: Whats your favorite Genre of music.

RBraczyk
08-16-04, 12:22 AM
Personally im a fan of Rock, all shapes and forms, and some rap. What do you all like? Also post some of your favorite lyrics.

Ralph
08-16-04, 12:27 AM
I still like the late '80's metal or "power" stuff like Cinderella, Motley Crue, Poison, Bon Jovi, etc. etc. Loved cruising to it.

I'm all over the place because I also like Sinatra, 90's dance music (I'm NOT gay, and not that there's anything wrong with that) Waylon Jennings for Country, Springstein, Stones, etc. :)

I can't honestly name 5 new country bands, I just don't follow them. Oh ya, add Johnny Cash.

RBraczyk
08-16-04, 12:40 AM
I'm in the same boat as ralph to a certain extent, im kinda stuck on the oldies, and i must say kanye's album, hot hot hot!

Ralph
08-16-04, 12:45 AM
I'm in the same boat as ralph to a certain extent, im kinda stuck on the oldies, and i must say kanye's album, hot hot hot!

So what's the difference between hip hop and Rap? Aren't they the same?? I guess if I have to ask then I'm not very cool anymore. :crying:

I forgot Fat Boy Slim and Bran Van 3000, and Ramstein. (cool heavy German techno)

RBraczyk
08-16-04, 12:49 AM
I dunno, but i still listen to fleetwood mac, how hopeless am I :hmm:

Ralph
08-16-04, 12:53 AM
I dunno, but i still listen to fleetwood mac, how hopeless am I :hmm:
I'd say "pretty hopeless." :)

Now if only Fat Boy Slim made a greatest hits cd, I'd be first in line.

RBraczyk
08-16-04, 01:06 AM
YES!! Did you see the christopher walkin video where he was dancing around and flying and stuff...that was fatboy slim right?

Ralph
08-16-04, 01:13 AM
YES!! Did you see the christopher walkin video where he was dancing around and flying and stuff...that was fatboy slim right?
Yup, that was them. Cool video! I think they made him out to look older for that video, but it was unforgetable IMO. They must have shot it in the hotel around 3 am or something. I also like the Fat Boy video that they did where the street dancers set up in front of a movie theatre and the management came and took the ghetto blaster away. I like the blonde in that video. :shhh: She looked EXACTLY like my girlfriend in univ.

The old Beastie boys videos are cool. Remember when they get made up with cheap 1970's mirrored sunglasses and fake mustaches and play cops from an old Italian movie or something. Chasing crims around. I remember a Ford LTD in that one. Friggin hilarious! Like watching an old episode of Kojak.

RBraczyk
08-16-04, 01:17 AM
Yea, the ch-check it out video was pretty good too. I know the video your talking about. It was the sabotage video. Well im out, night ralph.

tru504187211
08-16-04, 02:33 PM
Mostly hip-hop, with some 80's mixed in... 8 Ball & MJG, Master P, Juvenile, Lil Jon, and Pastor Troy would have to be some of the favorites... Lyrics? Here's a link to a car related song by Troy...

http://display.lyrics.astraweb.com:2000/display.cgi?pastor_troy..by_any_means_necessary..r idin_big

c5 rv
08-16-04, 11:11 PM
Both kinds: country and western. I also like classical and big band. My wife loves to listen to 60s & 70s rock when riding in the car. Arggh!

majax
08-17-04, 01:46 AM
I like most Rock and light rock and country rock. Personaly I'm not a fan of a lot of the rap songs maybe 1 or 2. And I think the 80's is probably the best decade for good music.

