: Service suspension light

monstermatt
03-03-10, 01:16 AM
Anybody else ever had this message appear? Mine is on and its an 08 ext, wtf??? wonder what is causing it??

icejava
03-03-10, 11:15 AM
Anybody else ever had this message appear? Mine is on and its an 08 ext, wtf??? wonder what is causing it??

Try disconnecting the battery for 30min. If it comes back on after that, you should take it in for service. I have an 08 EXT and my stabilitrak light came on. After doing the battery disconnect, it never came back on. I even took it in and they couldn't find anything wrong.

LeftLane
03-03-10, 03:31 PM
make sure the wire at the top of the front shocks are connected.

cadmanchris
03-03-10, 10:28 PM
And make sure your level ride compressor is working. If you do not hear it turn on after a few seconds after startup, it may have a bad exhaust solenoid. Code C0660 will set.

SouthernCaddy
03-06-10, 08:40 AM
Mine came on last week, truck is in the shop as it has to have a new throttle body. Why because they said when it went bad it turned on the check engine light and then the service suspenion message came on along with reducing power. We could only run 30 mph after that. hey said this was all caused by the fact the engine light came on with this throttle body code. Onstar said it was the electronic throttle control.

we will see monday.

SouthernCaddy
03-14-10, 11:42 PM
Well I went last week to pick up my ESV and I had to pay 132.00 to clean the throttle body. When I started the truck it Rev to 2000 RPM's and would not idle down. I stepped back out of the truck and told them to try again. They gave me a rental car to drive (HHR) and said to check back with them the next day. I did and they said the throttle body was bad and I needed a new one and they are all on back order. It took 1 week to find one. I drove the little HHR for a week and I really remember what the common folk feels like with the cars they drive like the HHR. He escalades make the others feel very cheap.

I would like to add that the Escalade runs better now than it ever did and Engine is very smooth.....you can tell the difference at idle and just above idle!!! Very different.

Maybe it needed a throttle body cleaning along time ago.

K9Caddy
03-15-10, 02:49 AM
I had the same issue with my 09 with only 5k miles on it. They told me that they had to replace the rear compressor...

I'm also having issue with the blind zone alert... Was getting an intermittent fault on the computer, stating the blind zone was disabled. Came back to pick my truck up and now it doesn't work at all!! Both sensors glow in the mirrors and nothing works!!! WTF over!! I hate incompetent service techs... don't know what your doing, then don't mess with it!!! Ugh!!