: In A race CTS-V vs.... who would win??

TheM16
03-02-10, 09:45 AM
Hi guys i just have few Qs...

By the way im getting my V this month hopefully or april max :)
im from Doha-Qatar (M.E.)

1-in a race cts-v VS porsche 911 turbo 2007(480 hp) who would win?

2-what i saw on youtube from motortrend the V vs Jaguar the V slightly won and i think its not right the V should kill it easily (any 1 of u guys tried )?

3-also have u raced M5?

4-Merc E63 2010 ?

5- corvettes?

it would be nice if u guys shared ur experience with me

thnx n advance :thumbsup:

Vrocks
03-02-10, 10:06 AM
1. From a launch the turbo on the street should win (and from a roll). The new Turbo will destroy the V.
2. The V should definitely beat the Jag.
3. It should also beat the current gen M5 - the next M5 will more than likely be faster.
4. Probably a dead heat against the new NA E63.
5. About the same as a regular (430hp) C6 and definitely slower than the Z06 and ZR1.
6. Panamera Turbo/Turbo S is a close call from a roll (launching they should win).

You can always get another 100WHP out of the V for a relatively small amount of $$$$.

cts-v2009
03-02-10, 11:06 AM
1-in a race cts-v VS porsche 911 turbo 2007(480 hp) who would win?
cts-v from rolling is faster ..dont try against 2010 911 turbo .. much faster than cts-v

2-what i saw on youtube from motortrend the V vs Jaguar the V slightly won and i think its not right the V should kill it easily (any 1 of u guys tried )?
yes i did ... cts-v is much faster than motertrend video ... from 0-160 mph i was ahead by 4 car length

3-also have u raced M5?
yes faster ... all the way our v faster than m5

4-Merc E63 2010 ?
again is faster ... no match for E63 ... E63 cant hang against M5

5- corvettes?
C6 ls2 is easy race for cts-v
C6 ls3 cts-v will win but with little margin

Zo6 , ZR1 are faster than our V

this week i raced panemera turbo .. and killed him .. it thought according to all magazinr it was faster than our V .. but in real life is not ... from rolling was easy won for V ( soon i will post the video race in this forum so everyone can see how stock V can kill panamera )

our V is faster thab aby 4 door sedean in the market ... but not for long (2011 M5 and 2012 E55 will walk in our V)

here some of my race

cts-v against moded IS-F
http://www.streetfire.net/video/ctsv-vs-ISF_736920.htm

cts-v against Zo6 ( slick tyres )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvXF5ZpSZbc

v4meinsandiego
03-02-10, 12:52 PM
That is quite possibly some of the worst race video I have seen because how can you really see anything. But, the end result proves our V's kick ass. Add some mods and up the boost and the results will be even greater. I just ordered mods yesterday....a 9.55 Crank Pulley Upgrade Kit and Heat Exchanger from Wait4me and hope to have them installed by the end of March here in CA.

TheM16
03-02-10, 12:55 PM
oh guys I really appreciated it u passing by ...
and I know should kill 95% of the cars out there C6 and below i mean :)
as for the pursche 911 i know an all wheel wheel drive is really hard to beat from a launch so rolling is the logical choice and for the 2010 is 500 hp instead of 480 (stock) mayb wont be big deal i dont know ,.,,,i mean it specs are 480 hp 460 Torque lb-ft (Nm)

and as for the others yeah what what i thought of and believed before the stupid videos come out>....

the E63 i was shocked when they said it was a close call !!!??? look at the number man 556hp 550lb ft TO 518bhp (386kW) and 465lb ft (630Nm) torque are u kidding me>>??? V should win

XFR jag...510 bhp Torque 461 lb ft <<V should win

M5 <<V wins

my last thinkig i doubt the new M5 can beat the V cuz from its specs i can c only the Hp is lil higher
the specs i got from online search

