: V Production figures by year / color combo

Gusteve
03-02-10, 09:15 AM
In the "V Discontinued?" thread JedHead posted this link that seems to have data on V production counts. http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Assuming this data is accurate we should be able to come up with a definitive list of production by year, for each color combo. I know that's something that's been asked a lot in the past and there was never a answer. If we all jump in, we should be able to make a list.

According to this data, there were 459 V's made in 2008. 32 were for foreign export (it seems to me from the data). Out of the 459, 38 were Black w/ Ebony/Tango interior. Of those 38, 8 were for foreign export leaving 30 of that combo in the US and Canada.

It would be interesting to see the data for the other years and color combinations.

Red Snake
03-02-10, 11:26 AM
2008 there were 139 Vs made in LT TARNISHED SILVER MET. I assume that's Light Platinum, which is what my window sticker says. :hmm:

cad08stsv
03-02-10, 11:44 AM
Seems like a good Idea. I can only speak for 2008 ThunderGray Exteriior and Black and Tango interior. With 7298 Miles on the clock.
I think the real question is how many Silver or Light Gray Cars were produced and how many were produced with Black and Tango. I think that color combo would have been really great. Particularly the LT TARNISHED SILVER MET.
I have never seen one or heard of one. You could redue the interior, but that isn't factory.
Russell

06stsv
03-02-10, 12:57 PM
So silver light platnium with black tango is rare? That is what i have! never seen one either or heard of another one.

Nick

Gusteve
03-02-10, 01:16 PM
So silver light platnium with black tango is rare? That is what i have! never seen one either or heard of another one.

Nick

Go to the compnine link above and put in your VIN # - you can tell exactly how many were made.

Red Snake
03-02-10, 02:12 PM

Nick

Mine has Ebony Black interior. What is the difference in Ebony and Tango?

Gusteve
03-02-10, 02:25 PM

Ebony & Tango is Black with red inserts in the seat bottom and backs, and red trim on the door panels and under-dash.

3X STS
03-02-10, 02:34 PM
tango would be red.

dhemrick
03-02-10, 02:41 PM

Here is a good picture that gives you an idea what the ebony and tango interior looks like:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/galleries/images.php?/articles/rr/images/06sts-v_4.jpg&info=2006 Cadillac STS-V&from=http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rr/fastgm.htm

My car is black outside with this same red/black interior. From what I have gathered, the red interior is rare enough as it is, but by in large most often paired with the black exterior when it was ordered. Silver or thunder gray exteriors with tango interior are VERY rare! I'd love to see some pictures from you guys who have that combo!

06stsv
03-02-10, 07:52 PM
I will try to post some pics of mine!

rglenn828
03-02-10, 09:28 PM
2006 Black exterior, ebony interior, 501 of 1306 with sunroof 489

silverws6ta
03-03-10, 10:11 AM
2006 Black exterior, ebony interior, 501 of 1306 with sunroof 489

I'm curious how many Stealth Gray STS-V's had the Tango interior in '06? Or was that even a possible combo that year? Mine has Lt Gray -- anyone here else with that combo? - (Redxped1 has Black I think -- Mike can chime in)

Lanman
05-18-10, 08:00 AM
So here are the numbers that I was able to come up with for 2008 models.

459 Total

Exterior Colors
249 Black
139 Platinum
67 Stealth Gray

Interior Colors
338 Ebony / Ebony
59 Lt Gray / Ebony
58 Tango Red / Ebony

As you may have noticed these numbers don't add up though. The interior and exterior combos both add up to 455 but the site says there were 459 produced. Does that mean there are four 2008 STS-V's that don't have interiors and that were never painted? Is their an oil Sheik out there with four gold plated STS-V's? Or maybe Mary Kay cosmetics bought four pink STS-V's. :caddy: Or better yet, maybe that means that four lucky people got to pick their own special color combos that weren't offered to the general public. I just love a good mystery!

willits
05-18-10, 09:43 AM
I have a '08 Platinum with the Ebony Tango interior. When I tick the interior and exterior color boxes in the Comprehensive GM VIN Decoder, I get a grand total of 9 cars with that combination.
Best, Peter

ozmt
05-18-10, 07:50 PM
My 08 is black/black with no sunroof. 1 of 6 without sunroof.

cad08stsv
05-19-10, 01:16 AM
Hay Willits,
I have a Thundergray 08 v with Tango & Black. Not uncommon but not common either. What is uncommon is your car. I would like to see your car. I have also thought that color combo would look cool. So how about it, can you post photos of your ride? Photobucket is a free service as you could upload there and post a URL from there. I think a lot of us would be interested in this combo. James at D3 said he has seen one in all the time he has been running D3.
Russell

willits
05-20-10, 03:39 AM
Hi Russell,
I bought in February and actually havenít seen it in person yet. Iíve got it stashed at my familyís house in California. Iím waiting for it to come over on a boat to Prague.

I did put some pictures on picasa, but I don't seem to have enough status in the group to post a link. if you go to picasa and do a search for 2008 STS-V you should find it.

When it arrives in a few months I can post some more pictures.

I did a little home work checking VINís of cars for sale and found that the í08s are split as follows:

------------Total---|Tango Red / Ebony---|Ebony / Ebony---|Lt Gray / Ebony
Platinum-----139---|9--------------------|96--------------|34
Stealth Gray--67---|11-------------------|35--------------|21
Black--------249---|38 -------------------|207-------------|4

It looks as the super rare one would be black with a light gray interior. Of course you can see why that is. The silver or gray with the tango red ebony is the most interesting from my point of view.

Peter