: Glad I found this forum

ChristianV
08-16-04, 11:31 PM
Well I'm new here but let me tell you I am freaking impressed with this site. Everyone here seems so cool and way into the BEST car ever, the Cadillac. Let me tell you guys about mine. It's a classic 1973 Caddy Deville. Candy apple red with a white top. Rebuilt Engine w/ 33 K miles. Check it out. Well anyways, I'll be around the boards. There is SO much to learn about upkeep and repair on these bad boys. See y'all around.

Here's me and my ride.
http://img26.exs.cx/img26/7277/Car2.jpg

And from the back.
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/7149/Rear_Right.jpg

Adam
08-17-04, 02:45 AM
nice car man. welcome to the forum. :welcome: hey if ya aint doin nothin right now why not check out the general non model discussion and vote for the next possible Dub Caddy. like em or not we need some more votes, just pick a car ya like. well take care of that thing and see ya around.

ChristianV
08-17-04, 11:49 PM
@93fleetwoodlow. Thanks for the welcome man! Well I went over to non-general discussion to vote and I can't find it. Can you post a link?

Ralph
08-17-04, 11:55 PM
:welcome: That car is pristine! What's the overall mileage on the body if the engine was rebuilt? If you told me it's 33k orig. I'd believe it. ;)

ChristianV
08-18-04, 10:01 AM
@Ralph. Thanks for the props. I'm digging your Fleetwood. I REALLY want to buy a Broughman or a Fleetwood as my daily driver. Strictly Cadillac. But BLACK. I especially dig the late 80's style Broughman's. Friggin' Elegant.

I'm guessing the mileage would be a little over 100K. It was repainted which I think makes it look cleaner. The previous owner did do a seriously crappy job painting it. There was a lot of "overspray." I don't think they bothered to mask off or remove the chrome when they painted it in parts. I've spent many hours cleaning up the chrome with a rag, mineral spirits, and a lot of elbow grease. Also the white top needs some serious cleaning. Any product you would recommend? I want to bleach it somehow.

BeelzeBob
08-18-04, 11:07 AM
Welcome aboard, ChristianV. And thank you for signing up! For information on detailing, we've got a detailing section with lots of information.. Check it out.. Otherwise, your DeVille looks great! I know it turns lots of heads wherever you go. There's just something about a classic Cadillac in excellent condition..

I own a 95 Fleetwood Brougham - I love it! But I know what you mean about the late 80s Broughams.. I wanted one of those for years..

ChristianV
08-18-04, 12:29 PM
@Sal. Thanks for the shout out. Yeah, I saw your Broughman over at Car Domain. (I think I might have signed your guestbook. I'm "Italian_Style") You run a great site here. I can't believe how much information is available and how cool everyone here is.

Not to sound cheesy, but I seriously believe owning a Caddy puts me into a brotherhood rich in history and tradition. Every time I get a thumbs up from an old man I can't help but smile.

BeelzeBob
08-18-04, 01:02 PM
Yup, I'm Italian as well. :D And yes, I checked my page and you did sign my guest book. :) I'm really happy about how this place turned out. We had a lot of bumps along the way - but it's turned-out well. Better than I could have hoped for. We've really got a great group of people here and we're adding new, great people every day.

I hear ya on the Brotherhood.. The history and tradition continues to grow every day...

So what happened that made you move to Utah? Where in New York did you live?

ChristianV
08-18-04, 02:38 PM
@Sal. I don't think last names get any more Italian than "Collaziano." Well, maybe, mine's "Ventrello." I've finally fulfilled my Italian heritage and bought a Caddy though and I'm not going back anytime soon.

My family moved to Utah when I was 10 and I've been here ever since. I'm still going to college at the University of Utah and I've grown accustomed to the quieter, slower pace of life out here. Originally I'm from Long Island, Hicksville NY. I visit every summer though, I have a few friends in Manhattan but most of the family has migrated west. Are you a New Yawker?

Ralph
08-18-04, 03:05 PM
@Ralph. Thanks for the props. I'm digging your Fleetwood. I REALLY want to buy a Broughman or a Fleetwood as my daily driver. Strictly Cadillac. But BLACK. I especially dig the late 80's style Broughman's. Friggin' Elegant.

Mines smooth, but it cannot compare to the floatiness and smoothness of a RWD Broughm or Deville like yours. Weight and wheelbase are the "smooth" factors IMO. I had a 1991 Grand Marquis, and it was smooth/floaty, but the image of a Cadillac is onto itself.

BeelzeBob
08-18-04, 06:25 PM
Ventrello is about as Italian as they get, I'd say! Otherwise.. Hicksville was pretty close to me. I lived all over in Suffolk County.. I moved to West Palm Beach a couple of months ago...

RERM
08-19-04, 12:20 AM
That is a kick a.. car!!! Welcome!!!

ChristianV
08-19-04, 10:06 AM
@Rerm. Thanks for the kind words. This forum has treated me very good already. It's a friggin' wealth of information on everything Cadillac.

@Sal. Well it's pretty easy to figure out why you'd locate to West Palm Beach. I bet that is THE ideal town to cruise around in an old school Lac.

CADDYBLACK99
08-22-04, 03:13 PM
Welcome Christian!
Great 73' SDV! The early 70's are some of my favorites! Like Ralph say's smooth/floaty is the way to cruise! Thanks for jumping right in and helping with the "welcomes". I just got back from vacation so I am a llittle behind in my duties!

I've got you and Sal beat by one more vowel!...(BTW, I could reveal my last name.....but then I would have to.....bada-bing!)
Benvenuto!
Paul

ChristianV
08-23-04, 11:22 PM
@CaddyBlack. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll tell you what. NOTHING, and I repeat, nothing, looks better than an all Black Caddy with a black top. My ideal daily driver would be an 88 Broughman, Black. Your pic is small but I can tell it's a beutiful ride.

I'm really diggin' this site and let me tell you I am SO glad I bought that Caddy. In fact, I'm obsessed. I count down the days til payday so I can do more work on her. It's kinda sad really! :rolleyes:

STS 310
08-24-04, 10:56 AM
Nice ride my man. Welcome to the forums.