: 0-60, 1/4mi Lingenfelter kit times?

XSSV
03-02-10, 09:46 PM
Does anyone have the 0-60 and 1/4mi times with the Lingenfelter pulley/tune upgrade kit with our 09 CTS-V's?

Prof
03-03-10, 05:40 PM
Very interested in hearing a response...I am planning a spring trip to Lingenfelter for the package.

nradcad
03-05-10, 10:11 PM
I'm doing this package soon, and would really like to have this data as well? Anyone?

cbloveday
03-06-10, 01:55 AM
It took me from 470 rwhp to 525 corrected and 536 uncorrected rwhp on a dynojet.
I had corsa exhaust and K&N drop in filter.

I never did 0-60 or 1/4 mile times.

The website claimes 630 bhp. Maybe someone could do some math.
I would call LPE directly or send Jeff Myers an email @ jmyers@lingenfelter.com

I suspect they would know.

Prof
03-06-10, 07:03 AM
Satisfied?

Seems to be a very reasonable increase from a relatively mild up grade.

LPE says a couple of days...maybe they can do it in a day now???

Anything else you would do if you had it to do again?

cbloveday
03-06-10, 08:33 AM
Very satisfied. Jeff @ LPE was great. I did mine mail order so not sure if they can do it in a day now. There is nothing else I would have done differently except gone to the shop for the install and had them tweak the tune on their dyno.

BTW, tell Jeff I still want the lingenfelter badges. LOL
They cannot be bought unless you've had some serious work done, as the CTS-V supercharger upgrade package does not qualify for badges.
They are very tight with the badges. I tried ordering them on their website and they called me to slap my wrists and say, "NICE TRY".

Prof
03-06-10, 08:51 AM
Very satisfied. Jeff @ LPE was great. I did mine mail order so not sure if they can do it in a day now. There is nothing else I would have done differently except gone to the shop for the install and had them tweak the tune on their dyno.

They cannot be bought unless you've had some serious work done, as the CTS-V supercharger upgrade package does not qualify for badges.
They are very tight with the badges. I tried ordering them on their website and they called me to slap my wrists and say, "NICE TRY".

The badges are an attractive "plus"...

I want them too...I am going to get an appointment and maybe get permission to be an observer in the process. I will look for a bin with the badges and grab a couple for us if I get a chance!!!

nradcad
03-06-10, 09:52 AM

So you purchased mail order and had the dealer do the install? What did it all set you back? I see the mail order kits start at $589. You did exhaust as well? with or without headers? Do you have sound clips? Does the interior sound get more intense?

Could you tell a difference with the giddy up?

Did the dealer do a tune for you?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm gonna do this kit. Probably. The only reason I may not, is because it might now have the overall power I'm looking for.

cbloveday
03-06-10, 11:17 AM
So you purchased mail order and had the dealer do the install? What did it all set you back? I see the mail order kits start at $589. You did exhaust as well? with or without headers? Do you have sound clips? Does the interior sound get more intense?

This was the mods:

K&N Filter
Lingenfelter SC Upgrade (tune, solid isolater, 2.55 pulley, Airbox Mod, Snout ported and polished) Corsa Sport Mufflers were already on my V

No headers at the time. Sound did not change except for increased supercharger whine, which I desired.*

I had the dealer remove the ECM, supercharger, and airbox and mail to lingenfelter. They did their tune to the ECM, they modified the airbox, including their tube. The pressed on the 2.55 pulley and shipped it back with belts and hardware. The dealership loaned me a nice 2010 escalade and parked my V in the certified car building to avoid dust and trffic cause they know I am very particular. The dealership removed and re-installed the components.
What you are seeing for $589 is not the complete upgrade.

Mine consisted of the following:

- 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley
- powder coated black - 8 rib
- 8 rib serpentine belt
- Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
- Port and polish supercharger snout
- Lingenfelter air intake duct
- Increased boost level 12 - 13 psi
- Professional engine modifications, testing & PCM tuning
- Chassis dyno report before & after installation
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity

I paid Lingenfelter $1,445, plus $45 to modify airbox
(cut the bottom out etc). I requested express return to dealership for
$77.00. There was no tax so total to Lingenfelter was $1,567.63 and Cadillac charged $700 for removal and reinstall. I loved this whole experience.

Could you tell a difference with the giddy up?
Are you serious?:)

Did the dealer do a tune for you?
No Lingenfelter. It is part of the pckage.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm gonna do this kit. Probably. The only reason I may not, is because it might now have the overall power I'm looking for.

No problem.

