: Bluetooth success!

vfjdesign
02-20-10, 10:10 AM
Well after 2 months of working on a bluetooth solution for my 08 Lade EXT, Success at last! I went with the Parrot MKI9100 unit and put the display in place of the clock, the controller cusom mounted in ashtray with an led light for night and the lid on the ashtray still closes. The only thing I gave up was the clock but what I got is much more. It is an awesome system. It wasn't cheap (around $700 incl installation and taxes) but well worth it. There are a few bugs I am still working out (main one being a hole where the clock setting was done--gets dust in there) Here are some of the features:

-Great bluetooth connectivity through factory speakers (MUST use quick connect harness if you have Bose system!!) others won't work--tried and failed miserably.
-Phone book transferred even on iphone.
-Voice calling even though iphone doesn't have it.
-Mutes all speakers and Announces callers and shows them on the parrot display.
-Ipod play and display through factory speakers-sounds great
-A USB interface for updating and I guess other things
-A line in for non Ipod mp3 players (basically a headphone jack)
-Bluetooth audio streaming (even on iphone 3g- not supposed to work but does?)

I love the "non interrupted" factory look of the dash. I just couldn't stick a display on the dash.

Feel free to PM me for any questions you have.

Here are some rough pics taken with my phone to show it.

LeftLane
02-20-10, 02:00 PM
sweet

trashguy
02-20-10, 02:36 PM
Very clean install.

PreachRR
02-20-10, 04:33 PM
could you list all the parts you used to do this install? thanks

krieghoff
02-21-10, 06:15 AM
-Great bluetooth connectivity through factory speakers (MUST use quick connect harness if you have Bose system!!) others won't work--tried and failed miserably

How hard was it to get it hooked up to the Bluetooth?

Does it need to have an FM station to go to?

vfjdesign
02-21-10, 06:37 PM
Thanks Everyone,
The parts needed were the Parrot Mki9100, quick connect harness (http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php) and other install parts that stereo shop used. (Audio Express did the work) I think the work on the actual connection was easy (plug and play) they did have to call quick connect to get the right setting on the harness, putting the display behind the clock "glass" not so sure, the controller is wireless they just built a little stand and put it on with velcro so I can change the battery in it. NO FM station needed it is just like pairing to a headset. it is seemless and awesome, mutes whatever you are listening to and call comes through, when done it goes back to what you were listening to. Ipod sounds great good quality connections. Love it and worth every penny to me.