: Goodbye Escalade :(

TSS
02-22-10, 10:24 AM
Well folks, I was able to pull ahead a few months early on my lease so I am turning the Lade in today. It has been a great vehicle and I truly enjoyed driving it and sharing my experinces with all of you. I thought about buying it out, but ultimately decided against it, even though it was probably on target or even a little below market ($36,400.00 2007 27800 miles; no NAV; Chrome 18s/roof/cooled seats).

After many SUVs, I am going back to a car, and I think my wife will be getting into an SRX in the Fall to replace her SLS. I picked up one of the last 09 Impala SS made. I have always liked them as incedible sleepers, and prices were really reasonable. I got it from a dealer certified. It is a fun fun car to drive, but know I will miss the Lade in many ways too.

If anybody is near me in Lansing MI, PM me, I have a lot of "stuff" that I don't need anymore like high end mats, airfilters, extra silver hitch cover, unlocked preditor, etc. I don't want to go through the hassle of listing and shipping, and I am not looking to make any money. Just looking for somebody who needs any of it locally.

I will continue to lurk here I am sure (plus we still have the SLS and potentially an SRX in the Fall) . It is a great forum and site - keep it going strong!

Todd

PreachRR
02-22-10, 10:57 AM
Sorry to see you go Todd.. But good luck with the new monte and who knows you may one day be back in the Lade saddle!

TSS
03-02-10, 09:02 AM
I cannot believe that nobody in MI wants some free Lade stuff. New OEM air filter ; black GM rubber Escalade logo winter mats; silver hitch cover; 08+ like new fob etc. :confused:

Big Windy Ext
03-02-10, 05:53 PM
Put it in a box and send it over here !!:thumbsup:

TSS
03-03-10, 08:21 AM
Put it in a box and send it over here !!:thumbsup:

You are only in Illinois. Drive a few hours and come watch a Michigan State game and pick it all up! I want it out of my basement and don't really want to throw it all out. I found a home for the really good stuff already with a member here.

Actually, I just have the air filter, hitch cover, fob, Rubber all weather GM Logo mats left. And amazingly, the 08+ fob actually works on my 09 Impala SS. Of course only the lock/unlock/ remote start work. No matter how hard I push, I cannot get the rear window to pop open with the fob. Nice to have an extra in case I lock my keys in the car. However, if somebody really wants it, PM me and I will trade for the 07 fob - makes no difference to me, but perhaps will help a fellow forum member out.

Big Windy Ext
03-03-10, 08:35 AM
I have a similiar problem , weather guard mats , bra , extended mirrors and some other stuff from my lemoned 99 Suburban , been in my garage since 2000 .

BWatkins
03-03-10, 01:38 PM
Just pulled mine ahead too. Got into a 2010 Tahoe LTZ. No Escalase deals out there, dudes. Hard times.

corvette00
03-03-10, 02:17 PM
where are you located, I may be interested in the mats

hcvone
03-03-10, 02:34 PM
Just pulled mine ahead too. Got into a 2010 Tahoe LTZ. No Escalase deals out there, dudes. Hard times.

Hi guys, don't believe the no deal on Escalade thing, with all the snow in the northeast, the dealers are really dealing, just picked up a 2010 standard Escalade in black ice, listed for $72605.00, paid under 59k, and got 40k trade in on my last 07' with 13k miles on it with the sales tax difference. They are dealing if they have them sitting on the lot. Love you guys. :)

Merc
03-03-10, 04:01 PM
hcvone, that is nice to hear and nice to see you back on this forum.

hcvone
03-03-10, 04:34 PM
hcvone, that is nice to hear and nice to see you back on this forum.

Thanks :) Just stopping in to let any buyer know there are great deals. Craig, can't PM, I guess I can not be trusted with that, I will try to check in a month, going on a tour. :)

TSS
03-04-10, 08:42 AM
where are you located, I may be interested in the mats

East Lansing/Lansing

evois
03-04-10, 09:33 AM
Hi guys, don't believe the no deal on Escalade thing, with all the snow in the northeast, the dealers are really dealing, just picked up a 2010 standard Escalade in black ice, listed for $72605.00, paid under 59k, and got 40k trade in on my last 07' with 13k miles on it with the sales tax difference. They are dealing if they have them sitting on the lot. Love you guys. :)

whoa! nice to see you back! are they dealing with escalade hybrids too?

fierodough
03-04-10, 09:50 AM
If anybody is near me in Lansing MI, PM me, I have a lot of "stuff" that I don't need anymore like high end mats, airfilters, extra silver hitch cover, unlocked preditor, etc. I don't want to go through the hassle of listing and shipping, and I am not looking to make any money. Just looking for somebody who needs any of it locally.

