: Epic Gold Medal Hockey Game!!!

eldorado99
03-01-10, 12:36 AM
What a game that was today! Sid has got to be feeling pretty good about that last one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9j-MRTxz8

Good job USA, you put up an awesome fight!

V-Eight
03-01-10, 09:35 AM
Yeah baby, GO CANADA!!!!

eyekandyboats.inc
03-01-10, 11:35 AM
yeah!! that last goal on the US sucked fir getting it in with only 25 seconds left! LOL but good on them!
YEA CANADA

gdwriter
03-01-10, 12:36 PM
O Canada! (http://www.singforcanada.ca/o_canada.mp3)

I will be visiting your lovely country next weekend to see an old friend working on a contract gig in Montreal.

RightTurn
03-01-10, 01:54 PM
That was a great game. Congrats, Canada!

CadillacCastle
03-01-10, 03:21 PM
The Olympics were especially good this year because it was in Canada. And the music and show was great, but I wish I had recorded the games and shows.

eldorado99
03-01-10, 03:45 PM
The Olympics were especially good this year because it was in Canada. And the music and show was great, but I wish I had recorded the games and shows.

I believe CTV is releasing a DVD and Bluray set of the shows and games.

RightTurn
03-01-10, 03:56 PM
OK, the games were fun...but not that much. :lol:

orconn
03-01-10, 03:57 PM
I am not a hockey fan, but that was really a great game. Congratulations to Canada and to Vancouver for putting on a great Winter Olympic Games!

EcSTSatic
03-01-10, 04:11 PM
I have this green card carrying hoser sitting next to me at work wearing his Canadian jersey. :)

S70RMP
03-01-10, 04:36 PM
was a great sudden death goal

watched it live her eion the UK and wished I could have been in the building.

They said on the BBC that tickets were going for between $12,000 to $20,000
surely that cant be right.

I'm the kind of person who'd walk around a city with $20,000 in cash on me !!

gdwriter
03-01-10, 05:32 PM
I have this green card carrying hoser sitting next to me at work wearing his Canadian jersey. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ZvAVcBIrQ

itschrome
03-01-10, 05:52 PM
yeah i watched the game, very exciting. and so what you canucks won a game you should have, bravo.. how ever you still have to bare the shame for this..

http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/desktops/celebrity/nickelback03.jpg

and no amount of Olympic hockey gold medals will ever ease that..

txbest1980
03-01-10, 06:27 PM
it was a great hockey game and good Olympics, but not great. it wasnt great, because unfortunately there was a death at the beginning of all of this

itschrome
03-01-10, 06:33 PM
it was a great hockey game and good Olympics, but not great. it wasnt great, because unfortunately there was a death at the beginning of all of this

really?? really??? OH MY GOD SOME ONE DIED.. BOOO BOOO :crying:

itschrome
03-01-10, 06:38 PM

really?? really??? OH MY GOD SOME ONE DIED.. BOOO FREAKING HOOO :crying:

dude get over it, it wasn't a huge tragedy he died doing what he loved. he did an honorable death. a tragedy is some some one getting all emotional about and ad taking away from the accomplishments of those who played..

Stingroo
03-01-10, 07:07 PM
That's a bit harsh.

eldorado99
03-01-10, 08:24 PM
yeah i watched the game, very exciting. and so what you canucks won a game you should have, bravo.. how ever you still have to bare the shame for this..

Yeah I felt a little embarrassed when Nickelback came on too. :hide:

Submariner409
03-01-10, 08:37 PM
A hockey game is a hockey game - just as in the Stanley Cup, someone's gonna win. What goes around comes around. When you have two well-coached professional teams playing a championship game, one comes out ahead. Get over it. It will all start over again in 4 years. Meanwhile, get a life. Thank God the olympics are over. Now all the pundits can go back to fussing over Tiger Woods.

concorso
03-01-10, 08:39 PM

Nickelback

and no amount of Olympic hockey gold medals will ever ease that..Pot, say hello to kettle.

Paris Hilton. Heidi Montag. Lady Gaga. New Kids on the Block. N'Sync. Backstreetboys. Goo Goo dolls. Creed. Richard Marx. You get the idea. :)

Im fairly certain enough crap has come out of both countries in the last few decades that we'd never run out of torture material. Want to REALLY torture some insurgents? Make them listen to Marx's Right Here Waiting for 3 days... Put Celine Dion on repeat.

concorso
03-01-10, 08:49 PM

dude get over it, it wasn't a huge tragedy he died doing what he loved. he did an honorable death. a tragedy is some some one getting all emotional about and ad taking away from the accomplishments of those who played..Youre making a bigger deal of what he said, then he is about the Olympics. Seems maybe you need to get over it :P

V-Eight
03-01-10, 10:12 PM

http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/desktops/celebrity/nickelback03.jpg

We got the most golds, we can do whatever we want

Stingroo
03-01-10, 10:51 PM
I am actually somewhat fond of a fair number of Nickelback songs. :hide:

Submariner409
03-02-10, 12:24 PM
I see that V-Eight is now in the juvenile "Mine's bigger than yours" mode...........Get over it - a game is a game. Earth is still here, the sun still rises and sets, and not many people really give a flying damn about something as picayune as a medal count.

orconn
03-02-10, 12:38 PM
I am glad Canada did so well, after all Canada and the Canadians footed the bill! But when all is said and done Sub is right, nobody really gives a damn .... and that goes double for the Winter Olympics! When was the last time you watched curling?

Gristle Boy
03-02-10, 03:12 PM
Why does everyone bag on Nickleback? There's plenty of bands that are far more awful.
I'm also glad all the olympic nut-swinging is over. It's not easy being the only guy in Canada who doesn't give a rat's ass about hockey.

dkozloski
03-02-10, 03:16 PM
Curling and bowling exist for the same reason. They're both an excuse to get away from the old lady and get drunk with the boys once a week.

V-Eight
03-02-10, 03:56 PM
I see that V-Eight is now in the juvenile "Mine's bigger than yours" mode...........Get over it - a game is a game. Earth is still here, the sun still rises and sets, and not many people really give a flying damn about something as picayune as a medal count.

It was a joke....

Besides, there is no crime in being proud of your country. As an American, you of all people, should understand that.

eldorado99
03-02-10, 08:58 PM
He's just sore because he lost. ;)

concorso
03-03-10, 01:26 PM
I see that V-Eight is now in the juvenile "Mine's bigger than yours" mode...........Get over it - a game is a game. Earth is still here, the sun still rises and sets, and not many people really give a flying damn about something as picayune as a medal count.If you don't like hockey, and discussing it is SOO beneath you, then why bother responding to this thread?

concorso
03-03-10, 01:34 PM
I am glad Canada did so well, after all Canada and the Canadians footed the bill! But when all is said and done Sub is right, nobody really gives a damn .... and that goes double for the Winter Olympics! When was the last time you watched curling?I watch curling every chance I get. Like the old codger who responded before you...if the topic doesnt interest you, then don't post!

txbest1980
03-07-10, 11:01 PM

dude get over it, it wasn't a huge tragedy he died doing what he loved. he did an honorable death. a tragedy is some some one getting all emotional about and ad taking away from the accomplishments of those who played..

are you serious? i never took anything away from anybody who won or even participated in the Olympics. quite frankly, i give two shits about the Winter Olympics because i care less for every single winter sport.

as far as the guy dying, he was petrified of what he was doing and he stated that to his father and other's before he died. he was petrified because the course was not built with quality. hint, that is the reason why they postponed the luging so they could build a higher wall and try and protect more luger's.

and as i stated, it was a great hockey game, but definitely not a great olympics. it was just a good olympics