: baseline dyno

johncurrancampbell
02-23-10, 08:59 AM
Hello to all
Here is another baseline dyno for a bone stock 2009 auto. I don;t yet know how to get the dyno sheets on the page but will work on it. The first pull was 473.78HP and 481.04TQ these went up to 494.75HP and 482.00TQ with a K&N filter but no tune. The car has 5300 miles and the machine is a dynajet. Mods ongoing include: 2.55 upper and 8.5" lower pulley, LPE ported and polished LSA cylinder heads, LPE ported supercharger inlet, ported throttle body, custom cai with heat shield, cam-215/230 @.050 .631/.644 LSA 118, tune, upgraded injectors, iconel exhaust valves,:cloud9: straight exhaust with high flow cats (no headers planned at this time) Also a 160 T, heat exchanger and TCM tune. Andy at ADM will also lower it 1.25 inches though i'm am unsure of the spring vendor at this time. Needless to say I am giddy and the wife is once again left shaking her head wondering why. Will post as thingsa go along. Thanks to all the good forum memebers for pioneering these builds so I don't have to be the guinea pig!

CTSV4now
02-23-10, 11:00 AM
Wow, those are pretty high numbers for a bone stock auto.

Are those SAE corrected?

Gary Wells
02-23-10, 11:24 AM
Congratulations, those are great dyno #'s and are basically in about the median of manual tranny territory dyno #'s. I also would like to know what state the dyno pulls were in and was that SAE corrected?

neuronbob
02-23-10, 11:45 AM
+3 on SAE correction
I think those are the best bone stock automatic numbers I've seen on this site. If the numbers check out, maybe you have a factory freak? :D

Ross L
02-23-10, 12:06 PM
21 rwhp with just a factory replacement K&N. What gives? Great numbers thought!

johncurrancampbell
02-23-10, 01:07 PM
I can't yet figure out how to appropriately file the dyno image so this server will accept it. The top of the dyno sheet says CF: SAE SMOOTHING: 5 whatever that is.

Gary Wells
02-23-10, 01:35 PM
I can't yet figure out how to appropriately file the dyno image so this server will accept it. The top of the dyno sheet says CF: SAE SMOOTHING: 5 whatever that is.
CF: Correction Factor: (SAE)
SAE Society of Automotive Engineers
Smoothing: # 5: One of several smoothing curve templates that sort of straighten out the line so that it is more linear. The smoothing is only visual in nature as shown of the dyno chart and does not change the numbers or values. JMHO though.

Vrocks
02-23-10, 02:24 PM
Great numbers. My car "only" put down 501 and 530ft lbs at the wheels with a 9" pulley on a stock tune.

It's going to be a monster after those mods are on it.

johncurrancampbell
02-23-10, 02:29 PM
Thanks
The car was dynoed in Lewisville TX. Hopefully it will be done this friday. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the interest

DiamondWhtV
02-23-10, 02:53 PM
Thanks
The car was dynoed in Lewisville TX. Hopefully it will be done this friday. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the interest

Hey John...I live in Lewisville...where are you going to get the dyno. Would be curious what my stock 2010 auto does.

whisler151
02-23-10, 02:56 PM
Thanks

Hey John...I live in Lewisville...where are you going to get the dyno. Would be curious what my stock 2010 auto does.

Was it at Quality Motorsports or HPP?

whisler151
02-23-10, 03:08 PM
Double post

richeic77
02-23-10, 03:45 PM
Oh. What shop in the DFW area. I can tell you if that's the high dyno'ing dyno in the area that's usually WAY up and over the others or if it's very legit. Either way, baselines are baselines. Just use it for calulating potential power increases and AF ratios. After that, the #'s are all games. My car went 468RWHP SAE corrected for density on 1 dyno. Another dyno I KNOW is more correct/conservative it just did 451RWHP. Putting in the CAI and K&N picked up 18 RWHP. So it's a definite worthwhile mod.

Only way to really tell if the Dyno #'s are full of shit or not, is to run it and check out the MPH to see what kind of power it's making.

johncurrancampbell
02-23-10, 05:23 PM
Interesting, the shop is ADM performance. Andy Mages is the owner. He did a good build on my 2001 zo6 while he was working at 21st century musclecars

Gary Wells
02-23-10, 07:53 PM

I am also curious, please post up the info when you get it.