: Is mileage stored anywhere other than on the cluster for 2009?

Bisco
02-19-10, 10:44 AM
The cluster on my 2009 went dead last week. Since i'm already over my 50K warranty (lots of cross country driving), the dealer wants an arm and a leg to replace it. I found a local shop that can do it for much cheaper, only problem being is I dont remember the exact mileage. The local shop isnt sure, so does anyone know if miles are stored anywhere other than the cluster where mileage can be confirmed? Ecm or vicu maybe? Thanks.

evois
02-19-10, 11:42 AM
ecu...

mattroberts123
02-19-10, 01:12 PM
You can get a cluster for cheap on ebay.

either that, or find a friend with an 09 and swap clusters.. have him take his in and get it replaced under warranty

Bisco
02-19-10, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately, non of my friends drive an Escalade. Either way, dealer already knows that my truck already has 50K+ miles anyway. I dont want to pull any tricks, just trying to find out if its possible to obtain the true mileage from the ecu or vcim.

The issue is not getting a cluster, Im trying to see if I can obtain the mileage to program it into the new cluster. My shop has tried to power up the old cluster with no luck.

Alien
02-19-10, 02:57 PM
If you get your onstar emails, see if the mileage changed from last month...and use that...

mattroberts123
02-19-10, 04:10 PM
The mileage almost surely is contained in the ECU, and should be able to be accessed from a Tech 2 Tool.

I'm sure once you put the new cluster in, your dealership should be willing to program it for you.