Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  soundexp 
#1 ·
Just bought a 06 V and I am looking to get a catback. I honestly dont care which system because I like them all. I ve looked at borla, corsa, magna, zoomers, and one other but I cant remember the name. They all have pros and cons for me but the biggest pro would be best price. I am looking for any suggestions where I can find any cat-back for the 6.0 for the best deal possible. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

#14 ·
I second that......Magnaflow for the price but the B&B can't be beat!

#4 ·
The pipes on the V are already stainless steel, so unless you are going to a 3" exhaust buying a catback is just wasting money, IMHO.
First thing is lop off the center resonator and replace with a stainless steel magna flow X-pipe, price 80.00 plus install.
Then pick up the mufflers of your choice, offset in/center out will work the best 12" or 16" length
will work, or 12" center in/center out, a 16" will work but is more work to bend the pipes.
depending on the muffler your looking at 80-150 each plus install. get the muffler shop to use the hangers off your old mufflers.
Then get tips of your choice, or you can chop off the stockers and weld them onto the new mufflers.

#5 ·
Intead of catback route have you thought about just doing headers kook\B&B with high flow cats? I believe a tune would be needed after install but more bang for you buck than just doing catback I would think. Have many people just done headers/high flow cats and left stock catback?

#9 · (Edited)
That's the x-pipe

B&B is 3" :2thumbs:
I know this, I have the B&B "engine" back system. To tie me over untill I purchased the B&B, I went with a magna x-pipe and borla R1 race mufflers, the sound is sweet.
I also listened to the exhaust with no mufflers before the install, it was way too raspy and unrefined, the borla sure does the trick, just as loud but deeper and refined. Will be posting it up for sale when I get my B&B I have sitting here on the car.

#8 ·
I recently bought my V and after hearing several different aftermarket ones I decided to go with the Muffler delete option with 4" tips. I really like the way it sounds, and there is no drone at all on the freeway. With tips it cost me 200 with install. You really don't gain much performance with a cat back, so I couldn't justify the expense, but that's just my .02

#10 ·
Well I am either going to do the muffler delete or muffler replacement. My next question is that I have found a muffler that I like (polished hooker header aerochamber) 14" muffler so what lenght of tip should I be looking at so that the tip dosent stick way out.

#12 ·
I have borla and like it !! search cts-v exhaust clips on youtube.... mine are up there. can't wait to hear my kooks with borla. woohoo

#13 ·
Thanks for the much needed info. I decided to go with a xpipe ( I got for free) and a set of PYPES polished race pro mufflers and tips. I did quite a bit of research. You can find some videos on youtube on a 2010 camaro ss to get a idea of the sound possibilites. They seem to be pretty popular with the SRT8 guys. Cant beat the price of just under $200.00 for mufflers and tips on Jegs. I will post some pics when all is finished. Thanks for the suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.