Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Who's running a SPEC 3 or 3+

933 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rlj5 
#1 ·
Thinking of upgading. How's the chatter, engagement, pedal effort? Is it street friendly? 3+ is suppose to be SPEC's flagship "still streetable" clutch.
What flywheel are you running as well. I'm not sold on the 3 because it must be pretty grabby being a puck style, but I'd like to hear anyones experience.

Thanks to maxspeed for replying to my PM on this question

#2 ·
It drives great (3+) easy pedal, a little chatter if your revs are to low, but not much when you engage it correctly.f

The only problem me and one other guy had sticky shifting at WOT when shifting hard, I have learned to slow down my shifting.

It sucks when your trying to race or track and really want to shift fast. This is an uncommon problem and spec will replace clutch for free, but I havent wanted to pay for the labor.

#3 ·
Did they ever determine the cause of the sticky shift? Does the car not want to come out of gear right away?

#4 ·
It comes out of gear ok, but when you try to get it into the next gear it just wont go in. You have to let the revs drop and then it will go in....

THey never figured it out, but another guy got a replacement and it fixed it.

I tried the drill mod to the hydro line, and changing types of fluids, but that didnt change anything.

A few others on here I asked and they have not experienced the problem I have....

#7 ·
If You dump it at 5k & hook you'll take a lot more than 20k outa your diff..!!! :bomb:.........:helpless:

I'm on a spec 3+, No problems & feels great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.