: Shutter Island - *Spoilers possible*

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-28-10, 07:13 PM
Who else saw it? I saw it today with my friend Krissa and loved it.....can't explain the plot without giving it away, but it was one hell of a movie. It wasn't as scary as I anticipated, but it had a very authentic lingering eerie/creepy feeling that kept us on our seats the entire 2.5 hours.

Just like The Departed, this movie is full of big twists & turns in the plot and it only gets better as the movie goes on. I'm sure the more I see it the more I'll like it and understand it more.

Rolex
02-28-10, 07:37 PM
The wife and I saw it last weekend with 4 friends. We thought it was a hellova movie, but the rest of the crowd was 50/50. I thought the ending was very "book-like" and kept you guessing. One of the better movies I've seen over the past year....but then nowdays I end up in 3D and/or animated movies more often then not. :rolleyes:

RightTurn
02-28-10, 07:43 PM
Some dipshit on another forum posted a frackin' SPOILER for the ending. Thanks, jackass. :mad:

Rolex
02-28-10, 07:48 PM
Seeing the ending would ruin the movie. Ignorance is bliss.

Jesda
02-28-10, 08:33 PM
Well-made film with a crap story. Its such an overused gimmick.

V-Eight
02-28-10, 09:28 PM
Yeah, my friends were telling me that it was a great movie. Maybe I'll have to get out and see it

itschrome
02-28-10, 10:49 PM
I dunno why so many people don't seem to like it. It was the first time I have wanted to see a movie bad enough to see it opening night and i was very pleased with it. I left feeling good about paying the 9.50 to see it. I am not saying there weren't thing I didn't like about it, but I also dont want to ruin it..

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-28-10, 11:07 PM
I liked it more than I did The Departed. When I left the theatre then, I was rather angry that I paid the $9.00 for the ticket, but with this one, I was happy though and through.

Stingroo
03-01-10, 12:49 AM
I honestly didn't even like The Departed. It wasn't as good as everyone said it was when I finally got around to seeing it. (I'm very anti-movie theater unless I'm with someone)

CadillacCastle
03-01-10, 01:02 AM
wow does it really cost 9.00 to see a movie now?

Jesda
03-01-10, 01:02 AM
I dunno why so many people don't seem to like it. It was the first time I have wanted to see a movie bad enough to see it opening night and i was very pleased with it. I left feeling good about paying the 9.50 to see it. I am not saying there weren't thing I didn't like about it, but I also dont want to ruin it..

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE

THE VILLAGE IS ACTUALLY IN THE PRESENT

ETC ETC

Its such a stupid gimmick. It turns the film into a complete waste of time. It ruins rewatchability and diminishes the values of the characters and situations. Its not clever anymore.

RightTurn
03-01-10, 03:18 PM
Um...Jesda. You might want to rethink that post for people who haven't seen it yet.

Jesda
03-01-10, 06:55 PM
Um...Jesda. You might want to rethink that post for people who haven't seen it yet.

Good point. I shall edit the thread title.

RightTurn
03-01-10, 11:59 PM
:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-02-10, 07:51 AM
I dunno, I didn't get that "The Sixth Sense" vibe from it. What I got was one hell of a plot twist 15 minutes before the movie ended.

RightTurn
03-02-10, 10:05 AM
Well, I haven't seen it yet, but like I said... some asshat posted the ending on another forum. It caused a mob scene. :mob:

:coffee: