: New Owner 09

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-04-10, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

I have been on the STS-V boards for a couple of years.

I will be taking delivery of a 09 white diamond loaded up.

I have been reading some of the threads and had some questions.

1) Any areas that need to be addressed ASAP while its still under factory warrenty?

2) LED conversion. Is there one consolidated list for all LED's needed to replace stock bulbs?

3) having a V I would like to replace the Escallade Grille with the same mesh, upper and lower. Where can I order those?

4) Should I order the OEM headrests wth the DVD in them or just go after market and have them installed. Been told I can get better quality and cost less if I go aftermarket???

5) any tunes available or should i just go to my local tuner?

6) DVD/NAV unlock codes available?

Thanks all

evil0ne
03-04-10, 05:13 PM
2) LED conversion. Is there one consolidated list for all LED's needed to replace stock bulbs?
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/187854-led-conversion-links-pics.html

4) Should I order the OEM headrests wth the DVD in them or just go after market and have them installed. Been told I can get better quality and cost less if I go aftermarket???
Aftermarket is the way to go.

5) any tunes available or should i just go to my local tuner?
Some swear by the Diablo Predator. Some say it does nothing.

6) DVD/NAV unlock codes available?
No codes, but plenty of hardwired options. You lose your GPS when active but work great. Coastaltech makes one, NavTV makes one and many others.

I answered a few of them above.

buckeyefan007
03-04-10, 06:05 PM
I agree completely with Evilone

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-06-10, 10:38 AM
Thanks Evilone.

I ordered up 9 inch screens headrests and are coming in tuesday.
Most of the LED's are sold out.

Merc
08-16-10, 10:49 PM
where did you get your dvd headrests?

mcwheels
08-17-10, 01:12 PM
Ya used to be able to get them from Best Buy

Merc
08-17-10, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the response. I have a fewf questions for you. What is the manufacture's name and how much did you pay for them? And more importantly, are you happy with them? Could you post pictures of them? I am concern about the quality of them. I like the quality of OEM, but I don't like how much they cost.

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-18-10, 02:09 AM
Myron Davis headrests. They come color matched and have the caddy logo stitched in them. The drivers headrest is the main unit to broadcast to the other players or they can play separately I had the DVD hacked with a coastal so I can watch DVDs while moving (passenger) that is. Very good quality. Better than oem

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-18-10, 02:11 AM
Pics to follow