: My 2007 Cadillac EXT with Flo TV and more

IgotGAME
02-19-10, 04:31 PM
Guys..I did this video very quickly...and it is not pretty..and it ends abruptly as I ran out of memory on my camera..lol

This just shows some of the stuff I have in my truck
- Flo TV
- Xbox 360
- Speakers

But I will make another video that goes a little more in depth with Flo TV showing the guide, channels, remote, remote sensor, etc...

Enjoy and ask any questions you want!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ldQywkSE0

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1ldQywkSE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1ldQywkSE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

vfjdesign
02-19-10, 05:16 PM
Wow, that is what I call a tricked out Caddy! NICE!!

trashguy
02-19-10, 06:58 PM
thats sick, is the flo tv a tuner ? all ive seen is small portable 8 inch flo tvs.

IgotGAME
02-19-10, 08:34 PM
thats sick, is the flo tv a tuner ? all ive seen is small portable 8 inch flo tvs.

Flo TV is essentially a new way to watch TV in your vehicle without buying a tracvision system. They have roughly 15 channels as of now I believe..of course ESPN being the most important. They are backed by qualcom and are buying up cell phone tower access to increase coverage. Vcast on a verizon phone for example is flo tv.

I am actually the first person within like a 200 mile radius to have it installed because I have a dealer piece that's supposed to be for new cars only(only difference being the name brand of who makes the piece). They have a retail version for stores but the shipments were delayed until the 20th or something so they went ahead and installed the dealer piece as it is the same thing just a different brand name.

They had employees from their other store locations and other interested buyers there looking at my finished product.

You can read up on it here:

http://www.flotv.com/

boss513
02-20-10, 07:02 PM
what i think thrash guy is trying to say is wat will other escalade owners need? just the tv, antenna etc? i already have a tv in my dash so i'm basically just looking to see how can i get live tv like yours.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x37/hs_int0092/My%20lade/P1020770.jpg

IgotGAME
02-20-10, 08:05 PM
Flo TV is just the antenna and remote with remote sensor.

It comes with 1 year of service free and after the free year, service is $199/year. They currently have roughly 15 channels and are adding channels as fast as possible.

It can be added to any existing screen in any vehicle. Just keep in mind that the larger the TV the more distorted the image could become. The NAV screen itself is about as large as I would want to see one on. I read online that someone saw one with a 10.2in screen and it looks really pixelated, which is understandable. I can see some pixelation on the nav screen. The hand held devices for Flo TV are most only 3.5" in screen size so I assume they look really good.

boss513
02-21-10, 11:01 AM
Flo TV is just the antenna and remote with remote sensor.
It comes with 1 year of service free and after the free year, service is $199/year. They currently have roughly 15 channels and are adding channels as fast as possible.

It can be added to any existing screen in any vehicle. Just keep in mind that the larger the TV the more distorted the image could become. The NAV screen itself is about as large as I would want to see one on. I read online that someone saw one with a 10.2in screen and it looks really pixelated, which is understandable. I can see some pixelation on the nav screen. The hand held devices for Flo TV are most only 3.5" in screen size so I assume they look really good.

thank you, i have a 10.4 i'm not going to be watching as much just one those things i'd like to have. so i'll look into it more

goldesky
02-21-10, 04:49 PM
quick question - is that your FACTORY Nav screen there that the FloTV is just wired into via the AUX? Or is it a separate screen that you put IN PLACE of the factory one... i.e. if that's just an add-on to my factory display i'm sold... i want mine to look stock as possible but be hacked as much as possible ;)

IgotGAME
02-21-10, 05:32 PM
quick question - is that your FACTORY Nav screen there that the FloTV is just wired into via the AUX? Or is it a separate screen that you put IN PLACE of the factory one... i.e. if that's just an add-on to my factory display i'm sold... i want mine to look stock as possible but be hacked as much as possible ;)

Yes that is my factory screen. I have a nav by-pass switch installed that I can cut on and off with my source button on my steering wheel. So I can cut the video off or on while driving down the road for the front nav screen(obviously this also lets me use all of the navigation functions when on too). I also have a kenwood switcher installed that basically allows me to use the rear auxilary to control everything. So the Flo TV, Xbox 360, and the rear console audio video inputs are all tied to the switcher that is in my console.

