: Nav question (programing for dual screen)

itsrixter
03-04-10, 01:06 PM
I just received a new nav unit under warranty. I didn't notice until I got home that the AUX menu only shows one screen. My previous unit showed two screens available so I could select what source (DVD or AUX) each of the rear monitors views.

Is there a quick setup/menu change I could make? Is there a diffeference between head units for dual screen vs single screen?

Your input could save me a trip to the dealership. Thanks

mattroberts123
03-04-10, 04:25 PM
Huh?

Are you saying that you have 2 headrest TVS, and you could control the source on each of them from the main DELCO headunit that came with your escalade?

If so, you must have some sort of setup that I have never heard of.... cuz that sounds cool... but nothing that I am aware of.

buckeyefan007
03-04-10, 04:46 PM
I just received a new nav unit under warranty. I didn't notice until I got home that the AUX menu only shows one screen. My previous unit showed two screens available so I could select what source (DVD or AUX) each of the rear monitors views.

Is there a quick setup/menu change I could make? Is there a diffeference between head units for dual screen vs single screen?

Your input could save me a trip to the dealership. Thanks

If I am not mistaken I think there is a difference between the heads for dual screen vs single screen.

itsrixter
03-04-10, 05:21 PM
Huh?

Are you saying that you have 2 headrest TVS, and you could control the source on each of them from the main DELCO headunit that came with your escalade?

If so, you must have some sort of setup that I have never heard of.... cuz that sounds cool... but nothing that I am aware of.

I should clarify, I have an ESV with dual OVERHEAD monitors (2nd & 3rd row). In the AUX tab of the head unit you should see the option for screen 1 and screen 2 to select video sources. My new Nav unit now only shows screen 1. I was wondering if there was setting the dealer forgot to set (quick fix) or if the head units are different for single and dual monitor (which means I have the wrong unit installed).

mattroberts123
03-05-10, 12:49 PM
Ahhhh

I bet you either have the wrong headunit, or need an update via Tech2

itsrixter
03-11-10, 03:32 AM
!!!!! I'm pissed. I took my ESV back to the dealer and showed them page 86 of the 2007 Nav system owners manual. It shows, in AUX mode of the headunit, two screens and the option to select which video source to display (dvd or aux) for each one. My newly replaced headunit only shows one screen like a short Escalade would have. They told me it only shows the second screen if something is hooked to the AUX input. I thought they were wrong and when I checked it out at home, sure enough it still does NOT work!

Who knows the nav systems really well and can tell me:
1) if there is a difference between single screen and dual screen headunits
2) if there is a config setting to the headunit for dual screen/monitors

Obviously my dealership does not know. My screen 2 in the third row only displays the dvd. It can not display the AUX video source.

dsteinmann
03-11-10, 11:23 AM
im pretty sure its a Tech2 Option. I rember seeing some guy who added the overhead monitor and had to get that option programmed. Id Call Cadillac and have them call your dealer or try a differnt dealer

itsrixter
03-12-10, 04:38 PM
im pretty sure its a Tech2 Option. I rember seeing some guy who added the overhead monitor and had to get that option programmed. Id Call Cadillac and have them call your dealer or try a differnt dealer

You were right. I took it to another dealership but only after I did some more homework. It was a Tech2 configuration. Therefore, the head units are the SAME (between single monitor and dual monitor systems) just need it programmed correctly

itsrixter
03-12-10, 05:02 PM
This is where I did my homework:

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Zhariak
03-12-10, 07:32 PM
Same issue happened to me.

Nav unit was replaced because ink on it was fading...

Drove around with no control over the 3rd display (back back seats of the ESV).

When I took it in, they had no idea what I was talking about, finally fixed it after I showed them... I actually started thinking I was on crack...

One thing that bugs me, is that with "Aux" now, it wont come on automaticly... I have to switch from aux, to CD, then back to Aux for the displays to show the aux input

itsrixter
03-14-10, 12:53 AM
I only had my ESV a few days before the Nav was replaced so I didn't know how it "use to" work but I do have to switch to aux, back to cd just like you. Sucks!