: Went for a drive in Chad's Buick. I recorded it.

Jesda
02-22-10, 10:32 PM
YouTube- Chad's 2000 Buick Regal GS, Brief drive

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-22-10, 10:37 PM
Cool video! Didn't even know you did that! Glad you liked it!!

eyekandyboats.inc
02-22-10, 10:53 PM
that volume nob is cool! haha so weird. i wonder why they did that

Florian
02-22-10, 11:00 PM
did you at least fart in the seat?

F

gdwriter
02-22-10, 11:11 PM
I drove (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/178886-quick-impressions-00-regal-gs-90-a.html) Chad's GS back in August and was also impressed. That supercharged 3800 has a lot of grunt, and when the transmission is in Performance mode, downshifts are like, right now.

thebigjimsho
02-22-10, 11:46 PM
Jesda sounds American. I thought he was furrin...

Jesda
02-22-10, 11:51 PM
Jesda sounds American. I thought he was furrin...

Definitely furry

itschrome
02-23-10, 01:24 AM
I always liked the SC3.8, almost bought an old rivera a few years back. But i never tuly loved the SC3.8 till i drove a last gen GS. IF i could find one worth the money people ask for them id buy one in a heart beat! so jealous you got to toy around in one...

Jesda
02-23-10, 02:39 AM
The supercharged Regals on CL at the moment have high miles or high prices. It'll be a while until they come down to "throwaway" money prices, unfortunately.

ben.gators
02-23-10, 03:47 AM
Yeah, Regal rocks! I owned a Regal before, although it was LS, still it was a very amazing car! I wonder why some times people in this forum underestimate them!

Here is a photo from the last moments of my Regal LS, this was one of my saddest days of my life, when I put that "For Sale" tag on it! RIP Baby:(
http://i47.tinypic.com/foeww9.jpg

ben.gators
02-23-10, 03:51 AM
that volume nob is cool! haha so weird. i wonder why they did that

The reason for motorizing the sound knob is it has a Max and Min on it, so when the driver adjusts the sound by use of steering wheel controls, knob must follow and track it to be in the correct place relative to the Min, and Max sound levels.

LS1Mike
02-23-10, 11:56 AM
The reason for motorizing the sound knob is it has a Max and Min on it, so when the driver adjusts the sound by use of steering wheel controls, knob must follow and track it to be in the correct place relative to the Min, and Max sound levels.

What is funny is my 2000 Trans Am does not do that. It is all electronic.
the Knob dosen't move.

Pretty good review Jesda,
I must say I am suprised you like the brakes. Mine were good when I bought it but I upgraded to front F-body LS1 brakes. Stops really nice now.
I would agree with the handling. It is a bit soft, but perdictable.
I have added a 3.4 inch pulley (stock is 3.8) which upped the boost, shift kit, tranny cooler, CAI, and 1.8 roller rockers. Still real smooth tooling around but when you lay into you can feel the Tranny shift and know the car is capable of running 13's in the 1/4. Wish you could take mine for a spin.

Maybe Gary will the next time he is up. I already promised he could drive the Trans Am.

Having said that I thing the Regal and the Regal GS was an underrated forgotten car. In 97 when it came out people would have rather had a
Poo Poo Camry which really is just not as nice of a car.

gdwriter
02-23-10, 12:24 PM
Maybe Gary will the next time he is up. I already promised he could drive the Trans Am.You bet; I'd enjoy that. And you can take Betty for a spin.

Checked the Bremerton Elks Club Web site (http://www.elkscarshow.com/about.php) and the date for this year's show is July 17, so unless it's not a good weekend to visit my friends in Silverdale, I'll be there.

LS1Mike
02-23-10, 12:29 PM
Hey I can always put you up in the 5th Wheel, that thing has a full bath, oak cabinets, A/C and lots of Privacy!
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3831/4841266531.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-23-10, 06:40 PM
It's amazing how much attention a GTP draws to it's owner, and how the GS is the exact opposite.

Jesda
02-23-10, 08:08 PM
I must say I am suprised you like the brakes. Mine were good when I bought it but I upgraded to front F-body LS1 brakes.

The brakes on my STS are a bit wooden, and wooden is then followed by spongy. The lines are three years old and the fluid is fresh, but when I had the rear wheels off I noticed that the stock rotors were pathetically small. Upgrade time.

orconn
02-23-10, 08:14 PM
Given that the Regal/Century comes in so many iterations from the school principal and upward reaching teacher's Century to the enthusiasts's Regal GS the body style covers a broad spectrum of performance and price. So when the usual car ignorant on looker sees the body type he/she thinks old ladies car like my Aunt Elsie drives to school every work day. This is what makes the Regal GS such a great sleeper, it can only be differentiated from its' tamer and less costly cousins by close inspection. Even law enforcement is hard pressed to identify it at a glance! The fact that it is more comfortable and well appointed gradually wins over all but the most stupid or terminally image conscious girls.

ben.gators
02-24-10, 12:39 AM
What is funny is my 2000 Trans Am does not do that. It is all electronic.
the Knob dosen't move.

Yeah, my new car, STS, does not do that either, my Seville has a knob that can be turned left or right for infinite times, so there is no need for automatic adjustment of knob by motor!

Having said that I thing the Regal and the Regal GS was an underrated forgotten car. In 97 when it came out people would have rather had a
Poo Poo Camry which really is just not as nice of a car.

100% right. When I was in Florida, I was in a group of friends that they own all of the garbage cars of that era that are famous to be nice cars!!!!
1- Camry 1999
2- Corolla 2000
3- Civic 2000
4- Altima 1999
5- Avalon 1998
6- Accord 1996

And they all were so proud of their junk cars that always blame me for buying the Buick Regal! I have driven all of their cars, and I can say that all of them without any exception were a piece of @$#% in comparison to my Regal, specially that stupid looking Altima!
The class of Regal, in terms of options, power and speed, handling, comfort, and even elegance is at least two or three levels higher than those cars!

ben.gators
02-24-10, 01:36 AM
It's amazing how much attention a GTP draws to it's owner, and how the GS is the exact opposite.

Regal is called "A wolf in sheep's clothing"! There are some other cars that I call them "A sheep in Wolf's clothing"! As an example Dodge Charger Base model! I prefer the first case, since me and the people that can understand know what is the fact!:rolleyes:

ben.gators
02-24-10, 02:02 AM
Given that the Regal/Century comes in so many iterations from the school principal and upward reaching teacher's Century to the enthusiasts's Regal GS the body style covers a broad spectrum of performance and price. So when the usual car ignorant on looker sees the body type he/she thinks old ladies car like my Aunt Elsie drives to school every work day. This is what makes the Regal GS such a great sleeper, it can only be differentiated from its' tamer and less costly cousins by close inspection. Even law enforcement is hard pressed to identify it at a glance! The fact that it is more comfortable and well appointed gradually wins over all but the most stupid or terminally image conscious girls.

Yes, Buick is wrongly known as the old gandma's Car. About Century I even think it is a good car in its own level too, not as good as Regal GS, but better than its competitors in that price range. I agree with you that the similarity between Century and Regal is not very good, but it can not reduce the reputation of GS so much!

Stingroo
02-24-10, 07:36 AM
I like the GS honestly. And the Riviera that came before it. Both 3800 S/C cars that are great looking and luxurious. I dig the Riviera's wild interior though. It's sweet. :)

thebigjimsho
02-24-10, 06:15 PM
Still wish my father held onto his '68 GS400 convertible. Dubbed the Greek Sport...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-24-10, 07:14 PM
My uncle had a '68 GS350.