: CTS-V Shift knob picture

bobs-sts-v
02-21-10, 09:57 PM
Can't find the older post, but somebody was looking for a decent picture of the CTS-V shift knob. So while at the Chicago AutoShow today, I hopped in and took a nice close-up of the shifter. Looks nice. Would look even nicer on my V. So is it compatible? Guess I will have to be the guinea pig and try it.

Bob

Bee iLL
02-22-10, 12:16 AM
Here is the original thread. According to Tony, should be an easy swap, you just need to keep the silver trim ring from the current knob to use with the new knob. Now that I saw a pic, I want one... Let us know if you go through with it and how it turns out. Doing a quick google search for the part number (25961838) I found it for $48.06.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/167573-v-logo-shift-knob.html#post1853141

pj96ss
02-22-10, 12:01 PM
Are you guys sure that 25961838 is the correct part number? Just wanting to be sure if I end up ordering one.

P.J.

Redxped1
02-22-10, 12:18 PM
There are two different shifters offered in the ctsv the one shown with the suede and the other one witch is leather and a black center strip

Cataract
02-22-10, 01:09 PM
Bob- As soon as I got back from sitting in that CTS-V at the autoshow, I was on the hunt for one of those shifters too! It looks even better in person.

It is difficult because all those GM parts websites don't have a picture or description saying whether the shifter is suede. I know Cad03sts has one he's putting on. So hopefully he'll have some pics of that in an STS-V soon.

pj96ss
02-22-10, 01:12 PM
I would personally like the leather vs suede knob. Anyone know the part # for the leather version?

P.J.

pj96ss
02-23-10, 01:46 PM
I was able to track down the CTS-V automatic transmission shift knob #'s:
25961838 = suede trim $55.45 (from another post)
25961839 = leather trim $55.45 + shipping (from Luke)

I ordered the leather trim from Luke at Lindsay a few minutes ago. A website has the part # for $48 and change but their shipping was $15 or so. Luke's shipping is less so the over all price is about the same and he's a supporting vendor.

P.J.

Cataract
02-23-10, 02:29 PM
I was able to track down the CTS-V automatic transmission shift knob #'s:
25961838 = suede trim $55.45 (from another post)
25961839 = leather trim $55.45 + shipping (from Luke)

I ordered the leather trim from Luke at Lindsay a few minutes ago. A website has the part # for $48 and change but their shipping was $15 or so. Luke's shipping is less so the over all price is about the same and he's a supporting vendor.

P.J.

How long did Luke say it would take to get the shift knob?

pj96ss
02-23-10, 03:20 PM
He said that he should have it in his hands within 5 days or so from Michigan then UPS to me. Should be by next Friday or so. I'll post pictures of the install.

P.J.

pj96ss
02-23-10, 04:40 PM
If you look at the CTS-V thread on pictures in CTS-V forum, page 2 shows a white CTS-V with what looks like the leather knob.

leija_01
02-24-10, 01:21 AM
Ordered mine earlier today, I'll show pics once I get it on! I ordered suede since I have the suede headliner

LITTLEELVISDAN
02-24-10, 08:34 AM
Just wondering why someone would want to put a low rent CTS-V knob on instead of the ones we have in out STS-V. Just my Opinion..

Bee iLL
02-24-10, 09:42 AM
Just wondering why someone would want to put a low rent CTS-V knob on instead of the ones we have in out STS-V. Just my Opinion..

Just wondering why you think the CTS-V is "low rent" as you called it? What makes the one in our STS-V so special to you?

LITTLEELVISDAN
02-24-10, 07:34 PM
Just wondering why you think the CTS-V is "low rent" as you called it? What makes the one in our STS-V so special to you?Cause the CTS is the entry level car for Caddy then moving up to the STS then the DTS. Price also plays a part in that as the STS-V stickers for over $77k and the CTS-V1 stickered for just below $50k. The STS-V has more luxury inside as opposed the plastic interior of the CTS-V. The standard person probably wouldn't notice but a Caddy person should. I'm not throwing rocks, to each his own. It might look cool.

I think our interiors are still nicer than the new CTS-V2.

pj96ss
02-25-10, 09:26 AM
After closer examination, it looks like (and I'll confirm when I get the CTS-V knob) the STS and CTS auto tranny knob are the same shape. Just different coverings and the 'V' logo on the CTS version. I can't imagine (well I can in today's society) that the auto tranny knobs between the cars from the same manufacturer would be all that different when they only have a couple of sedans. As with anything, to each his own...

