: Fuel Pressure Guage

BMBSALES
02-18-10, 11:21 PM
has anyone messed with hooking up a fuel pressure guage on their v? if so, i'm looking for the most convenient way to hook up. looks like the fuel lines are on back of firewall, and that maybe the pressure side has a green cap where it looks like you could screw on a guage.

anyone try this, or have a better connection?

bmb

Redxped1
02-18-10, 11:54 PM
if you pull off the top intake you will see a valve off the fuel rail on the drivers side if i remember

BMBSALES
02-19-10, 11:18 AM
under the engine cover? if not, that's probably not going to be as convenient as i had hoped.

do you remember the one on firewall with green cap on valve?

Submariner409
02-19-10, 11:26 AM
The fuel rail green cap is the fuel pressure test port.

If you intend to permanently hook up a mechanical (capillary tube) fuel pressure gauge DO NOT, under any circumstances, run it into the cabin. That is illegal and scary dangerous. That type of gauge must be attached to either the hood or air intake panel at the cowl.

An electric unit is fine but not easy to find.

Redxped1
02-19-10, 11:33 AM
Yes under the engine cover you will see it once you take off the intake.

pj96ss
02-19-10, 12:32 PM
Autometer makes several fuel pressure gauges that come with isolators to allow the gauge to be mounted inside. From the isolator to the interior gauge the line is filled with anti-freeze. I've installed this in my FF5 Cobra.

P.J.

BMBSALES
02-20-10, 07:24 PM
yeah, i'm not going to run a perm one and not going into cabin. just something i can lay on cowl and watch for a couple wot pulls to make sure pressure is straight (fuel filter, etc)

ic where you guys are using rail under intake, but has anyone seen the other green cap on fuel line at rear of engine by firewall? that would be a great temp spot.

bmb