I will try and do a video explaining this a little more in depth.

IgotGAME
02-21-10, 09:06 PM
Here is an updated video showing the Flo TV in depth and explaining a couple of things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c8gCO11JAg

vfjdesign
02-22-10, 11:33 AM
Awesome setup!!!! Couple questions, do you have the part/model # for the Kenwood switch? and I don't have vcast anymore but when I did, Flo TV was not live except for ESPN and could not get any NFL games is that still the case???
Thanks and FYI my wife gets mad at you everytime I look at your videos because she knows what I am about to do :)

boss513
02-22-10, 11:36 AM
Yes that is my factory screen. I have a nav by-pass switch installed that I can cut on and off with my source button on my steering wheel. So I can cut the video off or on while driving down the road for the front nav screen(obviously this also lets me use all of the navigation functions when on too). I also have a kenwood switcher installed that basically allows me to use the rear auxilary to control everything. So the Flo TV, Xbox 360, and the rear console audio video inputs are all tied to the switcher that is in my console.

I will try and do a video explaining this a little more in depth.

:thumbsup: i'll be investing in one this summer (vacation time)

mattroberts123
02-22-10, 02:28 PM
What module are you using to allow Video In Motion?

Looks really cool to me... I think I'm going to take the plunge.

IgotGAME
02-22-10, 05:17 PM
Awesome setup!!!! Couple questions, do you have the part/model # for the Kenwood switch? and I don't have vcast anymore but when I did, Flo TV was not live except for ESPN and could not get any NFL games is that still the case???
Thanks and FYI my wife gets mad at you everytime I look at your videos because she knows what I am about to do :)

I am not sure about live NFL games since we are out of season but they do have CBS, FOX, and NBC. I know you can get live college and nba games so I don't see why NFL wouldn't work.

Trust me I know about the wife...she gives me a hard time all the time, but I work hard and she gets what she wants so she can't say anything :p

I believe the switch is a KVA-S300. It's a little pricey, but I wanted a high quality switch just like my dvd by-pass switch...I didn't want any cheap parts in there..especially when having multiple video sources. I did have them install a ground loop isolator after the switch to ensure no engine feedback through the speakers...all works great!

The DVD bypass switch I use is by PAC(pacific accessory corporation)..I think NU-GM29 is the model of the device....it cost me about $250...I did that about 6 months ago..funny thing is the other day the tech at the shop I go to now(different from where the by pass switch was installed) mentioned my bypass switch and I asked him was it a good one and he said definitely..he said its not the name brand one, but the name brand one cost about $1000 while the non-name brand one cost about $200-$300...he said all they install is the non-name brand one there. I can't complain as its worked flawlessly...I can cut it on and off when I want so "no soup for you" police man!

mattroberts123
02-22-10, 05:31 PM
Okay...

I now see how to get the screen to allow video to show up... but if I don't have the rear seat entertainment package (tv) where can I plug something in to actually get a video feed input for the head unit?

Thanks again!

IgotGAME
02-22-10, 07:40 PM
Okay...

I now see how to get the screen to allow video to show up... but if I don't have the rear seat entertainment package (tv) where can I plug something in to actually get a video feed input for the head unit?

Thanks again!

You will need a Nav lock pick with audio/video inputs on it.

Mine does not have those.

You may want to look at the Gen 6 lock picks and maybe some others here can help you with that information, but you definitely want a nav unlock switch that has audio/video inputs on it.

mattroberts123
02-23-10, 09:39 AM
Gotcha.

So if I have the RCA inputs in the back of the center console, an option should show on the front screen to display the input when something is plugged in?

IgotGAME
02-23-10, 10:16 AM
Gotcha.

So if I have the RCA inputs in the back of the center console, an option should show on the front screen to display the input when something is plugged in?

