: Help the Site

txbest1980
02-23-10, 08:14 AM
i know i havent been around here as long as some of you have, but i do value this website just as much as some of your old timers. i have been noticing the site has been running slower lately and i know Sal is working his best and i have read is message about this as well. i try my best to donate when i can, and i know some of ya'll do as well. and i know that not everybody can contribute with these tough financial times. but i have a suggestion to maybe try and help Sal out. i know damn near all of us have order an item or two off of ebay. and one ebay seller (Big Daddy Caddy a.k.a. cadillacjjf) in particular who all have run across his items. i have emailed him several times giving him links to our forum and asking him to become a vendor over here, because i think he will make some money if he comes over here. i believe if more of us send him emails asking him to come and check us out and become a vendor, then that can help Sal out on the cost...

just a thought, and i hope that some people will actually consider doing this to help save the site. i would hate for Sal to lose this site eventually and for us not be able to come to a forum and share ideas with each other as well.

if anybody else has suggestions, please add them and maybe we can come up with a way to help Sal out more

Lord Cadillac
02-23-10, 12:12 PM
Thank you very much! I appreciate you trying to help.. I can say, however, that this site isn't going anywhere. I intend to run this place until the day I die (believe me, I've had plenty of offers to buy and I've turned them all down). The difference between me and other forum owners is I HAVE an excellent career - this isn't it. So don't worry about ever losing what we've got here. The ONLY issue I see happening is what we're going through right now - at times - very slow page-loading. We're getting ready to do a server upgrade that SHOULD fix the problem. Sometimes these issues are difficult to diagnose - just like when you bring in a car and have to fix several things before actually getting to the problem. So, we're doing our best and we'll be taking our first shot at fixing the speed issue within the next 24-48 hours. As noted in the Announcements area, there will be approximately 30 minutes of down time either very late at night or very early in the morning...

Thanks again! :)

Stingroo
02-23-10, 12:22 PM
A lot of the problems recently, I'd bet, are because of the auto show and people loading boatloads of pics.

And I'm going to grab my supporting member title back. :)

Riiiight now.

Heh... new badge. Sweeeeet. :thumbsup:

Lord Cadillac
02-23-10, 12:27 PM
A lot of the problems recently, I'd bet, are because of the auto show and people loading boatloads of pics.

And I'm going to grab my supporting member title back. :)

Riiiight now.

Heh... new badge. Sweeeeet. :thumbsup:
Thank you!

Stingroo
02-23-10, 12:33 PM
Anytime. I love this place, no matter what I end up driving. CF FTW!

77CDV
02-23-10, 12:34 PM
Sometimes these issues are difficult to diagnose - just like when you bring in a car and have to fix several things before actually getting to the problem.

OMG! The site was designed by Toyota?!?:duck::hide:

Submariner409
02-23-10, 12:38 PM
Sal, We all bitch and scream, but nobody's going away - hang in there. It ain't easy being an Internet punching bag.................:want:

Stingroo
02-23-10, 12:38 PM
:histeric:

POTD by Craig.

EDIT: Hmm... how do I put an avatar up? I totally can't figure this out, lol

txbest1980
02-23-10, 02:05 PM
no problem Sal. and i appreciate your dedication to the site. i, like stingroo, upgraded my membership this morning as well. i hope this current server fix you are doing does the trick, i dont know how long i can go without this site...lol

also, i was suggesting people email the individual ebay seller to become a vendor, because we may be able to get discounts on some of his items as well if he came over and got a lot of business from us

Stingroo
02-23-10, 02:07 PM
^ I think I would go crazy after a few days, honestly. Too much LOLworthy material on CF to go without.

txbest1980
02-23-10, 02:08 PM
:yeah: agreed

MacMuse
02-24-10, 08:51 PM
Hmm... how do I put an avatar up? I totally can't figure this out, lol

Click 'User CP' in the blue bar of links just down from the top of every page. The look for the 'Edit Avatar' in the left column toward the bottom.

ga_etc
02-24-10, 08:53 PM
Good news indeed Sal. It's nice to know that, come what may, neither you nor the site is going anywhere. It wouldn't be the same without you at the helm.

Stingroo
02-24-10, 09:34 PM
Click 'User CP' in the blue bar of links just down from the top of every page. The look for the 'Edit Avatar' in the left column toward the bottom.

Muchas gracias!

Lord Cadillac
02-25-10, 10:24 AM
Good news indeed Sal. It's nice to know that, come what may, neither you nor the site is going anywhere. It wouldn't be the same without you at the helm.
Well, thank you! :)