Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Dyno Today!!

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  soflarick 
#1 ·
:confused:Frist of the year I installed a maggie on my 06 CTS-V. She made 460hp and 427tq with 5.5psi of boost. Over last weekind I installed Kooks longtube 1 7/8 headers No cats and a 8in 10% over crank pulley. Today she made 491hp and 482 tq.at 7psi of boost. Changed the blower pulley from a 2.8 to a 2.7. It picked up to 8.5psi of boost from 5400rpm tp 6000rpm when it fell back to 7psi. Made 493hp but TQ went to 502. Im thinking it is running out of blower, ill drive it like this for a while but think i need to put the 2.8 back on. I really wanted to se 500HP. what do you experts think i should do?

Remo

#2 ·
You're so close man. Are you experiencing any belt slip? Is that why the drop in PSI? Run E85 :D I'm where you are at now and I have no headers (test pipes were not on for the dyno run) and I haven't put on my 10% OD pulley yet either. I should land in the 520-530rwhp range.

#4 ·
lol don't we all.
Good to hear about the belt slip. I wonder if I can get away with the 10% OD crank pulley, the 2.6 blower pulley and a STRONG belt tensioner.

some guys were reporting 8-10lbs of boost on maggies though. I wonder if you really are at the top end of yours.

#5 ·
Wish I had your guys problems. :)

#6 ·
Those are great numbers. Time for a cam! :highfive:

#10 · (Edited)
Your torque jumped significantly more than the horsepower, your engine is having trouble breathing up top. Either your blower is too small and therefore cant move enough air when your engine really demands it (top end) or your heads are a limiting factor. The LS2 heads are alright but I would look into new heads.

Here's the reasoning;

As port velocity increases, so does torque. You mentioned upping the blower output by running a smaller pulley and you only gained 2 horsepower. By contrast your torque gain was 20. Since more air is being pushed through the same sized intake and exhaust ports in the head, there is an increase in port velocity. It appears you have hit the point of diminishing returns with your heads in terms of horsepower. Torque will still go up though, in fact Id be willing to bet sizing down again would only net 5 horses while you'd probably pick up 15 more ft-lbs.

Go buy some LS3/L92/LS7 heads and bolt em on. Should be about 800 bucks if you get em through gm performance parts. Great power and they're cheap as hell.

#16 ·
Thanks for the info Voodoo. You too whisler.
Thanks for spelling my name correctly. Even though it is in front of people faces they always seem to put a "t" in it. :tisk:

Nice car by the way. :thumbsup:

#18 ·
They did an M45 and MP62 for me, ported and coated the interior. Performance improvement was well worth the expense, although I can't remember numbers since it was done years ago. They can coat the case and/or rotors to tighten the case to rotor clearance, which adds a level of protection and reduces outlet temps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.