: High pressure p/s hose

DTECKBAUER
03-02-10, 11:51 AM
hello all, My high pressure p/s hose started leaking this weekend and I would like to change it,seems prety straight forward,but wanted to check here with you all to let me know what to watch out for,read a lot of threds on changing the pump but did not see to much on just the hose. Oh forgot to tell you this is a 2000 deville 4.6 after reading the threads about the pumps,am wondering about O rings,will the new hose come with them or will i need to ask for them, the leak is not at the pump it is down at the crimped fitting where it gose from steel tubing to rubber hose. Thank you for any help you might have.

TuneUpsNSuch
03-02-10, 12:15 PM
Use a good quality wrench so you don't round off the line nuts. The first time they are broken free from the rack they can be a real beeeatch! Your new hose assembly normally comes with new o-rings.

codewize
03-04-10, 07:47 PM
The new hose will come with O rings. These are not fun to replace. It's a PIA to get the new hose into the proper position.

Good luck, Be patient with it and you'll get it but they don't just fall into place.

97EldoCoupe
03-05-10, 12:25 AM
The 98+ Sevilles and 00+ Devilles have a lot of power steering line problems. Considering most that I've seen leak are close to 10 years old, it can be expected I guess, but they definitely are a pain to replace.