Todd

Will the Preditor work on a 2006 Escalade? 6.0L. I will be In Detroit next week. PM me what you want for it.

Cheers!

roccos_van
03-04-10, 02:36 PM
Thanks :) Just stopping in to let any buyer know there are great deals. Craig, can't PM, I guess I can not be trusted with that, I will try to check in a month, going on a tour. :)

Dude! LOL I was just casually reading this thread thinking of what message to give to Todd....haha its good to see you here Carl.

TODD! YOU WILL BE BACK! YOU CANNOT RESIST THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!!! :jedi:

TSS
03-04-10, 04:26 PM
Will the Preditor work on a 2006 Escalade? 6.0L. I will be In Detroit next week. PM me what you want for it.

Cheers!

No, it will not work.

Also, just so mods are clear , I am not tryting to get in any back door to sell things here. If somebody comes to me (Lansing) for the rubber GM mats/silver hitch cover/ air filter/ wants to trade an 07 for an 08 fob with me = no cost. I just want those remaining things to go to a good home.

Preditor/Lloyds mats (the really good stuff) has been taken already anyway so that issue is moot.

TSS
03-04-10, 04:30 PM
Dude! LOL I was just casually reading this thread thinking of what message to give to Todd....haha its good to see you here Carl.

TODD! YOU WILL BE BACK! YOU CANNOT RESIST THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!!! :jedi:

Who knows, maybe I will. My wife has hinted that if I want to get back into a Lade, she really really likes the SS and would be happy driving that too (instead of an 08-09 SRX - which is planned for her for the Fall). I don't see that (me giving up the SS) happening , but if it does, I guess I will be back on here buying all my old stuff back! :eek:

hcvone
03-05-10, 10:25 AM
Who knows, maybe I will. My wife has hinted that if I want to get back into a Lade, she really really likes the SS and would be happy driving that too (instead of an 08-09 SRX - which is planned for her for the Fall). I don't see that (me giving up the SS) happening , but if it does, I guess I will be back on here buying all my old stuff back! :eek:

Hi Todd, I just replaced all my new style FOB's with the old style, the parts guy at our local Chevy dealership gave me a handful for no charge, it seems like everyone is getting rid of the old round style and replaceing them with the rectangle one, with my keys the newer style bangs around while driving too much. How is the SS?

TSS
03-05-10, 11:41 AM
Hi Todd, I just replaced all my new style FOB's with the old style, the parts guy at our local Chevy dealership gave me a handful for no charge, it seems like everyone is getting rid of the old round style and replaceing them with the rectangle one, with my keys the newer style bangs around while driving too much. How is the SS?

It is the old style standard round fob. It fits well in the pocket, no logo markings at all, just like the OEM pre-08 Lade Fobs. Has lock/unlock/trunk/remote start/panic. Like I said above, the larger 08+ Cadillac logo fob I still have is more of a pain to me now, as I would trade it for the old style so my "extra" third fob for the SS is smaller. I keep it (the square Lade extra one that I programmed to the SS) in the house attached to the back of our headboard (with a few other choice security items :thehand: ) , as an emergency panic alarm to make even more noise and chaos in addition to the house alarm in case of an emergency.

hcvone
03-05-10, 12:04 PM
Let me see how many of the ones they gave me work, already found two that don't, but I was warned about that. I will let you know and send you a few if I have any extra when we get home. :)

TSS
03-06-10, 08:29 PM
^^ Cool - thanks. Maybe hold it though, and let me know when you get back and I can just have you include it with my next Zaino order! Going to need some more leather conditioner and possibly some Z2. :yup:

Got a PM, and if legit, I plan to pay for shipping for the 08 fob to a military member here . I figure he protects us and our great Country - the least I can do is give him a fob, right? :patriot:

TSS
03-06-10, 08:39 PM
Don't know what happened, but I lost the PM. Whoever emailed me from the military, PM me again with your email address, branch, and mailing address. If I recieve same, I will get the fob out to you. No worries about paypal, the fob is on me....(and also HCVONE). Thanks for serving.

c5 rv
03-11-10, 11:34 AM
Todd, if you end up buying a 1st gen SRX, I have a GM cargo barrier and winter floor mats you can have. I screwed up and left the cargo mat in the car when I returned it.

TSS
03-11-10, 01:14 PM
Todd, if you end up buying a 1st gen SRX, I have a GM cargo barrier and winter floor mats you can have. I screwed up and left the cargo mat in the car when I returned it.

Thanks Greg. She really liked my 06 SRX. I would am going to try to sway her to a CPO 2010 when the time comes, but of course will get her what she wants.

fivepix
03-11-10, 04:48 PM
Yes this image is old; I think GM cancelled any plans to change the body of the escalade before the all that auto industry stuff happened. I havenít heard if they will any time soon.