"The engine will be a 4.4-litre V8 bi-turbo producing 578bhp and 530lb-ft of torque ?? can it be faster ? I doubt

and thnx Vrocks and CTS+V 2009 for sharing

Vrocks
03-02-10, 03:18 PM
...and for the 2010 is 500 hp instead of 480 (stock) mayb wont be big deal i dont know ,.,,,i mean it specs are 480 hp 460 Torque lb-ft (Nm)

the E63 i was shocked when they said it was a close call !!!??? look at the number man 556hp 550lb ft TO 518bhp (386kW) and 465lb ft (630Nm) torque are u kidding me>>??? V should win

my last thinkig i doubt the new M5 can beat the V cuz from its specs i can c only the Hp is lil higher
the specs i got from online search

"The engine will be a 4.4-litre V8 bi-turbo producing 578bhp and 530lb-ft of torque ?? can it be faster ? I doubt

and thnx Vrocks and CTS+V 2009 for sharing
In a recent test, the 2010 911 Turbo was faster to 60 and through the 1/4mi than the ZR1. It could have been a ringer but we won't know until more tests are done.

Apparently the E63 has a more efficient drivetrain with faster shifts. In a comparison they said it lapped a track .1 second faster than the V, and it was a dead heat in a straight line comparison. I'd like to see what it can do on the ring.

The next M5 is going to have a more efficient drivetrain than the auto V (DSG). It'll also shift faster and have launch control - there's no way BMW would release it if it wasn't faster than existing super sedans.

You're welcome.

cbloveday
03-02-10, 03:22 PM
That is quite possibly some of the worst race video I have seen because how can you really see anything. But, the end result proves our V's kick ass. Add some mods and up the boost and the results will be even greater. I just ordered mods yesterday....a 9.55 Crank Pulley Upgrade Kit and Heat Exchanger from Wait4me and hope to have them installed by the end of March here in CA.

Good decision. I saw your inquiry thread.

wfo
03-02-10, 05:01 PM
Check the Youtube version of the match between the M5 and 09 CTSV...the V spanks the M5..

Of course a 3,100 lb 500 hp car like the Z06 is going to spank the V...why ask this question. :mad2:

Look the V is an absolute monster. It still has the Nurbergring track record for Sedans, as far as I know. But the car is 4200 lbs. It smashes most anything on the road, particulalry a sedan. Myl guess it would even take the GT500 Shelby Cobra. Yup I said that. :want:

GMX322V S/C
03-02-10, 05:16 PM
...Look the V is an absolute monster. It still has the Nurbergring track record for Sedans, as far as I know...Porsche Panamera Turbo has the record now at 7:56. No luster lost, as far as I'm concerned--I mean, there are certainly some Porsches that I lust for, but the Panamera isn't one of them. Now the 911 GT3 is pure p0rn...

Ross L
03-02-10, 05:41 PM
Myl guess it would even take the GT500 Shelby Cobra. Yup I said that No comment:leaving:lol
seriously, IMO a drivers race.
Ross

62Jeff
03-02-10, 09:24 PM
The fastest of cars can lose to a lesser car with the wrong combination of drivers.

If you out-run a Bugatti Veryon, does that mean your car is faster than the Bugatti? No, it means the Bugatti didn't try to play.

Similarly I can easily see how I could get outrun by a good driver in a C6 vette (LS2 or LS3) because it's so easy to get into wheel spin in my V, but my C6 vette is a little more forgiving.

All of these performance comparisons are interesting, but remember that the factories publish optimized performance numbers based on their best in-house drivers. The various car mags publish the best numbers their people get, and some magazines are consistently slower than others on most tests, further proving that the Driver is still a key element into car performance.

Also - if guy in an old Ford Pinto out runs me above 65 MPH, that means I wasn't trying to outrun him, but no doubt he'd be off on the Pinto forum (if there is such a thing) bragging about his CTS-V "kill".

Ross L
03-02-10, 09:51 PM
Lol, yes there are pinto forums. And be careful some guys put the 2.3 turbo in there pinto, making over 400 rwhp( 2500 lb car). But yes, it's still a pinto.