P.J.

Bee iLL
02-25-10, 02:41 PM
Cause the CTS is the entry level car for Caddy then moving up to the STS then the DTS. Price also plays a part in that as the STS-V stickers for over $77k and the CTS-V1 stickered for just below $50k. The STS-V has more luxury inside as opposed the plastic interior of the CTS-V. The standard person probably wouldn't notice but a Caddy person should. I'm not throwing rocks, to each his own. It might look cool.

Granted the CTS is the entry level car, but the CTS-V is not. The CTS-V2's interior got a major upgrade over the V1, but I agree, still not as nice as the STS-V. We are talking about the V2 knob, not the V1 knob. As you said, to each his own, I just don't understand the logic of calling the knob low rent, when it is made from the same material the STS-V shift knob is only with a V logo on top...

56145 56146

Granted the CTS-V2 pic isn't accurate as it is the suede version, but you get the general idea, the leather just swaps where the suede is.

Please note that the STS is the most expensive sedan, and always has been, that cadillac has ever made, for all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_STS

:yeah:

Cataract
02-25-10, 03:25 PM
I like the boot as well as really liking the knob.. my biggest turn off to our interior is the plastic chrome on the center console and shifter.

Florian
02-26-10, 12:59 PM
looks way better, has the v logo on it. From a newer model. 99% of the people out there are going to have no clue its from an 09+ cts-v.

+1

f

Florian
02-26-10, 01:02 PM

+1 this is what is keeping me from buying the V2....the shitty interior of the V2.

F

LITTLEELVISDAN
02-27-10, 01:47 PM
florian is my fav mod. all the rest suck.:asskiss: :butkiss:

LITTLEELVISDAN
02-27-10, 01:48 PM
What? No ass kiss icons on the list... Damn that kind of ruins the fun of it. :-)

Cataract
03-05-10, 12:59 PM
Sooo has anyone installed one yet?? Pics??

pj96ss
03-07-10, 04:42 PM
Lindsey Cadillac ran my cc Friday for the knob. Luke said he wouldn't charge till shipped. Should have it this week.

P.J.

pj96ss
03-11-10, 09:46 PM
I got home from a business trip and the CTS-V2 shift knob was here from Luke. Took all of 2 minutes to install. Took a razor blade to insert between the knob and the chrome trim and pushed down on each side. Very little force was needed to pop it down. A T15 torx is needed to unscrew the set screw. Popped off the old, dropped on the new, tightened the set screw on the new knob and pushed the trim ring back in place. Easiest thing ever. The big difference besides the 'V' logo is the wood is black versus the wood on the original knob.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/pj96ss/STS-V/th_IMG00065.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/pj96ss/STS-V/th_IMG00066.jpg

P.J.

bobs-sts-v
03-12-10, 12:57 PM
Did you get the leather or the suede? And what was the part number so I can get this puppy ordered and on my car!!
Thanks for being the guinea pig. :pig:

bob

Cataract
03-12-10, 01:51 PM
Lookin good! Definitely on my list.

Bee iLL
03-12-10, 02:24 PM
Is the leather\suede black or grey? Very hard to tell from your pics because they are so small, but it looks grey in the pic... Could you post larger pics?

pj96ss
03-12-10, 02:59 PM
The leather is exactly like the original STS-V knob. The center insert between the leather sides is black instead of wood grain. The 'V' logo is inset into the knob. The pics are from my Blackberry so they aren't that great.

P.J.

pj96ss
03-13-10, 09:44 AM
Part number for the leather knob is: 25961839

Wait till next week... I've got another interesting part coming from Luke...

P.J.

nascarhead
03-13-10, 10:11 AM
PJ, is that lindsay cadillac in virginia? that was a good price for the shifter knob. i called my local dealer in delaware and they wanted @ 82.00. do you have the number for luke so i can order... TY

kenhock
03-13-10, 10:46 PM
looks great. ordered mine from luke yesterday; $55.45 plus tax and shipping.

cad08stsv
03-14-10, 12:50 PM
Good Morning PJ,
Looks Fantastic..... Very nice JOB. Here we go with the mods again. I can't wait to see what you have coming from Luke.
Russell

nsaness
03-31-10, 08:44 PM
Great Mod, thank you! In my CTS-V1, I always envied the STS-V's "V" dashplate. In my CTS-V2, I like the shift knob and other interior accents very much. On Saturday, I bought a 2008 STS-V, and I enjoyed the dashplate, but longed for the V2 shift knob. In my opinion, this shift knob makes the STS-V perfect....

fast impala
04-24-10, 01:15 PM
I just got my leather CTS-V shift knob today. Five minutes, and it was done.:) I got the leather one, and it is the exact same shift knob, same color leather, as the factory, the center is black, but, with the dark accents in the V, unless you own one, and there are very few that do,:bouncy: you'd never know it wasn't factory.

