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/vorsteiner021.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/vorsteiner012.jpg

Gotham CTS-V
03-09-10, 01:00 PM
Nice M! I am also a former M driver; M5.

It was a really cool car, high revving so it was a different drive. It got a lot of respect for people who knew what the badge was. I was getting very bored with it though and planned some mods. After seeing the prices for modifications and the gains I'd get, I realized that I could almost buy a used supercharged C6 Corvette and keep the M5 for the same price. No thank you.

I'm happy with the V. The M5 was a great car but the clunky SMG and BS torque got annoying after a while. The new M5 looks like a beast. Very promising.

SRT8/BMW
03-09-10, 05:38 PM
What RWHP does that $2300 turn into? I didn't realize it was THAT easy fopr you folks tog et into the 11's. :thumbsup:

well that engine (the N54 twin turbo) dynos consistently at 275ish, stock. Meaning the 300 hp is underated--more like 325-330.

you can purchase a plug n play piggyback tune that will get you 50-80 (you can choose different boost levels/maps)RWHP/RWTQ gains--very consistently. Folks who have added downpipes and after market intercooler with the tune can run the more aggressive maps and get over 400 rwhp/tq. with race gas--or $300 meth kit--add 30more hp. The numbers I am quoting are conservative and very consistent across dyno's and several major 3 series forums.

On a car that doesn't weigh all that much--it moves very well. No match for a V in most cases--but no slouch either thats running 11s and the better ones are trapping in the 120s now.

My V did 12.11 @119 stock--which I thinks is AMAZING for a stock car.

My Beemer did mid 13s stock, 12.5-12.7 with a tune, and 11.9 with downpipes and intercooler. Guys with similar mods plus meth have hit mid elevens and dyno'd well into the 400s. All for very little money. and a car that has the full appearance and smoothness of a daily driver.

I still Love my V the best though--just saying that the perception that it costs a ton of money to effectively mod a BMW has at least that one exception. the 135/335