GMX322V S/C
03-02-10, 10:10 PM
And then there was those god-awful Pinto Pangras--anyone remember those? A friend in high school had one with a 289 and a top loader in it--what a hangar queen...

TheM16
03-02-10, 11:50 PM
really my cousin got the 2007 911 so thats why i wanted to know if there is a chance beating him he's a good driver as i am so
we have to wait and see

Gotham CTS-V
03-03-10, 11:23 AM
2007 911 Turbo will be a good race with the advantage going to the Porsche. From the dig, the Porsche will eat you alive thanks to the AWD. Remember that a lot of guys have some basic mods (ecu flash, exhaust) that adds some very nice power to the 997TT.

The new 2010 Porsche Turbo with PDK is an animal. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. My father has one and even with all my mods, I don't have much of a chance even on a highway roll against that thing stock.

2010 E63 would be a good race. Modded E63 vs Modded CTS-V would result in the Caddy spanking the Benz...trust me ;)

M5 is also a decent race but the V will take the lead and by the time the M5 can stay even with the V, the Caddy will be far ahead enough that it won't matter.

Corvette C6 on a highway roll would be a very good race. The Z06 would beat our CTS-V (again, trust me, I owned a C6 Z06). Decently modded CTS-V can hang with the Z06 but I would still have to give it to the Vette for the brutal acceleration, though I am not sure. Pretty close though. Modded V vs Modded Z06 means annihilation for the Caddy.

Panamera would be a good race as well with advantage to the Porsche thanks to the AWD getting power to the ground at all times and the PDK transmission, though maybe up top the CTS-V would have the upper hand because of RWD and more power?

gnxs
03-03-10, 11:41 AM
2007 911 Turbo will be a good race with the advantage going to the Porsche. From the dig, the Porsche will eat you alive thanks to the AWD. Remember that a lot of guys have some basic mods (ecu flash, exhaust) that adds some very nice power to the 997TT.

The new 2010 Porsche Turbo with PDK is an animal. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. My father has one and even with all my mods, I don't have much of a chance even on a highway roll against that thing stock.

2010 E63 would be a good race. Modded E63 vs Modded CTS-V would result in the Caddy spanking the Benz...trust me ;)

M5 is also a decent race but the V will take the lead and by the time the M5 can stay even with the V, the Caddy will be far ahead enough that it won't matter.

Corvette C6 on a highway roll would be a very good race. The Z06 would beat our CTS-V (again, trust me, I owned a C6 Z06). Decently modded CTS-V can hang with the Z06 but I would still have to give it to the Vette for the brutal acceleration, though I am not sure. Pretty close though. Modded V vs Modded Z06 means annihilation for the Caddy.

Panamera would be a good race as well with advantage to the Porsche thanks to the AWD getting power to the ground at all times and the PDK transmission, though maybe up top the CTS-V would have the upper hand because of RWD and more power?
I'd say you're right on the money. :thumbsup:

wfo
03-03-10, 04:40 PM
Myl guess it would even take the GT500 Shelby Cobra. Yup I said that No comment:leaving:lol
seriously, IMO a drivers race.
Ross

I'm not laughing, very serious. The Mustang GT 500 is a 3900 lb car, terrible handling light in the rear-end car. I'll take the V all day, it's way better architecture. Gets power to the ground better handles significantly ore stable at speeds. Besides, the V's braking is light years ahead of the Cobra.

Vlakaz
03-03-10, 05:13 PM
this week i raced panemera turbo .. and killed him .. it thought according to all magazinr it was faster than our V .. but in real life is not ... from rolling was easy won for V ( soon i will post the video race in this forum so everyone can see how stock V can kill panamera )

That is interesting... my guess would be the one you were up against forgot to engage launch control. guess that is an advantage for our V, all you have to do is put it in sport mode and press the gas.. nothign else needs to be done.

