Cadillac Owners Forum banner
18K views 149 replies 39 participants last post by  enavarro2403 
#1 ·
On *************** is seems that someone just ordered a set of these pacesetter headers. Not sure if any sponsors sell them so you can look here for the coated and uncoated versions.
http://www.sfxperformance.com/vehicles/Cadillac-CTS.asp

not sure on the fitment, but for the price even coated it might be worth some people giving a shot.

aside from having to make or buy mid pipes this is a good deal.

#2 ·
Wow, I was just making a post about these. I do in fact sell them and we have installed their headers on a few GTO's. They work great and make good power! Alex, one of our employee's here has a ls1 GTO and did the Pacesetter headers. He gained about 22whp with just the headers without tuning.

415.00 shipped without Armor coating (Standard Black Coating Shown Below)
615.00 shipped with Armor coating

#3 ·
The ad indicates that the headers are made from 16-gauge carbon steel "which provides greater durability than light gauge stainless steel". I find that statement problematic - it may be true, but inaccurate. Carbon steel rusts, and coated carbon steel often rusts without detection.

#4 ·
Hence the price difference from Kooks or BB.

#10 ·
Okay guys, I rarely and I mean rarely buy anything spontaneously... but this time something said just do it!

No flamming please.

After talking to Mike @ SFXperformance.com (he was very helpful), I said to myself for 333.22 shipped to my door (uncoated) I can't go too wrong. This is of course if everything fits and works out as advertised.

Since getting my V I've always wanted headers but coughing up 1200+ is tough to swallow. Anyway they are due to ship late next week and I'll keep you guys posted.:thumbsup:

John

#12 ·
In for results.

#13 ·
No sweat, btw these babies will be mated upto my B&B cat back which I also got at a steal.... used off of this forum. Anyway I can't wait, next up is a DD cam and tuning software (I have a thing for tuning my own cars :sneaky: ).

Mods so far:
Volant CAI
B&B cat-back w/ resonator
Pacesetter headers w/o cats....coming up.

#32 · (Edited)
Seems like some of us are being a bit pretentious about our vehicles, perhaps even delusional. I thought the V was primarily intended to be a great driving car (even a track day car), not a country club poser. The V is a fantastic performance car, but it does not achieve a level of performance from cutting edge sophistication, but pure brute force (which is part of what makes it so fun to drive). I think it's the decision to install headers that changes the car's character (for the better IMHO), not the composition of the metal.

I wonder if the thicker metal would cut down on the valve train noise that is often reported with the current SST headers.

#37 ·
luxury sedans which can be picked up for 15k, its all relative.. lets wait for pics and first hand comments before we start claiming that cheap mild steel headers will cheapen this luxury sedan.. These will most likely sound exactly like every other kooks setup..

#43 · (Edited)
The point is the car is not a social status emblem like it once was. Things get out dated and depreciate to the point were anybody can buy them. Not everybody makes enough money to buy the high end parts. The more affordable this car becomes, the more you see affordable parts for it. I don't think anybody is here to downplay the V but it's just the reality of our situation. Be realistic guys! It's not a 50k dollar car anymore.

#47 ·
The price difference depending on when you buy isn't quite that much between a comparable set of the the Pacesetter's and Kooks. The steel headers have about 3-4x more heat conduction than un-coated SS headers. To be comparable at the very least I would have the thermal barrier coated which will probably run in the $200-250 range.

So to have a comparable steel header you would be looking at around $550-600(coated) + $150-250 for connection pipes. That is only comparable in regards to heat conduction. You will still have a difference in primary length and collector design.

I got my Kooks 1-7/8" headers w' connection pipes on sale for about $950 to my door.

The gains with having equal length primaries and a better collector design will most likely be negligible in this application. But there will definitely be an increase of heat in the engine compartment if they are not thermal barrier coated. This over some time will lead to brittle wiring and probably some motor mount cooking.

If these were around when I had my V(before I bought Kooks) I probably would have purchased them instead because I would have saved the money of having someone fabricate connection pipes and I can get a pretty good deal on thermal coating. If I had to pay someone else to fab the connection pipes and pay full price for coating I would just shell out the $200-300 more for SS headers.

G
#52 ·
Waiting for a review as well......and not wanting to read the constant shit talking about why people shouldnt buy cheaper mods if they cant afford high end stuff. i personally could careless about the cocky opinions of half the people on this board who think they are better then everyone. We all own these cars, cant speak for everyone but I work full time and even if i dont make 50k+ a year, its my money.....my car.....and my decision. so lets get back on topic about fitment, quality, and power.

#53 ·
Anybody know how good the coating on the pacetters are? Just curious, because I am strongly considering purchasing a set and cant decide to buy the painted ones and get them jet-hot coated or buy the already coated ones. Like the post before me, I to dont give a care about unloading all of my hard earned money on a set of headers if a $400.00 set will get me comparable output results so please save the you cant put "cheap" headers on a V speech. Any info greatly appreciated.

#54 · (Edited)
I have used the coated pacesetters on the F-bods and they hold up just fine, most of the time the car is changed before the headers wear out....
I would not get the painted version, the paint burns off instantly b/c it is just a paint to ship the headers.

how much extra 'work' are people with the V are willing to do for a 'cheaper' set of headers, b/c these will only be headers, connecting pipes with or without Cats would have to be fabricated. is this something V owners are willing to do for a $600 set of headers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.