: New to me 07 Escalade

desidon
03-02-10, 07:49 AM
Fist post!!
Hi folks...just picked up this 07 with 11000 miles on it. Got it as a CPO so good for 6 years/100.
Have a noticed a few things
1. Wind noise : Read the forum. Will be taking to the dealer to implement service bulletin.
2. Old Nav disc : Read the forum...will be calling them to see if I qualify for the new nav
3. No volume control in the steering : Looks like this feature is not available in the 07. Can someone pls confirm?

cenman
03-02-10, 08:34 AM
Mine is on the right side of the steering wheel.

desidon
03-02-10, 08:39 AM

Do you have an 07? If yes..I may be doing something wrong. I have the SRC button which changes sources, a >1 button that gets you the next station and the + and - buttons which do not change the volume.
What am I missing.

cenman
03-02-10, 08:50 AM
Yes, mine is a '07. I'm not sure if it's +, - on the buttons. I'd have to go out and check, but mine does control the volume.

TSS
03-02-10, 08:57 AM
My 07 definitely had volume control. Try the buttons on the right side, rear buttons. You cannot see them, they are not labeled. They are directly behind the +/- buttons, you "pull" them toward you instead of "pushing". They are on the back side of the steering wheel. I seem to remember those controling the volume on my 07.

Todd

desidon
03-02-10, 10:40 AM

My 07 definitely had volume control. Try the buttons on the right side, rear buttons. You cannot see them, they are not labeled. They are directly behind the +/- buttons, you "pull" them toward you instead of "pushing". They are on the back side of the steering wheel. I seem to remember those controling the volume on my 07.

Todd

Sorry folks...my bad. I did locate the buttons. They were behind the main set of buttons on the right and not easily visible.