*note, I have since completely changed my V with the added mods from
Wait4meperformance

nradcad
03-06-10, 05:24 PM
what else did you do with Wait4me?

cbloveday
03-06-10, 06:18 PM
Wait4meperformance: High Flow Heads, Comp 918 Springs, LS9 Cam, 8.5 Pulley, Upgraded Injectors,
Ported TB, AR Headers, Heat Exchanger, 160Tstat, Full CAI, 3" Exhaust, OEM Muffler, Engine Mgt.
625 RWHP 643 TQ (Mustang)

chopmeat
03-06-10, 06:52 PM
I did the Lingenfelter package and then the Vette Doctors did AR headers with high flow cats.
The Vette Doctors also retuned the car.
Lingenfelter was very conservative. I have to dyno it again...
And by the way, LPE gave me 3 badges, I only used 1.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh157/knihc_photo/movedbadge2.jpg

Gary Wells
03-06-10, 06:59 PM
Chopmeat:
Such a beautiful picture / view of the Caddy. I think that I see the remains of crop circles in your lawn though. You don't pray to the crop gods or do warlock / witchcraft dances to get a lawn that green, do you?

Jeff@Lingenfelter
03-06-10, 08:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Thank you for considering Lingenfelter for your upgrades. You have some great cars to work with! Currently with our process, we are wrestling with a new schedule that should make our lead times and completion times more spot on to getting the cars in and out more efficiently for in house installation. It seems we always have about 30-40 vehicles impacting the shop workload, so we like to make sure we have ample time with each car. Once the mechanical side of things are done, we do not just pop in a tune, dyno and send it on its way. We spend time with each one, beit a 1000HP Twin Turbo package or a simple pulley upgrade such as this one. Right now we need about a 3 week notice before getting the car, and approximately 1 week to complete the upper pulley package on the new Caddy.

We can do this out the door and work with several shops and dealerships if that is the way you would like to go. We can offer this package in 3 different ways.

1. Provide the porting of the front cover, pulley removal and installation which include pinning the pulley, calibration and parts out the door.
2. Provide all the components for your shop of choice to install, and they provide the labor and calibration.
3. In house - we do everything A-Z

As far as 0-60 and 1/4 times, we haven't tested. Only dynojet and mustang numbers are what we have.

Sorry about the badges! We do reserve all of our badging for in house builds.

I am more than happy to discuss what we can offer you with these packages. You are welcome to contact me at jmyers@lingenfelter.com or 260-724-2552 x 1003

thank you!

Jeff

nradcad
03-06-10, 09:24 PM
I really want LPE to work on my car. And I'm trying to figure out how to do this since I'm in Houston.

nradcad
03-06-10, 09:27 PM
Wait4meperformance: High Flow Heads, Comp 918 Springs, LS9 Cam, 8.5 Pulley, Upgraded Injectors,
Ported TB, AR Headers, Heat Exchanger, 160Tstat, Full CAI, 3" Exhaust, OEM Muffler, Engine Mgt.
625 RWHP 643 TQ (Mustang)

damn, those are great numbers. So how do you like those American Racing headers? Sound good? What I'm really after is right around 575-600RWHP with a mean ass sound. That's all I want. With some good upgraded cooling. I'd be pretty happy with that.

Who can do this for me?

cbloveday
03-06-10, 09:55 PM
damn, those are great numbers. So how do you like those American Racing headers? Sound good? What I'm really after is right around 575-600RWHP with a mean ass sound. That's all I want. With some good upgraded cooling. I'd be pretty happy with that.

Who can do this for me?

I like the AR headers over kooks. Both are good but i had kooks on my Srt8 and I had some fittment issues. Probably an isolated issue but jesse suggested AR headers and I trusted his judgement.

Very happy with the sound. Not a day goes by when I do not receive a compliment on the sound of my car. I would call Jesse of wait4meperformnce.
He can build for you whatever HP you want and his product and labor prices are the lowest.

If there are logistic issues with Jesse doing the build, consider buying the parts from him and having a local shop (make sure they have experience) do the install.

I personally would just drive to see Jess cause he can do it ll in 1.5 days.
I got a hotel while he loaned me his 09 CTS-V to use.

Isn't Hennessey in Texas?

Prof
03-06-10, 10:01 PM
I'll be calling on Monday or Tuesday.

nradcad
03-06-10, 10:05 PM
I like the AR headers over kooks. Both are good but i had kooks on my Srt8 and I had some fittment issues. Probably an isolated issue but jesse suggested AR headers and I trusted his judgement.

Very happy with the sound. Not a day goes by when I do not receive a compliment on the sound of my car. I would call Jesse of wait4meperformnce.
He can build for you whatever HP you want and his product and labor prices are the lowest.

If there are logistic issues with Jesse doing the build, consider buying the parts from him and having a local shop (make sure they have experience) do the install.

Isn't Hennessey in Texas?

Ya, he is. I emailed him today as well.

nradcad
03-06-10, 10:07 PM

So what do you think AR and a 600RWHP setup would set you back?

cbloveday
03-06-10, 10:18 PM
So what do you think AR and a 600RWHP setup would set you back?

I paid $1,700 for American racing Headers if that gives you an idea of the savings on parts with Jesse of w4me.

Hennessey right now has them listed for Regularly $2,200 and On Sale Now for $1,895.

Really, I would just call and compare prices with Hennessey, D3 and
wait4meperformance. Ask about install cost etc and go with the who you are comfortable with . The all can build it for you

nradcad
03-07-10, 12:00 PM
Anyone in the Houston area had any experience with Late Model Racecraft? (LMR) I keep hearing good things about them.