: Help on choosing an Escalade

chesca
02-25-10, 11:22 AM
Just found 2 Escalades on dealer's lot.

1. 2007 certified Escalade, 35.5k miles, nav, DVD, moonroof, asking $39.8k.

2. 2008 Escalade (non-certified), 26.5k miles, new tires, NO nav, NO DVD, has moonroof, asking $39.9k.

I like the 2007's color, but it is not the major thing which could affect my purchase.
Is there any big difference between 07 and 08 models?

Need advice, thanks.

uncletony76
02-25-10, 12:18 PM
I was in the same boat 6 months ago when searching for an Escalade ESV. Personal Opinion if you are going to spend that much money get the 07 simply because it is certified. Icing on the cake is that the 07 you mentioned has the Nav and DVD and all the extras. The certified used warranty has already paid dividends for me. New battery replaced free under warranty, new control arms replaced free under warranty, and the wire that connects to the rear defrost came off (common issue) but still it was replaced free under warranty. These are all things i could have fixed myself but by choosing to buy an escalade with the certified used warranty i saved myself time and money by not having to pay for or do any of these repairs mysefl. Again just one guys opinion but totally worth it if you ask me.

Neoex
02-25-10, 12:34 PM
My advice would be to check the in-service date on the 2007, a lot of the 07s were inservice in early 06 (mine was may 31,2006) meaning the warranty is about to be up.

I paid 35.9 for my 2007 in march of 2009, 18k miles, loaded dvd/nav/26" wheels, everything but moving running baords and climate package. I shopped for a couple monthes, I think you can find a better deal.

Re: uncletony, I don't know what the difference in certified vs uncertified is but no matter what happens who owns, who certifies, they carry 4 year bumper to bumper or 50k miles.

I did not buy my from a Cadillac dealership and they have replaced my battery under the factory warranty, even though I admitted to draining it 5 or 6 times. They have replaced faded molding on all my doors, replaced badging, anything that I have questioned, they have replaced.

If I had a choice I would go with the 07, just because of the NAV and DVD. Happy Hunting

chesca
02-25-10, 12:58 PM
For my understanding, certified Cady has 6 yr/100k mile B-B warranty from the in-service day. The 2007 one has inservice day of August/2007 (I saw this from Autocheck, but need to confirm with dealer).

$35.9k for a 07 loaded Lade with 18k miles is a really good deal. It is hard to find the similar one here, I saw a 07 Escalade with 36k mile but no NAV and DVD for $36.9k, but it is not a certified one. I heard that GMC has 1.9% apr for a certified Cady now, which could save couple thousand bucks if doing financing.

Neoex
02-25-10, 01:13 PM
1.9% on a used car is insane! I thought I was doing good by getting 4.75%

chesca
02-25-10, 01:50 PM
Saw this from Cadillac website.

Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Special Offers
Now's the time to get into a Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac, with rates as low as 1.9% APR for well qualified buyers. See your dealer today for details.
Length of contract limited. Take delivery by 3/31/2010. See dealer for details.

IDL
02-25-10, 01:59 PM
The certified financing rates increase with the length of the loan. The 60 month is 3.9%, still a good deal.

I am new to this forum and looking for an 07. It's my understanding the 6yr/100K certified warranty is not an extension of the B-B new car warranty. What are the opinions of buying a non-certified and purchasing a GM extended warranty? I have a GMPP on my 06 Denali (26K miles) and it will save me from the cost of 2 new hubs being installed this weekend.

vfjdesign
02-25-10, 02:13 PM
Of those 2 I would go with the 07--unless the service date of 08 was in 09--I lucked out and got an 08 EXT (bought in Jan 2010) that wasn't put into svc until March of 09 only 9500 miles not a certified car but loaded everything but rear set for a little over 43k. I wanted a certified but could not find one in my area and since the warranty was still in effect for a while I went with it. Good luck.

chesca
02-25-10, 02:45 PM
Another question, Gold Mist and Red color, which one do you like better?

chesca
02-25-10, 02:52 PM
Is GMPP warranty better than certified warranty?

helicopterpilotdoug
02-26-10, 02:33 PM
To me the certified one would be the way to go. If you like one of the 08's better, I'd ask the dealership to certify it. Here is a link to the Certified program.
http://www.cadillac.com/cpo-benefits/

silverws6ta
02-26-10, 10:28 PM
Just found 2 Escalades on dealer's lot.

I like the 2007's color, but it is not the major thing which could affect my purchase.
QUOTE]

Certified would be up in the air; You can always purchase a GMPP if you can negotiate them down a little bit on price you can come out better with the NAV and DVD as others have said.

[QUOTE=Neoex;2161068]My advice would be to check the in-service date on the 2007, a lot of the 07s were inservice in early 06 (mine was may 31,2006) meaning the warranty is about to be up.

Re: uncletony, I don't know what the difference in certified vs uncertified is but no matter what happens who owns, who certifies, they carry 4 year bumper to bumper or 50k miles.

If I had a choice I would go with the 07, just because of the NAV and DVD. Happy Hunting

Agreed -- A late inservice date will be worth its weight --

Of those 2 I would go with the 07--unless the service date of 08 was in 09--I lucked out and got an 08 EXT (bought in Jan 2010) that wasn't put into svc until March of 09 only 9500 miles not a certified car but loaded everything but rear set for a little over 43k. I wanted a certified but could not find one in my area and since the warranty was still in effect for a while I went with it. Good luck.

I purchased a new '08 EXT last June for 44k (that was with ALL incentives) so that was a very respectable purchase -- and the fact that we have warranties until 2013/2014 is even better!

Is GMPP warranty better than certified warranty?

GMPP is very comparable -- it depends on when the GMPP is purchased and what kind of deal you get on it.

To me the certified one would be the way to go. If you like one of the 08's better, I'd ask the dealership to certify it. Here is a link to the Certified program.
http://www.cadillac.com/cpo-benefits/

They can certify for less than 1k -- The rest is just PROFIT!