: Running amps from factory radio

killer67
02-21-10, 06:19 AM
Is is it possible to run two amps from the factory radio. Don't really want to change the head unit and mess up on star, etc., but want to beef up the sound with an amp for front and rear speakers and another for a stealthbox or sub. Is it possible? Anyone tried it? Thanks.:thumbsup:

vfjdesign
02-22-10, 12:46 PM
I have not tried it yet, My stereo shop says it is def. possible. You have to run them after the bose amp....they are putting together a quote for me now.

killer67
02-22-10, 10:14 PM
I have not tried it yet, My stereo shop says it is def. possible. You have to run them after the bose amp....they are putting together a quote for me now.

keep us up to date because I would like to try this

bkop
02-22-10, 11:58 PM
why don't you just get something like a JL cleansweep? that's what i was planning on getting, but since i'm just added subs for right now, my audio shop told me about something called Re-Q. But the cleansweep allows you to do what you're wanting.

killer67
02-23-10, 12:51 AM
why don't you just get something like a JL cleansweep? that's what i was planning on getting, but since i'm just added subs for right now, my audio shop told me about something called Re-Q. But the cleansweep allows you to do what you're wanting.

Thanks bkop for the info. I will look it and ask my shop about it.

vfjdesign
02-23-10, 02:38 PM
This is what my stereo shop suggested, Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2, I have no idea if it will work. They are still working it out with the Tech??? I just looked at the JL cleansweep online, it looks nice too. Probably the same kind of thing?

bkop
02-23-10, 03:17 PM
Yeah the 360.2 and the cleansweep are basically the same thing. I've seen more raves about the 360.2, but it's because it allows you to have a lot of control over everything. You can connect to it via Bluetooth and set frequencies and what not. It's a lot of stuff I truely don't understand lol.

doctordog
02-23-10, 09:06 PM
i have used 360 and jl and alpine dont waste your money go with a simple inline audio input rca output works excellent the problem with the 360 and the jl, alpine is trying to sum the channels it will drive you nuts i have over 30 years of audio/video experience installing i am running 15" sub and added front speakers the 360 is very hard to set up everthing is down stream from bose amp the 360, jl ,alpine are just over kill