: Is this normal on an 07 Escalade ESV in SNOW

pwpatterson
03-03-10, 11:58 AM
Came home last night and noticed the snow on my hood had geometric shapes on it. Assumed it was the pattern of the heat shield atop the engine. Is this normal - is the shield doing the job correctly? I'll try to attach pics.......

New owner - love this site and would be happy to send a donation to the site owner to keep it going - please tell me who to send the check to...........

Neoex
03-03-10, 01:44 PM
Definetly never seen that on my 07 hood with snow

EDIT: The snow on the hood doesn't melt as I kind of expected it would, it seems no heat gets through to the hood.

LeftLane
03-03-10, 02:37 PM
looks like a ufo landed on ur hood,some good crop circles.:thepan:
I mine did the same thing!!Your fine,I say it's normal.

dsteinmann
03-03-10, 03:00 PM
Nothing to worry about but, does yours still have the insulation under the hood?

pwpatterson
03-03-10, 06:26 PM
You guys/gals are the best! Thanks so much for the info and feedback! Yes, we do have the insulation under the hood..........

Take care and talk with all of you, again..........soon!

Alien
03-03-10, 06:28 PM
Got that on my 2010 one time. Other times we got snow, it was uniform...no artwork...

PreachRR
03-03-10, 06:33 PM
Yea this is common if the car has been driven it is residual heat from the under hood on the bracing.. I had it an all three GM vehicles sitting in my drive way!.. either that or my other option is that aliens are tagging you car for abduction because they want escalades on mars!

Big Windy Ext
03-04-10, 07:42 AM
Transformer !!! Only vehicle I have owned that has done that .

fivepix
03-11-10, 05:40 PM
weird i live in Canada my truck has been covered in snow and I've never seen that before? looks cool.

Zhariak
03-12-10, 06:35 PM
There is a cloth/cardboard like huge flap that is supposed to cover the underneath side of the hood... It has Cadillac written huge on it...

Maybe your missing this?

pwpatterson
03-14-10, 09:07 PM
Nope, checked under the hood and the cloth/fiber liner is there with the big Cadillac logo.............

Punmax
03-15-10, 06:14 AM
Nothing to be worried about! It sure does look cool though.

Zhariak
03-15-10, 08:53 AM
As long as your temps are good I wouldn't be too concerned...

There's a chance it was just the perfect amount of heat... I could be totally wrong but this may have happened to me ONCE way back when it was warm and snowing...

Doesn't happen in -40 (Celsius) though...