Ross L
03-03-10, 05:15 PM
Search post for my encounter with a GT 500. Everything you said is true but in a straight line it's a drivers race. BTW, no offense, I was intending to make fun of myself.

concorso
03-03-10, 06:30 PM
That is interesting... my guess would be the one you were up against forgot to engage launch control. guess that is an advantage for our V, all you have to do is put it in sport mode and press the gas.. nothign else needs to be done.LC wouldn't help the Pana from a roll.

wrazor1
03-03-10, 10:34 PM
LC wouldn't help the Pana from a roll.

LC or not, this car is beyond ugly. Nothing can help that. It could have warp drive as far as I'm concerned. You should have to drive that car with a bag on your head.

By the way, this is my first post since buying one and all I can say is 'wow.' Sold a Viper and bought this. Best decision I've made in a long time on the car front. Only complaint is the sound. Needs a Corsa touring.

Gotham CTS-V
03-04-10, 10:58 AM
Sound on our cars is definitely lacking. My car has obnoxious blower whine at WOT but as cool as that sounds, I want some more V8 thunder! I test drove an SL63 AMG the other day and man did that thing sound nasty bone stock. I'm suprised GM couldn't have given us a bi-mode exhaust like the Z06/Z51 has.

Panamera is subjective. I think the front is beautiful and the car itself has awesome prescense....until you see that hideous rear end. Too bad, would have been the perfect sedan. Performance of the Panamera Turbo with the looks of the Aston Rapide (and price of the CTS-V lol) would be all I'd ever need.

Gotham CTS-V
03-04-10, 11:00 AM
That is interesting... my guess would be the one you were up against forgot to engage launch control. guess that is an advantage for our V, all you have to do is put it in sport mode and press the gas.. nothign else needs to be done.

Launch Control is an option. You have to have the "Sport Chrono" option which not all cars have. You have to be in Sport Plus also, which the owner might not have known about. Sport Plus, brake and gas pedals to the floor, and off she goes!

OP let us know how the race goes. Goodluck!

TheM16
03-04-10, 01:41 PM
wooow many good infos thnx guys

whats the best settings for all races ?
is it one 4 all or i should adjust for each race?
like from a dig there are setting
and from a roll there are others?

in my case i like to keep my car un moded (stock) and beat the crap out of them cuz here is where u prove ur car is faster than other stock cars or somtimes moded :)

what i saw on utube vids....they put the gear in M (pushin it to the right in manual or sport mode) and turned off the traction control and adjusted the suspension i dont know to what mode exactly >>>

so im waiting for u guys to feed me up with more info

cts-v2009
03-04-10, 03:20 PM
soon i will post for you how i kicked the ass of panemera in my stock v

CTSV4now
03-04-10, 03:46 PM
soon i will post for you how i kicked the ass of panemera in my stock v

I have not driven a Panamera, but wouldn't it suffer from some sort of turbo lag from a roll race? Our superchargers do not have that problem.

Gotham CTS-V
03-04-10, 04:07 PM
On the streets, from the dig: you want to put the suspension on the Tour setting (don't put it in sport). Put the transmission to the right in Sport mode but don't engage manual mode. Let it shift for you. Left foot all the way on the brake and lightly add some gas. Let off the brake and roll into the throttle. It will take practice to get the right launch but this is the best way to do it. If you turn off traction control, you will most likely just spin. It depends if the road is nicely paved though you may be able to get a better launch without TC. Where I'm from, the roads suck and you can't launch too hard or you will just spin.

On a roll: suspension won't matter, I like to use sport because there are usually turns. Put transmission in Manual and downshift to the right gear. Floor it and quickly push the tranny Selector to the left so it goes back into Automatic, then put it back to the right so it goes into Sport mode. This is how you will get the best shift points because you are starting out in the perfect gear, then you flip it quickly left then right so it goes into Sport mode and will shift at redline. This is key for our automatics because they have some lag and it is almost impossible to get a perfect redline shift without over-revving or short shifting.