So, my shift knob and my billet oil cap, along with my GM V floormats, complete the look pretty much.

They should have been on an eighty thousand dollar car, anyway!:bigroll:

Thanks to the guys that find these little accent treasures.:worship:

timinfla2
04-30-10, 08:09 PM
Part number for the leather knob is: 25961839

Wait till next week... I've got another interesting part coming from Luke...

P.J.

Don't hold back! Do tell...

The Suede option sounds interesting. Has anybody gone that route? I'd like to hear your opinion on how it turned out. Seems cool to match the suede seat inserts...

silverws6ta
04-30-10, 10:48 PM
I just got my leather CTS-V shift knob today. Five minutes, and it was done.:) I got the leather one, and it is the exact same shift knob, same color leather, as the factory, the center is black, but, with the dark accents in the V, unless you own one, and there are very few that do,:bouncy: you'd never know it wasn't factory.

So, my shift knob and my billet oil cap, along with my GM V floormats, complete the look pretty much.

They should have been on an eighty thousand dollar car, anyway!:bigroll:

Thanks to the guys that find these little accent treasures.:worship:

Let me put a 'plug' in here.. the GM V Mats are very nice.. I like the embroidery along the edge instead instead of the center of the mat. I think i ended up getting mine for around $140 (July/August '08).

Go ahead and finish up the exterior.. Smoke 3rd lamp, Taillights, GMPP Exhaust and GMPP/Brembo Rotors!! :)

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk366/silverws6ta/IMG00218-20081212-1030.jpg

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk366/silverws6ta/IMG00001-20081106-1332.jpg

Cataract
05-01-10, 03:07 PM
Lookin good. How much did those drilled rotors set you back?

silverws6ta
05-03-10, 08:28 PM
I picked them up from a GM parts reseller for right around $227 a set if I remember correctly. -- In installed them in December '08 -- no issues with them, no cracking etc -- They are made by Brembo - GM of course assigns there part number .. 'Made in Italy' Stamped on the boxes.

pj96ss
05-04-10, 09:35 AM
Can you ping me with the GM parts reseller that you went thru.

P.J.

Cadyman77
05-04-10, 01:04 PM
mine is coming in the next couple of days thanks to you guys with the number for luke and part numbers

550HP STSV
01-31-11, 12:58 AM
anyone have pictures of the leather and the suede shifter knobs?

PGA2B
01-31-11, 10:08 AM
Here is the Leather on my car.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3558/1849/33893424027_large.jpg

550HP STSV
01-31-11, 10:37 AM
Awersome. Anyone have pictures of the suede version?

Cataract
01-31-11, 12:08 PM
I love the way the suede one looks on my car. However, when taking the photos I noticed some wear on it after only a few months of use.. it might just need a brushing or something. Eitherway, getting suede and the V logo was well worth the $45 bucks, it looks really cool. I got mine from Rippy Cadillac Parts dept. Hes on here as a vendor.

jerrylsantos
01-31-11, 06:14 PM
I attempted to remove the chrome ring from the bottom of the shift knob and ended up putting little dents in it. I placed a flathead screwdriver with a wide head inbetween the wood trim and the chrome piece facing forward. I really tried to jam it in there and twist, but no go.

How are you guys getting it off? Should i just keep pushing forward until something pops (like a tab)? or does it does it require me to twist? Should i be applying pressure elsewhere?

TIA

Cataract
01-31-11, 06:41 PM
From what I remember, the ring just slides down. Try loosening around the whole ring, not just in one place because its snug the whole way around it. Maybe someone glued yours on there or something?

pj96ss
02-05-11, 02:29 PM
Take a razor blade and use it to get between the chrome ring and knob and gently push down. Slowly do that around the entire knob and it'll pop down. Unscrew the knob, screw on new knob, and pull the trim ring back up till it clicks in place. 2 minutes.

P.J.