Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Monster Clutches on sale - $100. off

4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  tweeter81 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Argh!!! Now you have really made me indecisive. Monster or Twin Disk?? :helpless:

#4 ·
That sucks! I order before the $100 off AND can't get the f#&*er to work! Ugh MOD HELL!

#6 ·
What problems are you having? Sorry, I havent been on here much in the last week.

YAY - Now can you take 10% off the axles too??? Especially if ordered together...

And free shipping cough* cough*...
On the race axles? I could probably do that. Cant on the anti-wheel hop axles though. They are as low as I can go on them.
I'll have the complete race axles out in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks
Chris

#8 ·
How soon?

About a week away from installing the clutch

#10 ·
Wonder how much lighter is the aluminum FW than the chromoly? Plus wonder if it can take the abuse?

#12 ·
And dont forget that the Monster uses a 12" disk for the ultimate in holding power.
The 11 lb aluminum and the new twin disk will also use a 12" disk.

Thanks for the orders guys!

Chris

#18 ·
GForce,

I see my Axle Kit is supposed to have arrived, I just haven't been home to check it yet. :yup:

I was wondering when the Monster Kit will ship out. I didn't see a tracking number for it yet. No hurry, I just wanted to make sure something didn't slip through the cracks. :thumbsup:

#19 ·
Awesome, the axles just arrived. I just happened to be home to sign for them because I was home from work getting my furnace fixed.

Anyway, the product looks amazing and I can't believe how beefy the thick axle looks. I really need to get these installed ASAP.

P.S. I still would like an update on the Monster Kit though. :thumbsup:

#21 ·
i'll have to catch you on the next $100 off. I just bought a used gen 3 diff and need to sell the 2 other diffs i have to raise the funds. I do want the econo axle when they come back in stock. is it hard to replace your shaft myself on spare axle i have laying around?

I'll worry about which flywheel 28-18-11# twin disk and that stuff when i get ready. I need to educate myself heavily on that to make an educated decision. Clutch stuff is still Latin to me. all i know is do the remote bleeder and something about replacing the slave... in due time.

one thing is confirmed... Lolly aint da man... he's the GD man...

#22 ·
Get the 18. You won't regret it. It is borderline too light especially with a sticky clutch. A bit of practice will have you launching like your diff is made of steel.

#24 ·
It looks that way at first but the CTS-V uses the C6 premium package and our price has the $49.95 shipping price figured in. Shipping on the monster site gets added in check out.

Thanks
Chris

#27 ·
The Monster Clutch Kit was delivered today! Everything looks beautiful. The 18 lb flywheel is a work of art (especially compared to the stock 54 lb fw). I am planning on a track day at the end of May, so hopefully I can get the clutch kit and axles installed sometime between now and then.

First things first, I need to get some pre-install videos to measure the before and after performance difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.