Goodluck

wooow many good infos thnx guys

whats the best settings for all races ?
is it one 4 all or i should adjust for each race?
like from a dig there are setting
and from a roll there are others?

in my case i like to keep my car un moded (stock) and beat the crap out of them cuz here is where u prove ur car is faster than other stock cars or somtimes moded :)

what i saw on utube vids....they put the gear in M (pushin it to the right in manual or sport mode) and turned off the traction control and adjusted the suspension i dont know to what mode exactly >>>

so im waiting for u guys to feed me up with more info

Ross L
03-04-10, 05:37 PM
Great info Gotham! Especially the shifting technique. Don't rely on the toggles to manually shift:annoyed: let the car shift itself. As far as a turbo having lag, not if you do it right. Use the brake to maintain the speed you want as you gradually press the gas. This will spool the turbo and build some boost. Now, release brake and stomp gas.:sneaky:
Ross

Htown09
03-04-10, 06:02 PM
A CTS-V will need around 600rwhp to be even/edge out a new 997 from a roll if it could get traction. The P car is only rated at 500bph but has been reported to dyno 490awhp only loosing 10hp through the PDK transmission but from a roll the car that has the best hp/weight ratio will always win.

lbs/hp

Pullied CTS-V @ 582rwhp 7.2
Stock Porsche 997.2 7.1
CTS-V @ 600rwhp 7
Stock Corvette Z06 7.1

Vlakaz
03-04-10, 07:10 PM
LC wouldn't help the Pana from a roll.

Yep thats what I meant... its should have an easy time beating our V from a standstill if LC was engaged... from a roll it I would guess the extra tq would give the V an advantage.

Vlakaz
03-04-10, 07:13 PM
Launch Control is an option. You have to have the "Sport Chrono" option which not all cars have. You have to be in Sport Plus also, which the owner might not have known about. Sport Plus, brake and gas pedals to the floor, and off she goes!

OP let us know how the race goes. Goodluck!

Options options.... gotta luv that. funny how quickly pricing climbs on the German cars when optioned up.

cts-v2009
03-05-10, 04:14 AM
the car that i raced it has chrono option ... we raced from 0 and from rolling .. from zero he was ahead( 2 car length ) till 200 kmh where i start to pull hard and i was ahead by 2 car length at speed of 260 kmh ...

and from rolling no chance for him ... i was always ahead ... from 60 and from 90 ... rolling form higher speed result killing him very very easily ...

now i will try against Stock RS6 ... and see how fast is ...

i will try to post the video soon but the forum always deleting my video looool

TheM16
03-05-10, 06:53 PM
cts-v 2009 are you talking about the porsche? and which 1 ?
if u have any vids send it to me on
unique_m16@hotmail.com
list the cars that u raced in ur V and mention who won or lose :)

concorso
03-06-10, 03:18 PM
Put transmission in Manual and downshift to the right gear. Floor it and quickly push the tranny Selector to the left so it goes back into Automatic, then put it back to the right so it goes into Sport mode. This is how you will get the best shift points because you are starting out in the perfect gear, then you flip it quickly left then right so it goes into Sport mode and will shift at redline. This is key for our automatics because they have some lag and it is almost impossible to get a perfect redline shift without over-revving or short shifting.

GoodluckId like to see an option where you could go from manual mode directly into Sport mode without having to go back to auto mode first.

concorso
03-06-10, 03:18 PM
the car that i raced it has chrono option ... we raced from 0 and from rolling .. from zero he was ahead( 2 car length ) till 200 kmh where i start to pull hard and i was ahead by 2 car length at speed of 260 kmh ...

and from rolling no chance for him ... i was always ahead ... from 60 and from 90 ... rolling form higher speed result killing him very very easily ...

now i will try against Stock RS6 ... and see how fast is ...

i will try to post the video soon but the forum always deleting my video loooolYou shouldnt have any problem with an stock RS6 from a roll.

