: Access amplifier under console? No nav voice

ZZ4x4
02-20-10, 09:54 AM
Hey all, Wondered if there is a way to access the stereo amplifier that is under the center console through the storage bin. Appears there are 3 screws inside the bin... and a couple by the rear cupholder. Does this work or does the entire console have to come up?
My problem is that the Nav voice has no sound, the turn signals have no tic toc, and the reverse sensors do not beep. All speakers, including the center channel work fine when playing DVDs and stereo. Looking for a reason that the computer generated sounds do not get mixed in. I've already reset the battery and fuses so thinking I need to check cabling now per that TSB. Or , any other advise from anyone?
Thanks,
Jeff

Zhariak
02-21-10, 12:02 PM
Hey all, Wondered if there is a way to access the stereo amplifier that is under the center console through the storage bin. Appears there are 3 screws inside the bin... and a couple by the rear cupholder. Does this work or does the entire console have to come up?
My problem is that the Nav voice has no sound, the turn signals have no tic toc, and the reverse sensors do not beep. All speakers, including the center channel work fine when playing DVDs and stereo. Looking for a reason that the computer generated sounds do not get mixed in. I've already reset the battery and fuses so thinking I need to check cabling now per that TSB. Or , any other advise from anyone?
Thanks,
Jeff

I've had that SAME issue.

For some reason it happens 2 times every summer randomly. The dealership says there's not way it could happen, but it gets SOOO annoying...

I've actually had to pull over, turn my car off, pertend to open the door and let it sit for 2+ minutes... Sometimes it would start working, sometimes I'd have to repeat a few times...

No matter what though it always starts working again after parking for 10+ hours... It's weird.