: Chrome Trim Surroundings

Cadillacboy
03-05-10, 07:15 AM
I had some chrome trims added around my interior doors . They really look very nice and shiny which I like a lot
I also had the steering wheel detailed thanks to real wood trim upper and lower side of the steering wheel .
Now, I want a better looking column shifter ,let's see what's gonna be look like :bouncy:

CBodyFan
03-07-10, 10:34 PM
Wow, really nice....gives it a real traditional Cadillac look. How did you add the chrome trim and the wood on the steering wheel?

Cadillacboy
03-08-10, 01:51 PM
Thanks for your comments . A body shop did it for me when I told them I wanted something like '80-92 RWD Fleetwood / Broughams . In order to insert all these chrome pieces you see on the pics they all removed tbe air vents and door panels for the door trim surrounding trim pieces .
Steering Wheel : That was slightly easier , they removed the steering wheel and re upholstered all the stitches and made a custom made wood trim to match the fake wood .That was a job for a week .

CBodyFan
03-08-10, 10:17 PM
So did the body shop have the plastic trim pieces chrome plated after they removed them?

Cadillacboy
03-09-10, 05:41 AM
Nope, actually 1993-96 FWBs didin't come with the chrome trim pieces let alone plastic chrome like pieces .They removed the fake wood trims around the door panels and trimmed ,cut off exact size real chrome pieces so as to fit the door panels as well as air vents .

CBodyFan
03-09-10, 10:57 PM
Wow, so those chrome pieces are not only real but hand-formed. Now that is a one-of-a-kind Brougham! That must be some body shop since most modern body shops only do panel replacement and sometimes frame straightening. Do they deal with a lot of classic cars where hand formed parts are required because new parts are no longer available?

Cadillacboy
03-10-10, 06:44 AM
That's true , I would not sound like in a conceited or pretentious manner that's why I didn't say in my thread "one of a kind a Brougham" but that's truth I think . As you said those all pieces are hand formed not aftermarket chrome accessories that you could buy from ebay or so .
I asked whether they could make some chrome trim pieces for other cars (Jaguar XF) and they said yes that could be done .

CBodyFan
03-11-10, 09:00 PM
Hey, you don't sound pretentious......nothing wrong with showing off some sharp custom work!

Cadillacboy
03-12-10, 06:17 AM
Thank you for your liking :)

still_walkin
04-08-10, 11:20 PM
Nice where did u get ur wheel done at