: 1996 Eldorado ETC Replaced struts and shocks once about to do it again.............

eldoradoescobar
02-27-10, 02:45 PM
I have a 1996 Cadillac Eldorado Etc. In 2005 I replaced my struts and shocks with boston suspension. First off let me say they have sucked ever since I put them in . I noticed almost no difference between the old shot ones and the new ones. That being said, they supposedly have a lifetime warranty on them I called awhile back and they said I would have to take them off and ship them in first, to get any kind of refund. Having only one car this is not an option. My question is if i decided to replace them again what should I buy?? I'm leaning towards Arnott but I am wary. Any Advice?

Cadillac_Phx
03-02-10, 09:30 AM
My 1994 Concours had the worst suspension. Everything was worn out so I replaced Front and rear Springs, Front & Rear sway bar links, Rear knuckle bushings, Radius Arm Bushings, Front Strut Mounts, The Front Struts Themselves, Rear Air shocks, & a couple of other bushings. The Struts & Air shocks are from Arnott, Everything else is AcDelco that I got on Rock Auto & some locally.

The ride felt better but NOT what I wanted, It's not even close the the original soft feeling & still feels harsh over some roads!!. I took it for alignment & they told me they couldn't align the rear because it was too low & my skirts were in the way. The tech. said he had done alignments on caddy's like mine before & that my rear should be 4" higher. He also notice two 1" plugs with an o-ring looking things that came w/ the rear air shocks that were zip tied to some lines. He said they looked like they're supposed to go with the air shocks to keep the air in & mabye that's why im sittin low.

So today I'm taking the concours back to THE CADI SHOP (My local Cadillac Only mechanic shop) to tell them to fix it. Im REALLY Fustrated & I'm REALLY hating cars right about now. I feel like just buying a Brand new one off the lot! No problems for 5 years........

sls2004
06-08-10, 09:26 PM
My 1994 Concours had the worst suspension. Everything was worn out so I replaced Front and rear Springs, Front & Rear sway bar links, Rear knuckle bushings, Radius Arm Bushings, Front Strut Mounts, The Front Struts Themselves, Rear Air shocks, & a couple of other bushings. The Struts & Air shocks are from Arnott, Everything else is AcDelco that I got on Rock Auto & some locally.

The ride felt better but NOT what I wanted, It's not even close the the original soft feeling & still feels harsh over some roads!!. I took it for alignment & they told me they couldn't align the rear because it was too low & my skirts were in the way. The tech. said he had done alignments on caddy's like mine before & that my rear should be 4" higher. He also notice two 1" plugs with an o-ring looking things that came w/ the rear air shocks that were zip tied to some lines. He said they looked like they're supposed to go with the air shocks to keep the air in & mabye that's why im sittin low.

So today I'm taking the concours back to THE CADI SHOP (My local Cadillac Only mechanic shop) to tell them to fix it. Im REALLY Fustrated & I'm REALLY hating cars right about now. I feel like just buying a Brand new one off the lot! No problems for 5 years........

What was the outcome after you took your car back?