"we'll be ridin down the freeway, wooaa ooo in my pink cadillac"

M STaR 013
08-17-04, 05:46 AM
this is my interpretation of the two genres:
usually Hip-Hop songs are a little faster, and they usually DON'T rhyme about killing, slapping hoes. Rap is more killing, ghetto life, drug use, etc. you know, hard core gangsta sheet! the people whom i say are hip hop artists are Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Jurassic 5, Dilated Peoples. Rap is like Cam'ron/Diplomats, Jadakiss (by the way, his album is tite), Nas, Jay-Z (sometimes).

i love most music. but my favorite is hip-hop/rap. i'll listen to anything. i got rock, classic rock, emo, punk, ska, country, techno dance stuff (fatboy slim is my fav!), oldies but PiMPies like Al Green, Earth, Wind and Fire, WAR, Prince (when he was Prince), Temptations, Four Tops, Santana, and Stevie Wonder!, Jazz music, R&B, and N*E*R*D (http://www.n-e-r-d.com/) (they are in a class of their own!)

davesdeville
08-17-04, 08:44 PM
Hip hop, rap, and occasionally some classic rock to switch it up a bit.

Country is the second worst, but whiney ass punk rock and anything like that makes me want to smash things.

RBraczyk
08-17-04, 08:50 PM
I love the oldies too, and ralph, i must say rammstein kicks ass.

Ralph
08-17-04, 09:14 PM
I love the oldies too, and ralph, i must say rammstein kicks ass.

They are supercool manchu baby! I like the opening song they did on the movie "Tripple XXX." (Vin Diesel) They are freaky lookin' dudes indeed, and the lead singer is something like 6 foot 6, and has a hard time fitting into his Porsche LOL! (so I've heard)

btw, I mailed it today, and clear your freaking pm box b/c no one can mail you. :rant2:

Randy_W
08-17-04, 10:18 PM
Buffett!!!!!!!! :coolgleam It is a way of life, we all wish we could live. ;)

DPGC23
08-18-04, 01:38 AM
Alright
Rap Is Gangsta Rap, South Rap, East Rap, All Typa Rap, Westcoast Gangsta Shiz

Hiphop, Tahs Rawkus, Packpackers N Watnot

I Bang That Westcoast, I Bang That Lupillo Rivera, N I Bang Them Oldies In Tha Lacc,

Like Roscoe Said,,,,,,,,i Love Cali In Tha Summertime

Dpgc23

Adam
08-18-04, 03:39 AM
im with DPGC. thats what i like. Youngbloodz are one of my favorites cause all they sing about is Cadillacs. i like other types of music, Led Zeppelin and bands like that. im not to fond of the 80s rock. i like some old school music and im talkin old like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. thas some good s**t. my lil brother got me hooked on that.

RBraczyk
08-18-04, 05:09 AM
jimmy buffet is the man!!! Agreed 100% Randy.

Ralph
08-18-04, 05:15 AM
jimmy buffet is the man!!! Agreed 100% Randy.

Is that guy still around?! I had a K-Tel record in the 1970's containing a song called "Magaretiville" that was good but MAN! I haven't heard ANYTHING on that guy since then. :rolleyes2

Yup, Led Zepplin's great, and for 80's rock I should have added HoneyMoon Suite (good Canadian band, and we tried to get them for our Prom) Loverboy (another) Glass Tiger (yet again) and Def Lepard.

I bet most Americans haven't even heard of Glass Tiger, or HoneyMoon Suite. All you know are the "Bare Naked Ladies." :devil:

barge master
08-18-04, 06:11 AM
At heart, I'm still into the old metal like Judas Priest, Dio, Iron Maiden. There is a lot of old country I like too, before they started all these crybaby songs about their kids and whatnot. I can do without most top 40 pop music. There is nothing on the radio anymore IMO. The whole classic rock thing is so played. How many times can you play the same old retread songs every day and not get sick of it? Some old songs I haven't heard in a while would be nice.

RBraczyk
08-18-04, 08:56 AM
Isn't dio the one that came out with that song "holy diver"?

barge master
08-19-04, 10:43 PM
That's Dio RB. Also The Last In Line, Man On The Silver Mountain, and a host of others. He kicks total ass esp. for 53 yrs. old. What do you want for the Blazer?

RBraczyk
08-19-04, 11:13 PM
I probably won't but if i did it would be close to 6k. It has a new transmission, and transfer case, plus its been maintained and paint is gorgeous.