Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  bneal1022 
#1 ·
I think everyone that has installed headers on the CTS-V and tell all of us that it is the best mod to do are sitting back ROTFL!!!!!!! This is a nightmare!! I would rather put a maggie on again. Driver side was easy, maybe 2 hours. Passenger side is hell!!!! My tuner said he would more than likely not use two of the o2 cencors. what 2 would he not use?

Remo

#4 ·
Headers are for wussies. Just ask all the guys that started the "I hate my heqaders" threads. :D

#5 ·
Nonsense... I was a virgin until I installed my headers. After the install I had my choice of women from the tri-county area. So I did what any thinking man would do... I went with the highest dowry.

Without my headers my village would have 3/4 less livestock.

That's why I chose Katech Headers!

#6 ·
There shouldn't be that much of a differance, but the LS2 guys seem to have more to do to mount headers then the LS6 guys.

I don't have to disconnect steering.

I have B&B's.

The car is up on ramps right now and I removed all the coil packs.

Tomorrow the headers are coming off and getting wrapped.

I am gonna insulate some wires also.

Shoulda done all that when I had it apart to do the clutch. :thepan:

A "rainy day" job.

Beer is your friend..........:alchi:

#8 ·
I'm guessing you have done this a couple of times rand.

Header install was a cake walk, try to change a flywheel in your garage.

A couple of the bolts next to the battery box are a bit painful but other than that it was easy. I found a nice tool to remove the plug boots so no problem with that either. I went with the B&B's, nice fit no leaks.

#11 ·
... I found a nice tool to remove the plug boots so no problem with that either ...
Highly recommended, especially if you've got hands like Rosy O'Donnell's.

My header install was no problem for me at all. I just paid the shop to do it and drank a Monster and watched TV. :D
I hope you got a nice paper cut when they handed your credit card receipt back to you. :thepan:

#14 ·
After doing much work on my Fbody, from spark plugs with stock manifolds to clutch to 383cu in. pull out, drop in. (all in my garage)... let me tell you, the V is like an open field, walk in the park, so much more room especially from the top. The ws6, half the motor is under the dash lip.

#19 ·
Ahahahha......

Think that is bad. Try changing headers on a Modular Ford. Now that is a PITA. Hell you dont even have to take the motor mounts loose. This car is a breeze to work on.

*edit* I shake my head at guys that pay to have work done. CC racers suck.

#20 ·
Ahahahha......
*edit* I shake my head at guys that pay to have work done. CC racers suck.

I wouldn't mind being in a position to just spend the money on something I wanted done, instead of DIM.

I like to think that I am gaining something besides reinforcing my "thrifty" side when I DIM.

Some people just don't have the time or ability or space

#33 ·
You guys will like this one.

So.....

Everything got bolted back up and I start it up.

Looked like it caught on fire after about three minutes! :eek:

Burned off all the crap that was in the wrap and sprayed on the wrap.

Bought knocked me over with the fumes.

Is fine now, but if your gonna wrap your headers make sure you ventilate it well when you first start it.

COUGH COUGH

#34 ·
Wow. I always wondered if that would happen with these header wraps, but since no one ever mentioned it, I assumed it didn't. When the smoke clears let us know if you see lower engine temps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.