It should yes. They even explained to my how my by-pass switch doesn't have audio/video connections but some do. I assume the ones with the audio/video inputs would accept a video signal...the only question I would have is would it put that signal on the screen...I assume it would, but I am not certain.

Now that we are talking about this...I am glad I have a rear entertainment system in my truck :p

bkop
02-23-10, 11:27 AM
The DVD bypass switch I use is by PAC(pacific accessory corporation)..I think NU-GM29 is the model of the device

just checked out pac-audio's video on how this works. definitely what i've been looking for. seems to work a lot simpler than the lock picks. thanks!

IgotGAME
02-23-10, 01:05 PM
just checked out pac-audio's video on how this works. definitely what i've been looking for. seems to work a lot simpler than the lock picks. thanks!

Yea it doesn't get much simpler.

Want to turn it on?
Hold down source - You'll hear one beep and the display shows "Confirm safe use"
Press source again - You will hear 2 beeps and the display will show "Acknowledged"

Want to turn it back off?
Hold down source till it beeps and it will cut off. Sealed and concealed!

bkop
02-23-10, 01:31 PM
Yea it doesn't get much simpler.

Want to turn it on?
Hold down source - You'll hear one beep and the display shows "Confirm safe use"
Press source again - You will hear 2 beeps and the display will show "Acknowledged"

Want to turn it back off?
Hold down source till it beeps and it will cut off. Sealed and concealed!

just to make sure, it does allow you to play a DVD while in motion too right? seems to do everything else, just haven't clearly seen where it says it can do that.

BDEVLIN
02-23-10, 01:49 PM
I have the sling box as well but wanted to know what type of cord you are using to connect it to the rear player? And also where you got it? I have a Blackberry but I would imagine Radio Shack or someone might carry it?

slimfro
02-23-10, 01:54 PM
Nice!

IgotGAME
02-23-10, 06:03 PM
I have the sling box as well but wanted to know what type of cord you are using to connect it to the rear player? And also where you got it? I have a Blackberry but I would imagine Radio Shack or someone might carry it?

I would google Blackberry __________ (insert your phone here) rca cable.

I have HTC Touch Pro and they make a seperate RCA cable for the phone that plugs into the bottom of it. I Assume they may make these cables for a lot of phones. You actually may be able to use the RCA cable I have in the blackberry as it is mini usb...but I would look for a blackberry specific one first.

bkop - Yes it will allow DVD playing while in motion. It will allow anything playing while in motion..xbox 360...anything. It's perfect.

BDEVLIN
02-25-10, 07:22 AM
I tried to google it and it doesn't seem like there is one out there for the blackberry. I wonder if the one for the HTC would work on the blackberry. Is it possible for you to post a pic of the cord you are using. I really want to get the SLingplayer working in the car. It would be sweet. THanks

mattroberts123
02-25-10, 12:35 PM

Problem is that the PAC device doesnt seem to have audio inputs... only video.... they clearly thought we only would be connecting cameras, not other audio/visual units.

:(

IgotGAME
02-25-10, 07:47 PM
I tried to google it and it doesn't seem like there is one out there for the blackberry. I wonder if the one for the HTC would work on the blackberry. Is it possible for you to post a pic of the cord you are using. I really want to get the SLingplayer working in the car. It would be sweet. THanks

My wife has a blackberry curve. I tried the cable in her phone, but it won't fit. The HTC Touch pro has a odd shaped mini usb plug on the bottom. Normal mini usb plugs will fit into the bottom of my phone even though it is shaped weird, but items designed in the shape of the HTC Touch Pro's mini usb plug won't fit in other mini usb plugs.

BDEVLIN
03-01-10, 06:16 PM
Yeah I had to learn the hard way. I order one and got it today. You are correct. It won't fit. Just my luck, and I can't find one anywhere else. You would think Blackberry would have something for this phone? Ughhh

My wife has a blackberry curve. I tried the cable in her phone, but it won't fit. The HTC Touch pro has a odd shaped mini usb plug on the bottom. Normal mini usb plugs will fit into the bottom of my phone even though it is shaped weird, but items designed in the shape of the HTC Touch Pro's mini usb plug won't fit in other mini usb plugs.