TheM16
03-08-10, 09:07 AM
my car just arrived :)

il get it within this week

any advices >?

Gotham CTS-V
03-09-10, 09:23 AM
Id like to see an option where you could go from manual mode directly into Sport mode without having to go back to auto mode first.

A lot of cars, like the Mercedes and Audis will shift for you, even in their manual mode. You can downshift into the right gear and just floor it and they will shift at redline. It would be nice if the V had a Sport mode that you can downshift and upshift but will shift for you at redline and also a true Manual mode where you can hold gears and bang the rev limiter if you don't shift. Too bad.

And I'd think the RS6 would win against a stock V, being that it has a twin turbo V10 compared to the supercharged V8.

cts-v2009
03-09-10, 05:21 PM
Nop our V is faster than Rs6 ... unless it is MTM Rs6 ..

Vlakaz
03-09-10, 11:39 PM
Those are the drag races I'd like to see on shows like top gear... lets line up the M5, XFR, V, Porsche Pan, E63, RS6 etc... and let them go at it for a one mile stretch.

btw, I am hearing that the Porsche PDK loses very very little HP to the wheels... Dyno tests for a 500hp panamera turbo coming in at 490+ HP to the wheels? It means it either does lose very little from fly to wheels or Porsche is underestimating the Hp of the car. I would luv to see a video showing our V up against it.

MReiland
03-10-10, 09:27 AM
Is it possible that during the dyno run the Panamera (Chrono Edition)goes into the temporary overboost condition which would give it a bump in power for the short period during a dyno run? I think I read the new 911 does the overboost also.

Gotham CTS-V
03-10-10, 11:38 AM
btw, I am hearing that the Porsche PDK loses very very little HP to the wheels... Dyno tests for a 500hp panamera turbo coming in at 490+ HP to the wheels? It means it either does lose very little from fly to wheels or Porsche is underestimating the Hp of the car.

Both. The Porsche hp is under-rated (much like the GT-R) and the transmission is very efficient.

TheM16
03-10-10, 08:03 PM
Guys im talking about stock cars here so please stay in this area
so tell me about stock cars cuz modded cars will be faster 4sure not all of the offcourse
according to figuers the V has the highest in all

cts-v2009
03-11-10, 03:31 AM
cts-v kicking R8 V8 ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HseU_xr9Ew

SlvrBullIT
03-11-10, 05:57 AM
confirms what I said before on the track, I ate an R8 on the roll, the R8 had no push out of the corners on the road course.

TheM16
03-11-10, 07:16 AM
woow u killed him what is this?????????? n u kept goin :) is this the best he can do ?
and is your car stock or modded?

cts-v2009
03-11-10, 08:32 AM
nop this is other member car ... uaemonster ... i did raced r8 and result nearly the same

UAEmonster
03-11-10, 08:37 AM
woow u killed him what is this?????????? n u kept goin :) is this the best he can do ?
and is your car stock or modded?

its my car bro .. :yup: , and it is STOCK ..

here is the thread ..

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/194456-cts-v-vs-audi-r8.html#post2176221

Htown09
03-11-10, 09:46 PM
That is old R8. The new R8 has a V10 engine and will hang with a stock V2.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-R8-Timeslip-20355.html

Gotham CTS-V
03-12-10, 09:09 AM
That 1/4 mile mph for the V10 R8 means that it will pull pretty hard on the highway. I'd do maybe a quick ECU flash mod before running with this car.

SlvrBullIT
03-12-10, 01:29 PM
That is old R8. The new R8 has a V10 engine and will hang with a stock V2.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-R8-Timeslip-20355.html

True, but for a few bucks you can stomp a mud hole in the R8 V10 and still pocket a 100K, with room to fit 3 chicas not just 1 :D

Vlakaz
03-17-10, 03:02 PM
Question: Has anyone run across an X5 or X6 M edition yet? How would our V fair against one of those (stock vs stock)?