: Best iPod integration unit and navigation - 09 Escalade

killer67
02-21-10, 06:57 AM
Probably been asked many times but now that there are updated models and new players in the market, can I take a poll as to which is the best iPod integration unit (ease of use, installation, sound clarity, etc.). Additionally, which is the best unit for DVD in motion applications?

LeftLane
02-21-10, 07:39 PM
USA Spec PA20-GM is what I have.10 min. install and works prefect.

DVD in motion are made by coastal tech and the company SUCKS.If you have a problem." good luck trying to get in touch with ANYBODY at that company.The kit is call GM LOCKPICK,they are on GEN 6,they keep making them better and better:hmm::rolleyes::hmm:

vfjdesign
02-21-10, 10:48 PM
I was also told about USA spec by stereo shop, if you have xm capable stereo it is a super easy install (xm tuner is behind the glove box and is a complete plug and play).
I would have gone that way but wanted bluetooth (I have 08) also so went with a parrot Mki9100 that does both.

killer67
02-22-10, 10:23 PM
USA Spec PA20-GM is what I have.10 min. install and works prefect.

DVD in motion are made by coastal tech and the company SUCKS.If you have a problem." good luck trying to get in touch with ANYBODY at that company.The kit is call GM LOCKPICK,they are on GEN 6,they keep making them better and better:hmm::rolleyes::hmm:

What about NAV-TRAK for DVD in motion - are they better than Coastaltech in terms of product and customer service?

slimfro
02-23-10, 01:56 PM
USA Spec PA20-GM

icejava
02-24-10, 02:02 PM
I use the USA Spec PA20-GM on my 08 EXT. Its the biggest POS I've owned. I can't change songs, scroll playlist. 50% of the time, I plug it in and doesn't do anything. Basically, I have to set the playlist manually on the iPhone before I plug it into the USA Spec. No controls after its plugged in. I'm ready to yank it out and throw it away. Is there something wrong with mine?

vfjdesign
02-24-10, 05:31 PM
I don't use it but have you tried it with just an Ipod? Some of my other accessories don't work with my iphone but do work with my ipod??? just a thought.

cadichris
09-04-10, 06:20 PM
Can someone tell me where the XM module is behind the glove box? Everyone is saying it is right behind the glove box, but I looked and I cant see it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to install the ISimple adaptor right now....

CadX6
09-05-10, 01:39 PM
The XM box is the metal box right behind the glove box (you have to flip the glove box down to access it). Not to be snide, but "you can't miss it" (unless for some reason yours got ripped off :hmm:.
I have the PA20-GM in my 09. It works reasonably well with my 4th gen Nano. I've found the unit performs very differently with different iPod / iPhone models. I've used an original iPod Video, 3rd gen Nano, iPhone 3G & iPhone 4 with varying degrees of success - the 4th gen Nano works best.
I had a Costaltech in my 07 & had to remove it since it completely screwed up my nav & display. That was awhile ago but I'm still leery of their stuff.
See if these help - it's the box with the gold connector kind of in the middle.

cadichris
09-06-10, 02:04 PM
Thanks CadX6. I will take a look today to see if I can find it. Thanks for the pictures too.